The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
...just like Manning is making an above average offense great.
I want to argue that our offense isn't great, and yet somehow we put up 30+ points again yesterday despite my feeling that our offensive play was inadequate for much of the day.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
i was young when ray lewis came into the league .

is it fair to say that von could be the ray lewis of his generation.

i realise the leadership quality or w.e but in the aspect of talent and domination is the way von is trending comparable to Lewis?

i dont want to let this time pass before me with out me realising how incredible it is.

when im 50 years old ill tell my grand childen about someone named von Miller
Ray is better with a knife.

Allegedly.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #53
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I want to argue that our offense isn't great, and yet somehow we put up 30+ points again yesterday despite my feeling that our offensive play was inadequate for much of the day.
Yes, in fact the last game they played great was against New Orleans but I still think we have (do to Manning) a great offense that had two off games, mostly because Manning was off and the receivers dropped several balls they should have caught. Down the road this will not be the standard thus I label them great.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #54
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
2 years ago Denver was the second worst team in the league.

Today they arguably have the frontrunners for the best defensive player and best offensive players awards.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #55
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Aldon Smith is just a half sack away from Miller for the lead now... that sucks.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #56
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Aldon Smith is just a half sack away from Miller for the lead now... that sucks.
he should get it going up against that god awful OL.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #57
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Still won't do anything to change the outcome of DPOY.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #58
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

I only care for one award (like our players too) and that is the award you can win on 3. Feb.

Manning has 4 MVP Titels(may 5 if he keeps this up) i bet he throw all titels under the bus for 1 more ring.

So I love Von and he is an beast, but i do not relly care if he wins this award.

Quote:
San Diego had three players trying to slow down Miller on a few plays yesterday
yes. And the great thing is, we have Doom who also is a good passrusher (not quite dominated as Doom). SDo if the go double or tripleteam miller, doom will get his shots. like he did in the cargers game at the end...
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #59
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
He tore up a bad OL, I have faith that Von will get the sack lead back before the year is out.

I was more surprised that JJ Watt didn't have the same kind of night when he played duh bears.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #60
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Add the following to Von's resume!

INT returned for TD!

Today Von had a Sack, FF, INT, TD, Pass defensed.

Tillman had one FF today but got burned in coverage for a TD, he is out of the running, Smith and Watt don't have an INT, they don't have a score, Watt has only 1 FF and Smith only 3, Von has more Run stuffs than Smith or Watt and his Stuffed yards lost total is more than the other 2 combined.

Miller is in a class of his own. Sadly the east coast writers will be too lazy to watch the Bronco games or Von's Highlights and just look at the sack column and give it out based on sack totals rather than if the player is a complete package.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #61
Memento
SY2K

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk

Great to have player on O (Manning), D (Miller) and ST (Holliday) that keep opposing coordinators from getting any sleep at all during game week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Add the following to Von's resume!

INT returned for TD!

Today Von had a Sack, FF, INT, TD, Pass defensed.

Tillman had one FF today but got burned in coverage for a TD, he is out of the running, Smith and Watt don't have an INT, they don't have a score, Watt has only 1 FF and Smith only 3, Von has more Run stuffs than Smith or Watt and his Stuffed yards lost total is more than the other 2 combined.

Miller is in a class of his own. Sadly the east coast writers will be too lazy to watch the Bronco games or Von's Highlights and just look at the sack column and give it out based on sack totals rather than if the player is a complete package.
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #62
canadianbroncosfan

Update after 12 games

Millers has 53 tackles, 15 sacks, 24 TFL, 5 FF, one INT/TD

Smith has 51 tackles, 17.5 sacks, 14 TFL, 3 FF

Watt has 59 tackles, 15.5 sacks, 24 TFL, 1 FF

Right now, Miller seems to be more consistent across the board.

Although trailing Smith in sacks, he has 10 more Tackles for Loss and 3 more turnovers.

As for trailing Watt by 0.5 sacks and 6 tackles, he's forced 5 more turnovers than him.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #63
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Passes defended is a stat the Watt has far exceeded Miller in so I would say it is between Watt and Miller and is a close race.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #64
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Passes defended is a stat the Watt has far exceeded Miller in so I would say it is between Watt and Miller and is a close race.
Yeah he swats passes at the line. BFD. Let's see him drop into coverage and get an int.

JJ Watt can suck it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #65
g6matty

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...All-hail-Aldon

Aldon smith doesn't even get double teamed. At time miller has 3 guys keying on him and I'm sure watt demands a double team too.

49ers play rams and cardinals twice a year both teams have ****ty qb who holds on to the ball and o lines that can't block at all. No way aldon deserves this award he's a one trick pony who benefits from a strong front 7. Miller puts the D in Denver he's bringing back the orange crush

Last edited by g6matty; 12-03-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #66
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...All-hail-Aldon

Aldon smith doesn't even get double teamed. At time miller has 3 guys keying on him and I'm sure watt demands a double team too.

49ers play rams and cardinals twice a year both teams have ****ty qb who holds on to the ball and o lines that can't block at all. No way aldon deserves this award he's a one trick pony who benefits from a strong front 7. Miller puts the D in Denver he's bringing back the orange crush
Voters will see that Aldon is no way as dominate as Von Miller.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #67
spiralism

It's going to be Watt. No broncos defensive player gets league wide respect it seems (as seen by our grand total of zero defensive players in the hall - anyone who tries to retort with willie brown deserves a smack in the head). Champ puts up the best season statistically by a CB ever and it's not even good for 2nd in the 2006 vote.

I argued Miller's case on another forum, backing it up with the stats and got torn apart for it as being a deluded homer so if that's the prevailing attitude towards miller's play amongst other fans, Watt will take this.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #68
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Watt wins it, he'll deserve it. Just like Taylor did during Champ's monster year. I wouldn't be too upset if Watt gets it, but if a guy like Smith gets it, I would rage. Leading the league in sacks is an accomplishment, but it would have been like awarding it to Doom when he did it. Great pass rushers, but not the all around players like Miller and Watt.

Miller is going to get one last chance on national tv this week against the Raiders to impress. He already has a real shot, so I'd love to see him dominate this game and give the voters more to think about.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #69
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I think the big thing to look at for these three players too, is they were all in the same freakin class and 2nd year players.
These guys will be beasts for years to come. Scary.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #70
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
It's going to be Watt. No broncos defensive player gets league wide respect it seems (as seen by our grand total of zero defensive players in the hall - anyone who tries to retort with willie brown deserves a smack in the head). Champ puts up the best season statistically by a CB ever and it's not even good for 2nd in the 2006 vote.

I argued Miller's case on another forum, backing it up with the stats and got torn apart for it as being a deluded homer so if that's the prevailing attitude towards miller's play amongst other fans, Watt will take this.
I've seen plenty of press for Miller, he seems pretty popular nationally. JJ Watt is having a pretty impressive season too, losing out to him wouldn't be nearly the tragedy Champ losing out was. (That was really awful)

Last edited by mkporter; 12-04-2012 at 03:06 PM..
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #71
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
I've sen plenty of press for Miller, he seems pretty popular nationally. JJ Watt is having a pretty impressive season too, losing out to him wouldn't be nearly the tragedy Champ losing out was. (That was really awful)
Yeah I was about to say, I seem to hear nothing but praise for him nationally. Hell, Deion was basically saying he should be an MVP candidate along side Manning.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #72
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think Von needs to finish strong. Right now I'd guess Watt would win, he made such a dominating start to the season that people pretty much crowned him DPOY in Week 6. Von has to change their minds, and he's giving it one hell of a shot.

The pick 6 will have helped a lot IMO.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #73
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I can't help but think DPOY is Von's. Sure Watt and Smith are ahead in the sack total, but Smith is one dimensional and aside from sacks and good line play the best attribute Watt has is balls batted Down at the line. Von has sacks, league lead in TFL one of the leaders in FF and now a pick 6. He is a complete player and a complete beast
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #74
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
What's the better stat to have though is the question.

League lead in TFL or league lead in passes defended?

TFL is a much bigger play. It's a drive killer and a morale crusher. Add in FF and I don't think the contest is as close as many think.

Watt started strong, but hasn't continued at that level of production all season. Aldon is 1 dimensional and benefits from having elite help in the front 7. Von has been consistent all season and is the reason this defense has undergone the turnaround it has.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #75
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
What's the better stat to have though is the question.

League lead in TFL or league lead in passes defended?

TFL is a much bigger play. It's a drive killer and a morale crusher. Add in FF and I don't think the contest is as close as many think.

Watt started strong, but hasn't continued at that level of production all season. Aldon is 1 dimensional and benefits from having elite help in the front 7. Von has been consistent all season and is the reason this defense has undergone the turnaround it has.
Watt has more TFL this year. He has had a continuously excellent season.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/play...ckles-for-loss
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote