The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #276
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If KM is going to continue to be comparable to Willis he needs to have a 120 yard game next week. McGahee had 2 bad games in a row vs Carolina and Cincy but he was having a great day vs SD (7 carries for 55 yards) when he got hurt, I posted in the game day thread that Willis was poised for a 150+ game if he kept it up all day.

Waiting for KM to have a big day
If that's the criteria we're using, then what about Moreno yesterday? He had 8 rushes for 45 yds at the half.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #277
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The majority of people who keep hating on Knowshon are the ones living in the past, incessantly griping about him being a 12th overall selection by Josh McDaniels. "But, but we could have Orakpo, etc." Who the **** cares who we could have had? It is water under the bridge. GET OVER IT. Knowshon is never going to live up to the bill of being an elite running back, so people should just let that go.

Just hope he can continue to contribute in a solid manner for this team gonig forward. They seem to be utilizing him more in the passing game, which is refreshing. Split him out wide. He can catch the ball. Interior blocking in the run game still isn't up to par, nor was it when he was in his rookie and sophomore campaigns with us. Last year he blew out his knee and took a while to recover and become more explosive.

Instead of crapping on the guy, we should be hoping he can continue to progress and do a more effective job. But no, the OM would rather complain about how he does his shoes or if he trips and falls down. Notice how the posters bagging on Knowshon never have an opinion on the OL play. Haters gonna hate. All some people wanna do is bring a guy down.

NEver look Down on Someone Unless You're picknig them up or adjusting the drivers Seat. -- unwritten book of the rOad
True. I never understood the the deep hate for the guy. Glad he's playing well and showing glimpses of greater potential.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #278
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If that's the criteria we're using, then what about Moreno yesterday? He had 8 rushes for 45 yds at the half.
because silly that only counts for players that are not drafted by Josh mcDaniels @ 12
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #279
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hey, he didn't put the rock on the ground.

Guys got some game, but he needs to stay healthy. time will tell
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #280
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Moreno had 9 of his 20 carries go for negative yards to no gain. I'm impressed he managed 69 yds on 11 carries basically.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #281
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Moreno had 9 of his 20 carries go for negative yards to no gain. I'm impressed he managed 69 yds on 11 carries basically.
Let's be honest much of those no gainers was on the O line. Not to mention TB has the #1 run defense in the entire NFL.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #282
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Let's be honest much of those no gainers was on the O line. Not to mention TB has the #1 run defense in the entire NFL.
That is true but Moreno is the only back that gets to use that excuse.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #283
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,534

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If that's the criteria we're using, then what about Moreno yesterday? He had 8 rushes for 45 yds at the half.
Difference is that Willis DNF due to injury and KM finished the game with only 69 yards well under the 90 he was on pace for. Before I get jumped on by you and Ozmulsion and Pops I agree those 3 run plays in the second to last series hurt his numbers because the D was playing run only.

My point was that Willis has had a bad game or 2 throughout the year but he usually has a big game (talking career single game rush totals for KM) to make up for it.

The argument was that KM is the drop off from McGhee hasn't been much, for that to remain true KM needs to have a 120+ yard day this week.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #284
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

When I watch Moreno run he just seems to stop or almost stop everytime the first defender gets near him. I think it's a big part of him stumbling all the time, because he's trying to start/stop too much. It's so frustrating how long it takes him to accelerate. A lot of those negative / no gain runs, if he'd quit stopping at the point of attack, he could get a few yards and if the guy misses the tackle, he's at a higher speed to break away for a longer run.

When he runs hard, stops dancing, and finishes runs, you can see the talent that got him drafted in the first round. He just doesn't flash it much at all.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #285
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That is true but Moreno is the only back that gets to use that excuse.
Actually every back in the league is permitted that excuse...Moreno is the only back I've seen that is faulted for the times his Oline fails him.

Against Tampa Bay:

Deangelo Williams rushed for -1 yards
Demarco Murray had 38
J. Charles had 40 (half came on a 22 yard carry)
Jonathan Stewart had 43
Michael Turner had like 17

All of these guys are permitted to say the Tampa Run defense was quite good and their offensive line didn't do enough for them to perform better.

Hell, The only backs that rushed for more yards than Moreno this season against Tampa Bay are Adrian Peterson and Alfred Morris.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #286
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,381

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Difference is that Willis DNF due to injury and KM finished the game with only 69 yards well under the 90 he was on pace for. Before I get jumped on by you and Ozmulsion and Pops I agree those 3 run plays in the second to last series hurt his numbers because the D was playing run only.

My point was that Willis has had a bad game or 2 throughout the year but he usually has a big game (talking career single game rush totals for KM) to make up for it.

The argument was that KM is the drop off from McGhee hasn't been much, for that to remain true KM needs to have a 120+ yard day this week.
Actually THIS year McGahee averages 73 rushing yards a game and 20 receiving. In Moreno's 2 starts, he has averaged 77 rushing yards and 20 receiving per game. So actually there has been no drop off. And better yet, 2 games in a row without a fumble from the RB position. Willis has 3 100 yard games this year. In his other 7 games, he hasn't had more than 66 yards.

All KM has to keep doing is running hard to keep selling the pass and not fumble. If his average holds up, he will actually outproduce McGahee in this offense.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #287
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,147
Default

Tampa's safeties played deep for most of the game to try and limit the passing game and big plays.

Moreno did ok, he's slowly getting better but he's not a long term solution at this stage if he can't exploit the deep safety looks our run game is seeing. Especially when Manning audibles to a run a lot of the time when the DBs play deep.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #288
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,974
Default

Did he really step his game up?
He always play well against KC for whatever reason
But against Tampa I saw the same old guy who looks like he is running in mud compared to everyone else
Cant stay up on his feet, cant keep his cleats on

I guess it is a good thing he added more weight(at least to me he looks bigger)

Cant juke anyone out if he is not in open space so might as well back no some mass for those tough yards

I think he does look a little better, but still is an average player
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #289
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Tampa's safeties played deep for most of the game to try and limit the passing game and big plays.

Moreno did ok, he's slowly getting better but he's not a long term solution at this stage if he can't exploit the deep safety looks our run game is seeing. Especially when Manning audibles to a run a lot of the time when the DBs play deep.
Tampa's been doing that and still stopping the run. Like I said before, Moreno performed better against the Tampa Run D than every RB minus Shanny's and AP
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #290
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.
Default

bump
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #291
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,742

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

I've never been more of a fan of Moreno, than tonight. He showed the Raiders that the Broncos can still run the ball...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #292
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns
 
srphoenix's Avatar
 
The next TD

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,009

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Moreno's best game yet. Loved seeing him and the oline push the pile on carries 29, 30, 31. Ran hard and mistake free. Go Broncos!!!
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #293
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,306
Default

On both Morenos TD run and the one first down Clark pushed him to the promised land, like get upfield knowshon oh **** it i'll do it for you good stuff
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #294
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Moreno has earned the right to start the rest of the season. He ran hard between the tackles. He showed some wiggle in space and he made some big catches. This was probably his best game as a pro. But we really can't feed him the ball 25 or 30 times against good teams and expect success.

Honestly, I'm sort of disappointed with Hillman's performance and the fact that he can't get on the field more. He had a massive hole on that 10 yard run, and really only needed to make one guy miss in space and he's off to the races. He basically ran right into the guy. He also had a bad drop. I mean they would rather run KM into the ground than give Hillman 10-12 carries. Speaks volumes about where Peyton, Fox, and McCoy think he is in terms of readiness.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #295
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Moreno has earned the right to start the rest of the season. He ran hard between the tackles. He showed some wiggle in space and he made some big catches. This was probably his best game as a pro. But we really can't feed him the ball 25 or 30 times against good teams and expect success.

Honestly, I'm sort of disappointed with Hillman's performance and the fact that he can't get on the field more. He had a massive hole on that 10 yard run, and really only needed to make one guy miss in space and he's off to the races. He basically ran right into the guy. He also had a bad drop. I mean they would rather run KM into the ground than give Hillman 10-12 carries. Speaks volumes about where Peyton, Fox, and McCoy think he is in terms of readiness.
I'm still waiting for Hillman to make someone miss in the open field. It's starting to get worrisome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #296
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
bump

Yes it is, but let's stop talking about your avy....
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #297
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,546

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Yes it is, but let's stop talking about your avy....
I could talk about or my Avy all day
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #298
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm still waiting for Hillman to make someone miss in the open field. It's starting to get worrisome.
He won't get a much better opportunity than that run. He had open space on either side of him and a full stride. Half a dozen backs probably score on that play. Instead he didn't even put a move on the DB.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #299
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Moreno wasn't barking as much after a good play as he usually does, which is fine with me. Maybe Studesville or somebody told him STFU and get back to the huddle, 'cause we're not gonna give you too many breathers.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #300
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
He won't get a much better opportunity than that run. He had open space on either side of him and a full stride. Half a dozen backs probably score on that play. Instead he didn't even put a move on the DB.
Yeah, I'm sure Hillman's catching a lot of crap about that non-move. And hopefully he learns from it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Denver Broncos