The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #301
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Yeah, I'm sure Hillman's catching a lot of crap about that non-move. And hopefully he learns from it.
I don't know if it's a learning thing though. I watched a ton of his college games and he seemed like an explosive, instinctive, play-maker in college. He really hasn't flashed that nearly as much as I hoped. Big difference between the NFL and the MWC. He's young though, so we'll see.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #302
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I don't know if it's a learning thing though. I watched a ton of his college games and he seemed like an explosive, instinctive, play-maker in college. He really hasn't flashed that nearly as much as I hoped. Big difference between the NFL and the MWC. He's young though, so we'll see.
What's strange is I don't even see him trying to make moves on people. He just tries to run by people, and if he can't he simply runs into them instead. It's weird.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #303
sinuous sausage

Quote:
He won't get a much better opportunity than that run. He had open space on either side of him and a full stride. Half a dozen backs probably score on that play. Instead he didn't even put a move on the DB.
He's a rookie, man. Probably ecstatic and a little bewildered to be ten yards upfield with a football.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #304
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
He's a rookie, man. Probably ecstatic and a little bewildered to be ten yards upfield with a football.
Like the first time I got laid.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #305
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Short of losing the ball, basically anything can happen at that point and you'll pat yourself on the back afterwards
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #306
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
Dude definitely pulled a Decker.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #307
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
I think he just needs more experience, then his natural instincts and talent will take over. He looks like his trying to do everything "right", instead of just going for it. I think he is going to be dynamic, but that might not come until next sesaon.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #308
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You can remember into the future. That's pretty cool.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #309
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Hillman is turning it up field, and showing explosion, getting better every game. Don't be fooled about his lack of carries. This dude is the real deal. Looking for big things out of him once he gets an NFL body.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #310
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He might be a handsome bastid, but that guy doesn't know how to be properly tackled. It looks like he's trying to cop-slide across a car hood.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #311
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Hillman is turning it up field, and showing explosion, getting better every game. Don't be fooled about his lack of carries. This dude is the real deal. Looking for big things out of him once he gets an NFL body.
So when is he actually going to make someone miss in the open field?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #312
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So when is he actually going to make someone miss in the open field?
You expected him to cut and juke on a slop field? I think Part of why Knowshon did so well is the field required him make a cut and go instead of dancing as much.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #313
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
On both Morenos TD run and the one first down Clark pushed him to the promised land, like get upfield knowshon oh **** it i'll do it for you good stuff
That was Clark banging him in the back? Yeah, that was a pretty good push, what you want to see from your OL guys.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #314
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Anyone see the post game interview with Manning? He was asked why he was pushing Moreno around and he gave the diplomatic answer saying that Moreno has been running the practice squad and [basically] isn't up to speed on the offense.

He better do his homework this week.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #315
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Except for that one time at band camp (tonight) where a huge hole opened up he had accelerated to full-stride and instead of making a play on Oakland's 9th string safety ran right into him. This was one of his poorer games as a Bronco. He also dropped a dump off that could have gone for 15, 20, 25 yards. I was damn near a Hillman homer going back to before we drafted him. Now, I'm not so sure. He definitely needs for things to slow down and some time to mature. Hopefully, you're right.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #316
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Anyone see the post game interview with Manning? He was asked why he was pushing Moreno around and he gave the diplomatic answer saying that Moreno has been running the practice squad and [basically] isn't up to speed on the offense.

Because he was on scout team and had to learn other teams plays. He specifically mentioned due to scout team.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #317
sinuous sausage

Quote:

The network brahs did key in on PFM's effusive praise for Knowshon's pass protection skills and how that's the quickest way to the big-man-with-a-fused-neck's heart.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #318
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
There were a lot of slips tonite by a lot of different players.

Von mentioned in your post game show that he did a few times and then switched to a long cleat.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #319
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
You expected him to cut and juke on a slop field? I think Part of why Knowshon did so well is the field required him make a cut and go instead of dancing as much.
You think I'm referring to this game alone? I haven't seen him juke someone in the open field all season.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #320
Nwp-Apap

Quote:

Well, he pushed Moreno once. That is just media being media. Trying to stir up controversy and make money. Peyton wisely adverted that
Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #321
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:

He also mentioned that the offense is changing weekly.

Just have to ask if he is on the scout team showing plays from the opposing team just how is he suppose to get reps and know the ever changing O?
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #322
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
You think I'm referring to this game alone? I haven't seen him juke someone in the open field all season.
I thought you referring to that one run, where he had the safety to beat.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #323
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Except for that one time at band camp (tonight) where a huge hole opened up he had accelerated to full-stride and instead of making a play on Oakland's 9th string safety ran right into him. This was one of his poorer games as a Bronco. He also dropped a dump off that could have gone for 15, 20, 25 yards. I was damn near a Hillman homer going back to before we drafted him. Now, I'm not so sure. He definitely needs for things to slow down and some time to mature. Hopefully, you're right.
Reps, bro. Just needs reps. Lots of guys take a year or two. He show's flashes for sure.

He is also a 21 year old dude that just moved to a different part of the country and began his life in a cut throat profession. Sometimes guys need a season to become fully professional both on and off the field.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #324
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:

That's "basically" a pretty poor translation of what was said.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #325
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Moreno will just never do it for me I guess. I acknowledge he had a pretty good game and looks to be running hard most of the time. Getting 30+ some odd carries is great. But he just seems deficient to me. Will never trust him to get crucial short yardage gains; will never think he can bust any run for a huge gain; not really confident he can beat a defender one v one when it matters.

My entire opinion of him is just "meh".
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote