The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #876
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBeMessin View Post
Has been out... Darren McFadden out... S playing CB (Huff) for Lee out, in comes practice squad S Giodano. The other CB's out/benched in comes practice squad CB... Starting LB's - one suspended another dropped from the team. Just signed a RB last week... Jacoby Ford still out...

Yea... If you don't win this game, it's just going to be SAD!!! We are in shambles!!!
Honestly, the Raiders are just an annoyance at this point. Kind of like one of those bums on Colfax. If I wasn't in a hurry I'd cross the street to avoid them, but instead I just have to get past them as curtly as possible. I don't really care whether Denver wins by 1 point or 41, so long as the Broncos come out 10-3 and healthy.

And no, we don't have spare change, cause you'd just waste it in the castoff liquor store.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #877
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Honestly, the Raiders are just an annoyance at this point. Kind of like one of those bums on Colfax. If I wasn't in a hurry I'd cross the street to avoid them, but instead I just have to get past them as curtly as possible. I don't really care whether Denver wins by 1 point or 41, so long as the Broncos come out 10-3 and healthy.

And no, we don't have spare change, cause you'd just waste it in the castoff liquor store.
Wow! Do they sell Sterno right in the liquor stores in Oakland.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #878
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

trap game at least once a year. hope we sweep!
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #879
Fight_On!

Quote:

Yawn
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #880
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
trap game at least once a year. hope we sweep!
Your hoping. Ok
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #881
DontBeMessin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
This will be a slaughter of biblical porportions.

Just remember to come back and eat your crow tomorrow!!!
DontBeMessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #882
DontBeMessin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

OD... I have never complained about your posts... Usually honest and well put together... And most of them I liked!

Until this one...
DontBeMessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #883
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontBeMessin View Post
Just remember to come back and eat your crow tomorrow!!!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #884
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Raiders WR Denarius Moore fell down after catching a pass, got up, and then proceeded to run the wrong way before being tackled.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #885
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

Old 12-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #886
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Oakland Raiders riding around in the cellar in the NFL why don't ya be 10-3 like a real team. San Diego Chargers, K.C Chiefs y'all all playing Catch up ball to the Denver Broncos. WOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #887
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I would love to see kFc win one more game and hose up their chance at the QB they want. Wouldn't it be something if Oakland stole their QB!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #888
Fight_On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would love to see kFc win one more game and hose up their chance at the QB they want. Wouldn't it be something if Oakland stole their QB!

This not a great year for the #1 pick
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #889
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Raiders WR Denarius Moore fell down after catching a pass, got up, and then proceeded to run the wrong way before being tackled.

Worst part is that the officials spotted the ball at he point before he got up. Should have been a 2 yard gain.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #890
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Palmer gone?

With Raiders coach Dennis Allen that the time has come to see quarterback Terrelle Pryor play, the questions becomes whether Allen and the rest of the organization will soon be coming to the conclusion that quarterback Carson Palmer should not play.

Though Allen stopped short of suggesting that Palmer could be benched this season, in the offseason Palmer could, in theory, be cut.

Palmer, who arrived via trade in 2011, is due to earn a base salary of $13 million in 2013. The Raiders may decide that they can’t justify paying that much money to Palmer.

So unless Palmer takes less from the Raiders, he may get nothing and like it. Or nor like it. Either way, it’s hard to see him getting every penny he’s due to make next year.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #891
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Give Matt a chance if Palmer is gone. I thought Leinart did well in preseason for the Cowboys but wasn't going to move him to #1. Pryor isn't going to be much in the NFL.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #892
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_On! View Post
This not a great year for the #1 pick
I am glad that this is the year kFc and Oakland are competing for it! All that losing and they get a guy who would be a mid rounder or 2nd round pick!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #893
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

The Oakland Raiders reinstated suspended linebacker Rolando McClain on Monday and released Ron Bartell, who was signed to be the Oakland Raiders' top cornerback in March.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...rtell-released

Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #894
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:

Hey now... your guys should have let him keep running. Why tackle a guy heading to the wrong end zone?
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #895
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders reinstated suspended linebacker Rolando McClain on Monday and released Ron Bartell, who was signed to be the Oakland Raiders' top cornerback in March.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...rtell-released

is Al really dead? I'm not so sure he is. This type of stupidity is just too familiar.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #896
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

So much for wasting a first and second round pick on palmer...

Terrelle Pryor to start for Raiders

The Oakland Raiders are ready to get a long look at Terrelle Pryor to see if he can be their quarterback of the future.
Pryor got the nod to start Sunday's season finale in San Diego in place of the injured Carson Palmer. After being deemed not ready to be the backup when Palmer got hurt last week in Carolina, Pryor will make his first career start.

"We know what his strengths are, we know what his weaknesses are," coach Dennis Allen said Friday. "But really, to give him an opportunity to go out in a game, against a division opponent, at their place, and give him a chance to play, it gives us a view into the future."

Pryor was chosen over backup Matt Leinart. early in the week that he was leaning to Pryor but wanted to see how practice developed. He said he thought Pryor responded well and now wants to see what his athleticism can bring to a team that has failed to score a touchdown the past two weeks.

Pryor said he's confident he is ready to start his first game since the Sugar Bowl for Ohio State against Arkansas on Jan. 4, 2011.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...,1729281.story
Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #897
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Pryor was a wasted supplemental pick for the Raiders. They have choked on picks so often it makes Matt Millen look like their GM. Leinart gives them the best chance to win. Pryor gives them the look that will be either false hope for next season (and those Faiders fans will be blabbering like they just found the next Kurt Warner) or realize they need to go waste a 1st round pick on a QB.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #898
Agamemnon

Looks like they are done with Palmer and want to know if they need to use their 1st rounder on a QB. Though I really don't get how one game is enough to come to that kind of conclusion.

Then again, maybe they just want to assure themselves the #3 overall pick.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #899
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

NFL draft bust JaMarcus Russell is attempting a comeback

By Kristian Dyer | Shutdown Corner – 8 hours ago

One of the biggest draft busts in NFL history is trying to re-kindle his football career. Yahoo! Sports has learned that JaMarcus Russell is planning a comeback attempt that he hopes will see him play in the league again. The former No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft has not played a single NFL snap since the 2009 season with the Oakland Raiders.

The reclamation of Russell will follow a tricky road for a quarterback who was always known more for his physical blessings than technique. Russell, 27, who has effectively been out of football since tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, might find overcoming himself his biggest challenge. Currently at 308 pounds, Russell is down from the 320 pounds he weighed this past fall and has been focusing on cardio conditioning the past six weeks to lose the weight.

“My first year out, I couldn’t watch football but after a while, I couldn’t keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch,” Russell said.

“The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family. People would say [that] I didn’t love the game but that pisses me off. People don’t know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”

Yahoo! Sports has learned that Russell’s mentor through this whole process is former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton, who like Russell is a LSU product. Over the next couple months, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West, whose draft products include Joe Flacco and Patrick Peterson among others.

In addition, former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jeff Garcia (quarterback technique training), Olympian Ato Boldon (speed training and analysis), Dr. Robert Price of Elite Minds (mental and psychological analysis), former NFL wide receiver Quinn Early (disciplinary work and focus), former New York Giants quarterback Scott Brunner (reading defenses and classroom sessions) and NFL Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk (reading defenses) will work as part of the team trying to reclaim the quarterback’s promise.

For the rest: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4730--nfl.html
Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #900
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

In other words, JaMarcus Russell is broke.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote