The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #176
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays.
Not a problem just line Clark up behind him and he will push him to where he needs to go it worked to perfection twice last night
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #177
DENVERDUI55

Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hard and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #178
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
32 carries is nothing.

TD had 47 touches against the Bills in 1997 after barely getting out of Denver because of a snowstorm.

Moreno has put in two solid efforts in a row.

Let's hope he keeps it up.
C'mon dude, 32 carries over 16 games is 512 carries.

TD avg'd 21.2 carries/gm over his career. The 2008 yd season he had 392 carries, which is 24.5 carries a game.

The most carries in a season I remember is Larry Johnson with about 460.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #179
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Wow. It also averages out to 16,800 yards over 10 seasons--we have the NFL's 2nd leading all time rusher on board! Raise your standards. When has KM ever played 16 games, let alone run for 91 per game in them?

Dude is serviceable, we've agreed on that. But let's not turn him into a 1400 yard back, that's crazy talk.
While I will not go over the top for KM, you can't forget his receiving yards too. We would all be happy if KM contributed earlier in the season with 80 total yards. He is in there because of an injury and should be a starter. He had a few breakout runs and a couple of tough yards earned when he should have been down. Negative side, missed some outside grass space or danced a little too much at times. Overall, a good game and kept the game balanced especially on our last drive. He did everything he was asked to do. I still want Willis back for the playoffs but if he can get by the Ravens, we are looking pretty nice for that better seed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #180
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would ......
It's killing you that he's seizing his opportunity. At least try to pretend it isn't.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #181
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The people who hate on him have BMI's in the 30s, listen to Brad Paisley and wear the same flanel shirts every day of the week. They are what we call ****ing losers.
lol

the more you dislike knowshon = the fatter you are
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #182
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
While I will not go over the top for KM, you can't forget his receiving yards too. We would all be happy if KM contributed earlier in the season with 80 total yards. He is in there because of an injury and should be a starter. He had a few breakout runs and a couple of tough yards earned when he should have been down. Negative side, missed some outside grass space or danced a little too much at times. Overall, a good game and kept the game balanced especially on our last drive. He did everything he was asked to do. I still want Willis back for the playoffs but if he can get by the Ravens, we are looking pretty nice for that better seed.
I will not be surprised if Moreno continues to start even when McGahee is healthy. McGahee will be subbed in on 3 and short and to spell KM. Not because McGahee is not 100% but because by the time McGahee returns KM is playing so well.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #183
JakeZ01

Quote:
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hardwood knows? and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.

Holman has speed...how is he doing? Methinks blocks have something to do with it. But I'm not stupid, so who knows?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #184
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I will not be surprised if Moreno continues to start even when McGahee is healthy. McGahee will be subbed in on 3 and short and to spell KM. Not because McGahee is not 100% but because by the time McGahee returns KM is playing so well.
I dont see it. While Moreno did score near the goal line, we also failed at it on the previous drive. Could it have been the Oline? Sure but I am sure the confidence of getting that tough yard is with Willis McGahee. Moreno will be activated when he comes back, that I am almost positive. Now if he gets hurt between now and then, who knows.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #185
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
Holman has speed...how is he doing? Methinks blocks have something to do with it. But I'm not stupid, so who knows?
Not sure who knows
We can probably rule out the people who think his name is "Holman" though
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #186
Agamemnon

Quote:
Moreno is serviceable. He has produced last few weeks and helped the team. That being said a good rb would added 100 more yards at least in that time frame. His lack of speed showed me last night that the toss plays teams don't have to defense against him. He had a long gain on a toss left that his lack of speed cost a big gain. Lack of speed is fine when you have power which Moreno is short on too. He is playing hard and giving the team what he has got. He has been great in passing department and only slightly above average in the run game. Better teams that Denver will face in playoffs will be able to stack the box with the nickle package. The reason for all the fg last night in my opinion is lack of power run game that includes OL along with Moreno below average short yardage ability.
The reason for all the field goals was untimely sacks and Manning not being able to find his guy on multiple passes.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #187
CEH
Ring of Famer

By Knowshown standards it was a great game
By Magahee standards it was a good game
- Tommy Nalen

Denver will be satisified with Knowshown having great Knowshon games
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #188
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I dont see it. While Moreno did score near the goal line, we also failed at it on the previous drive. Could it have been the Oline? Sure but I am sure the confidence of getting that tough yard is with Willis McGahee. Moreno will be activated when he comes back, that I am almost positive. Now if he gets hurt between now and then, who knows.
But that is exactly what I am saying McGahee might get those goal line carries but remember he had fumble issues the two games before he got injured.

Obviously it will come down to how well Moreno is playing at that time.

As Harbaugh likes to say, "The guy with the hot hand"
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #189
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
McGahee has 4 TD's in goal-to-go situations in 2012. One on a reception.

16 attempts, 3 TD's rushing, one fumble lost.

Moreno:

5 goal-to-go attempts, 2 TD's rushing.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #190
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
By Knowshown standards it was a great game
By Magahee standards it was a good game
- Tommy Nalen

Denver will be satisified with Knowshown having great Knowshon games
I heard 168 Yscm was the best day any back on the Denver roster had this year.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #191
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lets not forget the 69 yards after contact....Willis cant touch those numbers either.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #192
Popps
It's so easy

I'm sure someone mentioned this but Franklin was on the Fan and when asked about the two backs basically said they're the same guy from a style standpoint. I'd take WM over KM right now any day... but the drop-off hasn't been marked to this point. Let's remember, WM has had his struggles in a couple games this year as well.

People just need to get over it. He was drafted where he was drafted... and drafted by who drafted him. McDaniels may have been a poor coach/GM but he left us with a few valuable contributors to this team right now, like it or not. I mean... let it go. We're in the middle of an historic season.

Personally, I think it's awesome that we're getting SOME return out of what looked like a busted pick at one point.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #193
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
It's killing you that he's seizing his opportunity. At least try to pretend it isn't.
I wouldn't say that. I'm starting him in all my fantasy leagues and its in the playoffs. That being said lack of legit RB scares me going into the playoffs as teams can play nickle and dime D against us and not get lit up in running game. I still don't think Moreno is Adrian Peterson or the great savior but he is all we got and I wish him the best of luck. As I said before the reason our OL is getting killed on short yardage is they don't respect Morenos outside speed or lack of it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #194
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
He does but he is mentally lost and over his head and thinks too much when he gets the ball. Hillman isn't that explosive as soon as he takes the handoff like portis was. Both our RBs are a little slow hitting holes and it makes the OL look worse than they have been. Moreno is the guy and producing good enough for now but let's wait til we face a solid D. I know RB ranked whatever but their pass D sucks so teams don't run on them. Denver won't see a good D until the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #195
Popps
It's so easy

I will say this, any fan here who thinks KM isn't important to us will get a brutal wake-up call if he goes down and Ball/Hillman have to carry the load.

Say your prayers, folks.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #196
Action

Quote:
As I said before the reason our OL is getting killed on short yardage is they don't respect Morenos outside speed or lack of it.
Wrong.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #197
Action

I don't think Moreno will get 32 touches again... that's a bit high. I'm actually surprised Hillman didn't get more carries considering he was running well.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #198
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Moreno:

5 goal-to-go attempts, 2 TD's rushing.
Moreno would have 3 TD's in 5 attempts, had Franklin not fell, leaving his man unblocked on the 2nd and goal (where we had to settle for a FG).

Unrein ran right through the hole and Knowshon was right behind him. It was sad, because Franklin normally mauls in those situations.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #199
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
He does but he is mentally lost and over his head and thinks too much when he gets the ball.
Not anymore. The last couple games, Hillman has gotten markedly better. He doesn't hesistate anymore. he turns it upfield well, and is even bending it on cutbacks now. I think he was intimidated before, but he's not now because he sees Knowshon doing it.

It's only a matter of time, with the rookie.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #200
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm sure someone mentioned this but Franklin was on the Fan and when asked about the two backs basically said they're the same guy from a style standpoint. I'd take WM over KM right now any day... but the drop-off hasn't been marked to this point. Let's remember, WM has had his struggles in a couple games this year as well.

People just need to get over it. He was drafted where he was drafted... and drafted by who drafted him. McDaniels may have been a poor coach/GM but he left us with a few valuable contributors to this team right now, like it or not. I mean... let it go. We're in the middle of an historic season.

Personally, I think it's awesome that we're getting SOME return out of what looked like a busted pick at one point.
Moreno 20 TD's and 3000 Yscm in 41 games.

McGahee 9 TD's and 2500 Yscm in 25 games.