The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #26
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Fox said that Kupe had some deep tissue done this week that left the scar tissue in his ankle sore. If it had been a Sunday game he would have been good to go.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #27
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

We won while Kuper got to rest it and get ready for Baltimore. Ram is not very good, but that's why he's a backup.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Fox said that Kupe had some deep tissue done this week that left the scar tissue in his ankle sore. If it had been a Sunday game he would have been good to go.
That's good to hear. Hopefully after ten days off he'll be ready to ball. Same goes for Woodyard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

It seemed to me that in the 2nd quarter the raiders started all out blitzing and they were sending more guys than we could block from angles Manning could have adjusted to.

I wonder if their pass rush success wasn't more desperation and sending in things that weren't on tape, plus the fact that we had a short week and had to travel giving us less prep time.

Either way they did adjust to it and we were able to run on them in the 4th quarter which was promising.

Throw in the crappy field and I think it was just more about a short week vs a desperate team than the OL sucking.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #30
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm not going to go into the stats. They speak for themselves. When Kuper is off the field, we Manning takes more sacks and more hits. When he's on the field our rushing average is better and Manning is better protected. I haven't heard what happened with his ankle, but I assume it is post game swelling that hadn't gone down enough and they wanted to rest him for Baltimore. Hopefully it wasn't re-injured.

Regardless, without Kuper sodomy is worse. With him, sodomy is better. We need our best offensive lineman on the field.

Fixed it for you.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #31
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I liked the adjustment of lining up Dreessen in the backfield, and motioning him out if the Raiders showed no blitz.

Good adjustment.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I liked the adjustment of lining up Dreessen in the backfield, and motioning him out if the Raiders showed no blitz.

Good adjustment.
They also called a weak side sweep and then faked off it later for a nice gainer.

mCd thought adjustments were overrated. Fox comes in and wins game because he adjusts at the half. It is so nice having a HC who knows football!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #33
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm hoping that Kuper, Woodyard and Stokely are all 100% for the Ravens game.

Anyone hear anything about Wolfe's injury?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #34
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I'm hoping that Kuper, Woodyard and Stokely are all 100% for the Ravens game.

Anyone hear anything about Wolfe's injury?
the one good thing about playing on thursday night is that the team has more time to prep and heal for the next game. This Baltimore game will be arguably the most important game since beating Sandy Eggo.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #35
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
That's good to hear. Hopefully after ten days off he'll be ready to ball. Same goes for Woodyard.
That would be 14 days off. They didn't play last night.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #36
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm not going to go into the stats. They speak for themselves. When Kuper is off the field, we Manning takes more sacks and more hits. When he's on the field our rushing average is better and Manning is better protected. I haven't heard what happened with his ankle, but I assume it is post game swelling that hadn't gone down enough and they wanted to rest him for Baltimore. Hopefully it wasn't re-injured.

Regardless, without Kuper our team is worse. With him, our team is better. We need our best offensive lineman on the field.

You are right about the post game swelling.. I was in Denver for the game and he came off of the field as bad as I have seen him. He will be fine but made a good call by utilizing the ten days to get ready for the Ravens. It should be a good time in New Orleans in February
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #37
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabronco View Post
I think it was Fox that said, Kuper had some scar tissue broken up in his ankle and was still sore from it, and they just wanted to give him a little extra time to get better. Ramirez apparently does stuggle with back issues, if its that bad I wonder how Chris Clark would be at guard, could he be any worse? Anyways sounds like we'll see Kuper back in there next game.
The scar tissue breaking up actually created more flexibility.... there was a bit of swelling in the high ankle where he was most recently injured. He has an opportunity to rest a bit more which will be helpful.
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #38
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I want to post this totally non-gay video in honor to Kuper

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-07-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #39
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
He is a can of suck. I had high hopes for him at one time. He has 4.4 speed, seems to run decent routes (at least in preseason), but he always seems to have one thoroughly irritating screw up, despite only getting very limited playing time.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Denver draft a number 2 receiver, move Decker to the slot and be done with Willis. What does it say about Caldwell that he can't get on the field over a Willis?
I think I'd prefer Decker stay our #2. The guy is going to finish with right around a thousand yards. I'd rather we go for a traditional fast/small slot guy than try to force a big possession receiver into that position.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #40
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

Mancrushes are not gay.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #41
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
The scar tissue breaking up actually created more flexibility.... there was a bit of swelling in the high ankle where he was most recently injured. He has an opportunity to rest a bit more which will be helpful.
Best of luck. Maybe Manning can survive one more game without your son, that would probably be ideal.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #42
Bacchus

Quote:

Regardless, without Kuper our team is worse. With him, our team is better. We need our best offensive lineman on the field.

We might need to look for his replacement this off season if he can't get healthy. It has been a horrible year for him.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #43
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
We might need to look for his replacement this off season if he can't get healthy. It has been a horrible year for him.
He'll be fine. He basically had his ankle reconstructed and is going through that process. Scar tissue tearing away is common. By next year he's going to be ok.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #44
Bacchus

Quote:
Hopefully, Denver really needs him this week.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #45
Bacchus

Quote:
He'll be fine. He basically had his ankle reconstructed and is going through that process. Scar tissue tearing away is common. By next year he's going to be ok.
Hopefully he can play next week and Denver can rest him for two weeks before the playoffs. Really the offense is so much better without Ramirez in it!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:

It's not gay, it's necessary!

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #47
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
He should rub some dirt on it. Always helps.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #48
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
You guessing?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #49
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think I'd prefer Decker stay our #2. The guy is going to finish with right around a thousand yards. I'd rather we go for a traditional fast/small slot guy than try to force a big possession receiver into that position.
I'd like to see them go after another outside WR to be honest.

Decker would still be the starter alongside Thomas, but when we go with three wides Decker could move inside and work the slot. I like him a lot more working the middle of the field.

Another deep threat apart from Thomas would be extremely useful, and I'd like to see another WR on the roster that I think could start. Neither Caldwell nor Willis look good enough, and Stokely is a pure slot guy.

I know the WR crop in free agency is pretty good this year, maybe we can get someone for a reasonable price? I don't expect any of the big names like Jennings, Bowe, Wallace and Welker to be in play for us, but someone from the second tier would be a nice addition.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #50
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You guessing?
He gets a good view of the ankle while he's lurking in the bushes outside Kuper's house, I'd guess.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote