The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #151
lolcopter

lol that's not average, that's a very solid day. The last two weeks average maybe, but last night would have been a great night even without the TD

And NO TURNOVERS

Last edited by lolcopter; 12-07-2012 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: have to account for receiving obv
Old 12-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #152
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
You just can't argue with that. That's not spectacular but he's doing what the run game, absent an elite back in denver, has to do--create enough doubt in the defense that the play action is believable and effective. Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays. Defenses can cheat to pass defense because KM isn't enough of a threat to commit everyone up.

He ain't ever gonna be considered a guy who can break a long one but he's the best we've got and, assuming he stays healthy, can contribute.
Not spectacular? That averages over 16 games to a 1400 yard rushing season.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #153
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
Not spectacular? That averages over 16 games to a 1400 yard rushing season.
Wow. It also averages out to 16,800 yards over 10 seasons--we have the NFL's 2nd leading all time rusher on board! Raise your standards. When has KM ever played 16 games, let alone run for 91 per game in them?

Dude is serviceable, we've agreed on that. But let's not turn him into a 1400 yard back, that's crazy talk.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #154
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Wow. It also averages out to 16,800 yards over 10 seasons--we have the NFL's 2nd leading all time rusher on board! Raise your standards. When has KM ever played 16 games, let alone run for 91 per game in them?

Dude is serviceable, we've agreed on that. But let's not turn him into a 1400 yard back, that's crazy talk.
This. Why does it have to be a 180. At first 85 percent of the board referred to him as Slowshon or Noreno or a similar negative description. Everybody but Beantown Bronco and Drek wrote him off. Now a bunch of people are talking about him like he's going to be an important part of the Bronco franchise moving forward. He's serviceable. He's a less explosive Reuben Droughns. He is our best bet moving forward this season. Why can't there be a middle ground? With Moreno, I think it's a live in the moment type thing. He's strung together 3 decent games. He's held onto the ball, he shown us that he can grind out some tough yards between the tackles against bad teams. He's blocking and pass receiving have been stellar. The last offensive series last night was probably his most impressive series as a Bronco. I think the stretch where he was deactivated helped him get fully healthy.

That being said, we're not going to be able to pound Moreno for 20-25 carries against good defensive teams and I have serious doubts that he'll be able to hold up physically.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #155
swaiy

69 yards after contact against the Raiders. Not bad at all.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #156
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
I think he played a good game tonight. But I dont think "whoever" needs to eat crow as described by OP. This was one of his best games, but I believe, on 32 carries vs the Raiders with our line he should have done MUCH better.
Yeah, Ramirez was awesome tonight. Opening huge holes every play!

Holes into the backfield that is.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #157
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Holes into the backfield
Isn't that the title of Bob's favorite movie?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #158
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

That being said, we're not going to be able to pound Moreno for 20-25 carries against good defensive teams and I have serious doubts that he'll be able to hold up physically.
He had 20 carries and 4 receptions against Tampa's #1 ranked run defense

Odds are he will get 20+ touches against the ravens next week

But for the sake of your argument those probably aren't "good teams" amirite?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #159
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
He's held onto the ball
This is the single most important thing.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #160
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
This. Why does it have to be a 180. At first 85 percent of the board referred to him as Slowshon or Noreno or a similar negative description. Everybody but Beantown Bronco and Drek wrote him off. Now a bunch of people are talking about him like he's going to be an important part of the Bronco franchise moving forward. He's serviceable. He's a less explosive Reuben Droughns. He is our best bet moving forward this season. Why can't there be a middle ground? With Moreno, I think it's a live in the moment type thing. He's strung together 3 decent games. He's held onto the ball, he shown us that he can grind out some tough yards between the tackles against bad teams. He's blocking and pass receiving have been stellar. The last offensive series last night was probably his most impressive series as a Bronco. I think the stretch where he was deactivated helped him get fully healthy.

Moreno has touched the ball 24- 36 times over the last 3 weeks (4 days ago against the #1 Run defense in the league), for a total of 84 touches. He is finally getting the workload I've been hoping he would get. Those of us that have hoped he would get more opportunities have every right to be excited about the prospect.

Expect to continue to hear about it as long as people still react to every good game with statements like. "Well he's still slow," or "lets see him do it again."

We've had someone state that he needs to do it against someone other than KC....So he runs tough against the number 1 rush defense, so they change it to, lets see if he can do it again....so he does against a defense that is better against the run than the stats show...and this time we hear how he won't be able to keep it up. 3 straight weeks of starting, three strong contributions...3 Mondays of pushing those goalposts back.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #161
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
He had 20 carries and 4 receptions against Tampa's #1 ranked run defense

Odds are he will get 20+ touches against the ravens next week

But for the sake of your argument those probably aren't "good teams" amirite?
one decent team and the two worst teams in the league. I'm not really getting where you're going with this. So you're saying that feeding Knowshon Moreno the ball 20 or 25 times is a recipe for success against teams like the Ravens? Again, I'm not disputing that he's playing hard and playing well. I'm just disputing the idea that we're going to be able to continue to give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it means that Hillman has to be able to step up as the change of pace back.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #162
lolcopter

Quote:
one decent team and the two worst teams in the league. I'm not really getting where you're going with this. So you're saying that feeding Knowshon Moreno the ball 20 or 25 times is a recipe for success against teams like the Ravens? Again, I'm not disputing that he's playing hard and playing well. I'm just disputing the idea that we're going to be able to continue to give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it means that Hillman has to be able to step up as the change of pace back.
You're wrong. Period. Moreno will continue to see 20 touch games throughout the duration of the season into the playoffs. Hillman definitely needs to step up and contribute, but Moreno has been this team's work horse back before, and he is currently it again right now. He's running with more decisiveness and burst than he's shown at any point prior in his career, so let's lay off the haterade and enjoy the quality football we have the privilege of watching right now.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #163
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Well the Ravens have given up a whole 50 fewer rush yards than KC this season, so lets just see where their rush D ranking as are after they Play the Redskins and their 200 yards a game. That way you can use the Ravens not being as good as we thought as your excuse for not giving Moreno credit. Since the single best Rush defense in the league only registers as "decent" for you.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #164
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
You're wrong. Period. Moreno will continue to see 20 touch games throughout the duration of the season into the playoffs. Hillman definitely needs to step up and contribute, but Moreno has been this team's work horse back before, and he is currently it again right now. He's running with more decisiveness and burst than he's shown at any point prior in his career, so let's lay off the haterade and enjoy the quality football we have the privilege of watching right now.
You do realize there is a difference between 20 touches a game (4-5 screen passes/safety valve passes, and 15-17 carries per game) and grinding a guy off tackle into the heart of a defense for 25-30 carries (like they did last night.) I'm not hating on the kid. Again, if you looked at my posts I think he's played as well as he has for his entire career. He's going to be the featured back for the rest of the season. I have my doubts that he can be a workhorse back at the pace they have used him the past couple of weeks.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #165
lolcopter

Quote:
You do realize there is a difference between 20 touches a game (4-5 screen passes/safety valve passes, and 15-17 carries per game) and grinding a guy off tackle into the heart of a defense for 25-30 carries (like they did last night.) I'm not hating on the kid. Again, if you looked at my posts I think he's played as well as he has for his entire career. He's going to be the featured back for the rest of the season. I have my doubts that he can be a workhorse back at the pace they have used him the past couple of weeks.
You do realize he has had at least 20 CARRIES the past three weeks, right?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #166
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:
You do realize he has had at least 20 CARRIES the past three weeks, right?
Ughh. Yes, that's the ENTIRE point. I question whether or not we can continue to run him at this pace without there being repercussions. I mean the kid came into his the starting role completely fresh from being deactivated, so it's been fine for a few weeks. But we've got 3 more regular season games and the playoffs to go.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #167
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:

He was in a shiity run offense (McD)

Had a serious injury that takes at least a year to recover from for most players

The light goes on at different times for different reasons

I'm expecting continued improvement from KM.

Since I hav been right about him all along you all better listen to me.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #168
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
You just can't argue with that. That's not spectacular but he's doing what the run game, absent an elite back in denver, has to do--create enough doubt in the defense that the play action is believable and effective. Overall, a good game by KM but the thing that still bothers me is that he's a liability in short yardage run plays. Defenses can cheat to pass defense because KM isn't enough of a threat to commit everyone up.

He ain't ever gonna be considered a guy who can break a long one but he's the best we've got and, assuming he stays healthy, can contribute.
I dunno man..that's like 1500 rushing yards and 500 recieving yards if extrapolated over a season. I'd call that damn close to spectacular..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #169
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Maybe he will stick around next year afterall

Thing I like the most is he isnt fumbling like Willis was

Pretty good game
Stepping up when called on
Not sure why he hasnt played before Willis got hurt though
Kind of wierd to just all of a sudden have him go from 4th string to bell cow
For the umpteenth time - HE WAS COMING OFF OF AN ACL suffered last December. He was wearing a KNEEBRACE in preseason for god's sake.

And it wasn't like Willis was stinking it up. Moreno wasn't ready, they didn't need him real badly, and they sure wanted to see what the guy they traded up for (Hillman) could do.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #170
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Actually it's one amazing team, one average team, and one below average team..

Yes, feeding Moreno 20+ times a games is a recipe for success, we have never lost when he carries it more than 20 times. There is no reason he won't continue to get a lot of touches, unless we're down early and have to start throwing the ball deep while playing catch up.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #171
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Your doubts, so far, seem to be unfounded. No signs of injury or him even being hurt.

At thus point he is proving to be a better option in this offense than McGahee. He is producing more, running the clock out better in the 4th(thus dropping his YPC unfortunately) and fumbling once every 80 carries compared to McGahee's once every 33 carries.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #172
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Actually, 20 carries, 25 touches a game is a heavy workload, so yeah.

AP has 20 carries/gm this yr
Lynch 21/gm
Gore 17/gm
Foster 24/gm (and a 3.9 YPA)
Morris 19/gm

And those are some of the top attempts guys this year.

32 carries in a game is waaaaayyy up there. That's over 500 carries in 16 games.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #173
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
For the umpteenth time - HE WAS COMING OFF OF AN ACL suffered last December. He was wearing a KNEEBRACE in preseason for god's sake.

And it wasn't like Willis was stinking it up. Moreno wasn't ready, they didn't need him real badly, and they sure wanted to see what the guy they traded up for (Hillman) could do.
Many of us have pointed that out several times but for some reason that doesn't seem to count when it comes to Moreno. Go figure.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #174
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

32 carries is nothing.

TD had 47 touches against the Bills in 1997 after barely getting out of Denver because of a snowstorm.

Moreno has put in two solid efforts in a row.

Let's hope he keeps it up.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #175
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
32 carries is nothing.

TD had 47 touches against the Bills in 1997 after barely getting out of Denver because of a snowstorm.

Moreno has put in two solid efforts in a row.

Let's hope he keeps it up.
TD also had a relatively short career.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote