The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #326
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

He had 69 yards after contact Good for 2nd most of any Bronco RB over the last 4 years. Via NFL Network. Not too bad.

Edit: Charlie Casserle was just talking about what Moreno brings to the table. Said he's not explosive, steady back, will make the right cut and get the yards that are there. Something pretty close to that, anyway. Almost spot on, but he ended his statement with "A guy I still really like is Lance Ball, he may be the best back they have" Good for a chuckle.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #327
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

This wasn't just a 32 carry carry game....Moreno also had 4 catches for 48 yards. Moreno had 36 touches for 168 yards.....or 39% of the total offensive output for the game.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #328
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Meh, would have considered his performance better had he been drafted by Elway rather than McD. He needs to work on that.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #329
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Best preformance to date by Moreno. He still is beyond slow, and trips over himself, but he ran hard, didnt fumble and played the best game of his life. Good for him.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #330
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

He's the new Tebow. There are some that will never be able to praise him, even for one day after a great game, without getting in a series of digs.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #331
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I don't know what else people would ask of him after yesterday. Was happy to see him play well.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #332
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
He's the new Tebow. There are some that will never be able to praise him, even for one day after a great game, without getting in a series of digs.

Maybe we should dig up the season wins prediction threads, I'll bet the same yahoos complaining about Moreno and anything less than perfection were the same guys predicting 7 to 9 wins.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #333
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Hardly. Knowshon was performing on this team before Tim Tebow was ever even on it and people still dogged him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #334
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Dude its like his brain tells his feet to go one way, and his feet go the other.
Its really weird. He just cant seem to run for more than 5 feet without tripping over himself. I think its because he doesnt run with his knees, he runs with his feet low to the ground. They dont come very far off the ground when he takes a step. Also, i noticed that his shoes didnt come off, and there was a few close ups of him on the ground and i want to say his shoes were really taped up. Like they addressed the issue cause they knew he was gonna run alot. He needs to do this every game.
He did hold onto the ball, and you could see that he made every bit of effort upon contact to put 2 hands on the ball. I was very happy to see that he has allowed some coaching in this area of his game. Very glad he didnt put the ball on the ground. The fade were really going for the strip in the scrum at times, and he kept his head down, fell forward, and protected the football.
Finally.
He finally came out and played a complete game, didnt fumble, pushed the pile, ran hard, fell forward every time he was tackled, blocked well (Ramirez didnt help him there!) and did his job. Finally.
Now he needs to do this every game, and i will never complain about him again.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #335
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
And I think that's fair, just use the same measuring stick for the other backs because Willis was no saint when it came to fumbling this season.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #336
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
And I think that's fair, just use the same measuring stick for the other backs because Willis was no saint when it came to fumbling this season.
And i complained about Willis' fumbling.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #337
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Dude its like his brain tells his feet to go one way, and his feet go the other.
Its really weird. He just cant seem to run for more than 5 feet without tripping over himself. I think its because he doesnt run with his knees, he runs with his feet low to the ground. They dont come very far off the ground when he takes a step. Also, i noticed that his shoes didnt come off, and there was a few close ups of him on the ground and i want to say his shoes were really taped up. Like they addressed the issue cause they knew he was gonna run alot. He needs to do this every game.
He did hold onto the ball, and you could see that he made every bit of effort upon contact to put 2 hands on the ball. I was very happy to see that he has allowed some coaching in this area of his game. Very glad he didnt put the ball on the ground. The fade were really going for the strip in the scrum at times, and he kept his head down, fell forward, and protected the football.
Finally.
He finally came out and played a complete game, didnt fumble, pushed the pile, ran hard, fell forward every time he was tackled, blocked well (Ramirez didnt help him there!) and did his job. Finally.
OK that's fair enough but remember every player has a bad game once and a while even Peyton Manning.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:56 AM   #338
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
OK that's fair enough but remember every player has a bad game once and a while even Peyton Manning.
Slowshon starts playing like Peyton week in and week out, and he can have a pass here and there.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #339
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #340
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hardly. Knowshon was performing on this team before Tim Tebow was ever even on it and people still dogged him.
Were people really dogging KM in 2009?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #341
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Meh, would have considered his performance better had he been drafted by Elway rather than McD. He needs to work on that.
End thread.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #342
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
He still is beyond slow...
I don't think he's "slow". It sometimes takes him too long to make a decision, find and/or pick a crease, and get moving forward. But he's not slow. Did you see his 26 yard catch and run early in the 1st quarter? If that was "slow" then you must have had your dvr in slow motion!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #343
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Agree, although people have finally let up on DT and he suffers from the same disease. Many people were calling for his head earlier this season. But I guess being a top 5 WR helps him immensely in this department.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #344
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't think he's "slow". It sometimes takes him too long to make a decision, find and/or pick a crease, and get moving forward. But he's not slow. Did you see his 26 yard catch and run early in the 1st quarter? If that was "slow" then you must have had your dvr in slow motion!
Slowshon is slow. That is all.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #345
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Indecisiveness has always been Moreno's biggest issue. He wasn't ready for NFL speed and was used to his lateral agility and acceleration being enough to fake out collegiate competition. He's built the body (gained 18 pounds) to transition those tools to the NFL over the last couple seasons, now he's starting to learn how to actually run in this new style.

I've been saying for a while that the two backs I most compare Moreno to, even back at the draft, were Tiki Barber and Thomas Jones. Barber didn't put it together until year 4 and didn't really fix his fumble issues until year 8. Thomas Jones didn't put it together until year 5, stepping it up again in year 6. Both guys added weight on their way to those seasons, and both had to learn a lot about what they could actually get away with athletically in the NFL versus college.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #346
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
That's "basically" a pretty poor translation of what was said.
That's what happens when your basically 5 beers in and trying to watch post-game interviews.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #347
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Best preformance to date by Moreno. He still is beyond slow, and trips over himself, but he ran hard, didnt fumble and played the best game of his life. Good for him.
Aha! Now I remember who it was that said Moreno had "fake stats". It was you! "Fake stats", that was a good laugh.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #348
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Knowshon does not have great skills. I wouldn't even say he is a good player. He's serviceable though... and we need him. I think if he can get comfortable putting his shoulder down and gaining 4 yds a carry instead of dancing, jumping, etc, while catching 4-5 passes a game keeping the defense honest in the flats, he can stretch out his career with Manning a few more years.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #349
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Funny how he has sort of filled the Tebow hater/hugger void.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #350
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
You can remember into the future. That's pretty cool.
Damnit ban on family references kills back to the future rebuttal
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote