The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
They were exclusive statements. Many of McCoy's run play-calls are telegraphed. For example, when they bunch 7 players (5 OL, 2 TE's) on the line...but I guess it's kinda hard to hide, when you're running in a posse formation 90% of the time.

Manning definitely needs to rethink motioning the TE only for run plays. Running play-action 50% of the time after motioning in the TE would probably solve the problem, and keep the Defense guessing...but it may limit the TE's route tree in a play-action pass play.

It's a tough one to solve. I don't remember seeing him do that with Indy.
What kills me is that 2nd and short has been an automatic run down all season, when it is a great play action down.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #27
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
What kills me is that 2nd and short has been an automatic run down all season, when it is a great play action down.
At this point with the division won we might be saving some stuff for the playoffs.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #28
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

9. Brooking cannot get off blocks, but stayed in anyway. He should not have such a focal role. Woodyard makes some great plays, and gets washed out on others. With both Brooking and Woodyard in, we got pwned against the run.
Did we really get owned by Tampa's running game? We allowed less than 60 yards to one of the best backs in the league this season and less than 75 total. To me it looks like our D owned Tampa's rushing attack.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #29
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
IMO because our short yardage plays suck. If we can ever get this corrected then yes 2nd and one is a freebie down

Not sure that will happen this year. Disconcerning that TB lived in our backfield all game

Who plays right guard for us either him or Koppen was getting eaten for lunch all game
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #30
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Did we really get owned by Tampa's running game? We allowed less than 60 yards to one of the best backs in the league this season and less than 75 total. To me it looks like our D owned Tampa's rushing attack.
Take a look at all of Martin's longer runs, and I guarantee you Brooking is getting pwned in all of them.

We all used to complain that Joe Mays was only getting two tackles per game. Well, Brooking has gotten 2, 1, and 1 his last three games. He isn't very fluid, gets blocked easily, and appears to be wearing down. DJ and Trevathan get just as many tackles and play less than half the time Brooking does.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brooking. At least he organizes the Defense into proper alignments and run fits, and doesn't miss tackles (unlike Joe Mays). However, he needs to be limited to a backup role, with 15-20 snaps per game.

Time to start DJ.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote