The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Default FF Advice

At QB, should I start Luck versus Tenn or Newton versus Atl? Both at home. Luck has been great lately and Tenn is bad against the pass, but Newton even in a loss put up big numbers on the road versus Atlanta last game.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

While we're at it...in a PPR league, who is a better bet this week: Decker or Moreno?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Luck and Decker
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Decker sucks. I say moreno.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Slight lean towards Luck and neither...that's gonna be hillman, tamme, dreesen, DT, and Denver's D racking up the points I hope...in a must win my opponent has Manning, Moreno, and Decker...this is the part of fantasy football that I hate.

My question is Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, or Justin Blackmon and then Tamme, Gates, or Dallas Clark?

Last edited by spdirty; 12-05-2012 at 11:23 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
you trust moreno to put up 3 decent games in a row with this one being on the road? If this game goes as I hope decker will throw up early points and hillman getting playing time at end
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
At QB, should I start Luck versus Tenn or Newton versus Atl? Both at home. Luck has been great lately and Tenn is bad against the pass, but Newton even in a loss put up big numbers on the road versus Atlanta last game.
Cam Newton. Though I hope he tanks and burns this week and tossed 4 picks and runs for negative yardage.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
While we're at it...in a PPR league, who is a better bet this week: Decker or Moreno?
Have anyone else? Because these two options are not stellar.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Have anyone else? Because these two options are not stellar.
Kenny Britt and im not very keen on him.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I say Luck and Decker also. Mike Nolan has done a good job scheming this year, so I think Luck is a better bet against a weak team. I have a gut feel that Decker will have a good game this week after being pretty lackluster for the last few.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I say Luck and Decker also. Mike Nolan has done a good job scheming this year, so I think Luck is a better bet against a weak team. I have a gut feel that Decker will have a good game this week after being pretty lackluster for the last few.
Newton has come on the past two weeks, and had an excellent outing versus the Falcons the 1st game. If it was my team, I would run with newton. Though as mentioned I hope i'm wrong and he sucks badddddd and fumbles and tosses picks.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Kenny Britt and im not very keen on him.
While scoring TD's the past couple of weeks, he doesn't get a lot of catches. He's a boom/bust. Knee injury and their other WR gets more involved.

Decker?

Shoe fell off. Seems Decker plays well when DT cannot get going. If DT gets going Manning doesn't even look his way and will supplement DT with the Tight ends.. Decker did though had a good game against Oakland last time and the Raiders have **** corners.

Moreno?
20 carries a game and 4 receptions. He has to get into the end zone one of these days. right? Definitely the most disappointing thing about him with the amount of touches he gets.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Just to add if Newton tosses a pick or fumbles he falls the eff apart. hehe Have fun making your selection OP.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
The past 4 weeks in FF he has sucked.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
What has decker done lately? Decker can barely get open. Plus he has butter fingers. I only say moreno because the raiders run D has been soft lately. Plus last time we played the raiders, we ran all over them.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Tennessee has some of the worst safety play in the NFL. Both Hilton and Avery can abuse them deep. The CBs are decent, so I do expect Wayne to be held somewhat in check on the intermediate throws. The Titans under their new OC want to throw the ball extensively these last few games to get a good look at Locker. This game has the makings of a shoot out, which is good news for Luck owners.

Meanwhile, Atlanta is one of the best defenses against the pass. Their entire secondary is good. They are also coming off a gameplan that completely shut down Jimmy Graham, not good for Olsen. Brandon LaFell, I believe, is out for this game as well. Newton already isn't the best passer and the Carolina O-line is banged up. Meanwhile, the Carolina defense is bad, and Ryan never struggles in back to back games. Newton can get you points by scrambling and scoring, but if the Falcons get up big, which is likely, he'll be forced to pass.

In this particular matchup, I'd say the odds are heavily in Luck's favor to be the higher scoring fantasy QB. Newton is much more riskier, but also has the better chance to hit a homerun (30+ points via multiple rushing scores).
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Moreno easily.

If the game is close, we'll want to run. If we get up big early, we'll want to run. There's little chance we fall behind or this turns into a shoot out. Thus, the odds favor Moreno.

Moreno's floor is probably 70 yards rushing and 2/10 yards receiving.

Decker's floor is 2/20 receiving.

Both probably have similar overall fantasy point ceilings: 100+ yards, 2 TDs, 4-5 receptions.

I think this is a no-brainer for Moreno personally. The risk is less while his ceiling is equivalent to Decker's.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Slight lean towards Luck and neither...that's gonna be hillman, tamme, dreesen, DT, and Denver's D racking up the points I hope...in a must win my opponent has Manning, Moreno, and Decker...this is the part of fantasy football that I hate.

My question is Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd, or Justin Blackmon and then Tamme, Gates, or Dallas Clark?
Well, with Shorts dinged up, it's possible Blackmon gets Cromartie, whom will shut him down completely. I'm avoiding him. It's a toss up between Austin and Lloyd. Austin is probably safer, though Cincinnati has a decent secondary and pass rush. Lloyd might be relevant this game against Houston with both Gronk and Edelman out. He hasn't topped 45 yards receiving in a long time though. I think I'd go with Austin if I'm playing the odds.

As for TE, they all probably score similar. Gates has a tough matchup with Pittsburgh and their now-healthy safeties. Both Clark and Tamme have great matchups. Clark probably has more scoring potential, but with Stokley out, I think Tamme gets more overall targets. I expect both to score around 8 points.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
Bacchus

Quote:
What has decker done lately? Decker can barely get open. Plus he has butter fingers. I only say moreno because the raiders run D has been soft lately. Plus last time we played the raiders, we ran all over them.
Decker has killed me the last 4 weeks. I have a choice between Demarco Murry and Decker this week. I again am going with Decker but again I'll probably regret it.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #21
Nwp-Apap

If it's Decker vs. Moreno, you gotta go Moreno as he is guaranteed significant touches, Decker is not. Also helps that Oakland is worse against the run than they are against the pass. Then you factor in we will probably play with a decent lead from the 2nd quarter on, we will probably run quite a bit.

I think Moreno goes off tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Well, with Shorts dinged up, it's possible Blackmon gets Cromartie, whom will shut him down completely. I'm avoiding him. It's a toss up between Austin and Lloyd. Austin is probably safer, though Cincinnati has a decent secondary and pass rush. Lloyd might be relevant this game against Houston with both Gronk and Edelman out. He hasn't topped 45 yards receiving in a long time though. I think I'd go with Austin if I'm playing the odds.

As for TE, they all probably score similar. Gates has a tough matchup with Pittsburgh and their now-healthy safeties. Both Clark and Tamme have great matchups. Clark probably has more scoring potential, but with Stokley out, I think Tamme gets more overall targets. I expect both to score around 8 points.
Thanks. Austin has been inconsistent since week 8, and Cincy has a tough secondary. I was considering Lloyd because of the Edelman injury and for Monday Night hope, just in case. Probably won't make my decision until Sunday morning with this little dilemma.

Think with Tamme I'll wait and see if Stokley is out or not before pulling that trigger.

Basically I need to either win this game or lose and hope the 5th place guy loses or lose and if the 5th place guy wins I need to outscore him by 3 points because of the tiebreaker. It's a pretty decent place to be in except he's playing a last place guy so he'll probably win. Really want to make the playoffs in all 3 of my leagues. So far I'm 2/3 and this one would be so nice.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
g6matty

The thing about luck is he only puts up huge numbers when playing from behind. I don't see Tennessee scoring much so that hurts pucks production. Arians try's to run a balanced offense to try and protect his young qb but when they start to get down a lot luck goes tebow and lights it up,

Newton has been hot lately plus I think atl will score putting newton in catch up mode forcing him to put up numbers. I'd go with scam this week
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Decker has killed me the last 4 weeks. I have a choice between Demarco Murry and Decker this week. I again am going with Decker but again I'll probably regret it.
wut? why? You run the RB.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #25
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
If it's Decker vs. Moreno, you gotta go Moreno as he is guaranteed significant touches, Decker is not. Also helps that Oakland is worse against the run than they are against the pass. Then you factor in we will probably play with a decent lead from the 2nd quarter on, we will probably run quite a bit.

I think Moreno goes off tomorrow.
I would go with Moreno as well.