The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #51
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It wasnt like he was going to drop to the 6th round. Everyone had him as a first round back. Hardly the first, 1st round pick not to be a superstar. But at least he's still relevant to the Broncos
I just want an ELITE back damnit!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #52
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
3.7 yards a carry. I didnt think that was too hard to understand. Against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Not impressed at ALL. I am impressed by him not getting hurt or losing his shoe though!
Most of his runs were obvious running plays. He was at his best in the 4th on obvious running downs when the defense had atleast 8+ in the box. Add to the fact that our offensive line is not a good run blocking line. Alot of times they get blown off at the snap.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #53
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
choke on a penis. Is there a problem with the teams I follow? Ive followed those teams for 16 years, including when OKC was Super Sonics.
They all suck.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #54
Bacchus

Quote:
Here's the point:

People on this board have constantly questioned his toughness, drive, all that. And today he played TOUGH. Can the Moreno haters at LEAST give him today and not move the goal posts for once?
He did show some toughness and didn't dance or get injured. Props to him for a solid workman type effort.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #55
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

He showed good vision, and made the right cuts. Anyone that watched him closely running the football would realize this.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #56
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Here's the point:

People on this board have constantly questioned his toughness, drive, all that. And today he played TOUGH. Can the Moreno haters at LEAST give him today and not move the goal posts for once?
I dont hate Moreno at all, dont hate him for anything. Just dont think he is a starting running back in the NFL. He had a good game.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #57
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Knowshon moved the chains this eve.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #58
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
They all suck.
Cool. Sorry I dont jump on bandwagons like yourself, I stick with the same teams through thick and thin.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #59
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
He showed good vision, and made the right cuts. Anyone that watched him closely running the football would realize this.
The only thing they watch is the NFL website, waiting for them to calculate the YPC so they can say, "See! He sucks!"
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #60
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

This was a good effort by Moreno. No turnovers, some good hard running. Many of the stuffs were on the line rather than on the RB. He did miss one blitz, but overall, he played pretty dang well. Good catches, some strong runs especially late in the game. He can't help that the Raiders are last against the run, he did his job today. That's all you can ask.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #61
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
A lot of people in this thread don't seem to have any ability to assess running back play. They just want to look at his YPC and say "meh". The truth is that the guy produced a lot of yards after contact tonight. That is the true sign of quality running back play. Anyone can get yards when no one is hitting them.
I agree, he had a lot of yards after contact on many of his touches. He did have a nice game. Seriously, he is overdue for an injury. Has he ever gone 3 straight games with 20+ carries without getting dinged up? That is my biggest issue with him. Durability. Sometimes he lacks aggressiveness in hitting small holes, but his dancing does tend to make first defender miss. It is good he has played as well as he's had, because, Denver is really thin at rb right now.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #62
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
The only thing they watch is the NFL website, waiting for them to calculate the YPC so they can say, "See! He sucks!"
You might be the biggest homer Ive seen post here. NO ONE can say a bad word about ANY OF MY BRONCOS!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #63
Action

People talking about "average" game really either don't know **** about football or they're just completely biased against Moreno.

Since when does an RB get 167 offensive yards have an average game? Where in the NFL do you get 167 offensive yards and get graded an average game? Since when does a running back who has 4 plays in a game of 15 yards + get tagged with an average game?

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch of morons on this forum.

Last edited by Action; 12-06-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #64
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Cool. Sorry I dont jump on bandwagons like yourself, I stick with the same teams through thick and thin.
The sports posters and football themed bed sheets are living proof of that, aren't they boy?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #65
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Lots of guys in this thread do not understand what they are watching.

Moreno had a very good game in spite of;

Trying to run on a shiity field

Having defenders meet him in the back field due to poor line play.

Playing on the scout team and not having the advantage of practicing in this evolving offense. new stuff every week.

Getting tough yards and first downs when everyone in the stadium knew he was going to get the ball.

Unlike McGahee secured the ball all game long.

Km had a wonderful game too bad some here are unable to understand & appreciate it.

Last edited by baja; 12-06-2012 at 10:12 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #66
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

I like him in the passing game. I hope he continues to have games like this. I would love for him to turn his career around.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #67
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Moreno provided the balance you need in a road game. He did his job. He did not fumble. He got tough yards when they were needed. I dont see the point of a 3 year old argument.

So as I said before. Good job on a short week, Knowshon. Rest up. Ravens game is going to be tough.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #68
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
3.7 yards a carry. I didnt think that was too hard to understand. Against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Not impressed at ALL. I am impressed by him not getting hurt or losing his shoe though!
He broke 100 yards despite the run blocking on the right side of the line sucking penis all night.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #69
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

He played very well....especially on that last drive. However a "great" run for Nowshon is 10yds. That's the downside!

But, is he as good as Joseph Adai or Donald Brown....heck yeah!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #70
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
People talking about "average" game really either don't know **** about football or they're just completely biased against Moreno.

Since when does an RB get 167 offensive yards have an average game? Where in the NFL do you get 167 offensive yards and get graded an average game? Since when does a running back who has 4 plays in a game of 15 yards + get tagged with an average game?

Yeah, there are definitely a bunch of morons on this forum.
3.8 yards per carry is below average.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #71
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeZ01 View Post
Bust. He was drafted by mcd. Therefore my vagina says bust.
You're a vagina......
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #72
swaiy

Quote:
You might be the biggest homer Ive seen post here. NO ONE can say a bad word about ANY OF MY BRONCOS!!!
You should work on your reading comprehension. By me calling you Captain Obvious, I was actually agreeing with your detailed analysis of Moreno being average. You can say what you want about the players. Just dont be surprised when someone calls you out.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #73
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
It was a solid game but the Raiders have the worst run defense in the NFL.
If thats your answer our whole team sucked it then because we should have buried this sad Raider team.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #74
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Average game. 119 yards against the worst defense in the NFL is what an average running back would do on an average day against that team.
Divisional road game....doesn't matter what the records are or the what the stats say....those games are always tough to win, period.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #75
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
If thats your answer our whole team sucked it then because we should have buried this sad Raider team.
I am not saying Moreno had a poor game. It was very workman like. Nothing special but he helped the team win. Moreno did kinda play like the whole team tonight. Very workman like, nothing special but got a nice victory.