The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #76
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
EDIT: Below is my original post. I misspoke and said Royal signed after Manning. He did not, he knew Peyton was a very legit possibility and still left. Carry on with original post

Did you know that that just as the good Reverend pointed out about Del Rio, Royal with Cheese had not yet signed with Washington or San Diego. The Broncos still wanted him and they had Manning, yet he still left. It wasn't about money because he took a lesser deal with Whales Vagina than what the Redskins offered.

He wanted a change of scenery because in his eyes he needed it to revitalize his career. Turns out he just sucks, because he is the same in Whales Vagina.
San Diego .... test .... test ... Sandy Ego ... test ... is that a filter?

Last edited by bowtown; 12-03-2012 at 07:24 PM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #77
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
i know i've ever been on the receiving end of one...
The machismo is strong with this one.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #78
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Um... but which is it, Mojoe... "Happy to be wrong" (thread title) or "I hate being wrong." (Post #16)? It would seem that the 2 statements are rather contradictory...
Exactly...

He wants to enjoy the Broncos winning 9 out of 12 games and winning the AFCW, but realized "Doh!" he trashed this team, it's players, it's HoF QB's (Elway and Manning), the FO, the coaching staff and called those of us who didn't have likewise opinions of the team morons.

so he comes in here figuring he'll sorta admit he was kinda, maybe wrong, but leaves the door open to where he can come back and say the season wasn't really a success should Manning not help us win the SB
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #79
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Probably got to be pretty fast by running way, didn't you?
HaHa...good one dude.

nope, generally I'm a level headed guy who doesn't get emotional about alot of things...and emotions running high is generally what leads to fights.

That and the fact that I'm not a p***Y helps too, former Marine who is still in pretty damn good shape even at 51 years of age.....I don't start fights, but I don't run from them either...and if I know a fight is inevitable, I don't mind throwing the first punch.....

just saying.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #80
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon Weeden
They would have had to hurdle the Browns to do that.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #81
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
HaHa...good one dude.

nope, generally I'm a level headed guy who doesn't get emotional about alot of things...and emotions running high is generally what leads to fights.

That and the fact that I'm not a p***Y helps too, former Marine who is still in pretty damn good shape even at 51 years of age.....I don't start fights, but I don't run from them either...and if I know a fight is inevitable, I don't mind throwing the first punch.....

just saying.
As I read your reply I was pretty sure you got I was kidding around. But then you went into detail about why, and unnecessarily too! So now I am not sure if you knew I was kidding!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #82
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
They would have had hurdled the Browns to do that.
You don't think that was a very real possibility?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #83
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
They would have had to hurdle the Browns to do that.
I think Elway would have traded up. He was the most NFL ready QB and no way he goes with Tim Tebow, that much is clear now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
San Diego .... test .... test ... Sandy Ego ... test ... is that a filter?
No but it sure made you think there was one didn't it! My use of Whales Vagina started when I made the gameday thread.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #85
Bacchus

Quote:
To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon Weeden
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #86
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Mojoe,
I need to see the following in writing:
1. Suck for Luck was a worthwhile endeavor.
2. Pac 12 (not 10) is a credible conference.
3. Tebow is not a starter and was never our future.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #87
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Didn't say I would have liked it just what we likely would have done had we miss out on Manning.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #88
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Good point.

Hey Mojoe, you do realize that nobody wanted to play with Tebow right? B. Lloyd left, Eddie Royal left.

Don't think for a minute that any of our recent FA acquisitions (Tamme, Dreesen, Adams, Koppen, Stokley, Bannan, Leonhard) would have hopped on board.

Jack Del Rio would have never came to Denver.

The Broncos would have been fighting it out with the rest of the AFC West losers trying to get a chance to be blown out in the playoffs again.
This is Epic Fail.

B Lloyd was stuffed on a flight for St Louis by the Front Office well before his first full game of the season with Tim. Adams signed with us the same day Royal signed with the Chargers to 'escape' Turrible Timmy. The Broncos cut Stokely a couple years ago, right before year two of Kyle Orton's Pro Bowl stint in Denver, thinking his best days were behind him. Now suddenly Manning's the only way we could've possibly lured him off of his Denver area couch.

And the best part.... JDR signed in January, while Peyton was still wearing the Horseshoe and Elway was still saying stuff about Tebow having earned the starting job going into next camp.

Edit: I see Rev hit that last point. Still, it was icing on the steaming pile.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 12-03-2012 at 08:07 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
As I read your reply I was pretty sure you got I was kidding around. But then you went into detail about why, and unnecessarily too! So now I am not sure if you knew I was kidding!
Wasn't sure if you were kidding or not...so figured I'd elaborate
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #90
Bacchus

Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #91
Agamemnon

Quote:
All Brock has to do is record absolutely everything that Manning does and says...then play it back for our next QB draft pick. Dynasty preserved.

So much truth in this post. I honestly don't believe Osweiler will ever be the starting QB for the Broncos. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what my gut tells me. Manning will play for 3-4 years, and Elway will see a QB he likes more than Osweiler before the guy really gets a chance.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #92
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
It was Champ himself that came to Tebow's defense when these comments were made. The jets season is now lost and you can't blame that on Tebow. The blame goes to Rex, Sanchez, and other "terrible" players. Tebow is a bystander in this mess, and its obvious they have many other problems, of which Tebow is the least of them, IMHO.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 12-04-2012 at 12:07 AM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #93
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Did you start the wave yesterday?
Okay, that was actually kinda of funny.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #94
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Exactly...

He wants to enjoy the Broncos winning 9 out of 12 games and winning the AFCW, but realized "Doh!" he trashed this team, it's players, it's HoF QB's (Elway and Manning), the FO, the coaching staff and called those of us who didn't have likewise opinions of the team morons.

so he comes in here figuring he'll sorta admit he was kinda, maybe wrong, but leaves the door open to where he can come back and say the season wasn't really a success should Manning not help us win the SB
I'm guilty as charged, everything you said is true.

Again... I've owned what I've said. My opinion wasn't the same as yours and as it turns out I wasn't right about Manning as you and many others on the OM were.

I freely admit that my frustration with the Broncos failures over the last several years brought me to a boiling point this offseason. I was taking the losing seasons way to hard. The QB position has really been tough to cope with. My standards have been to high and I have taken the games way to seriously.

After my heart issue in May I realized just in time that I can't afford to have the same attitude today. My temper flared out of control way too much. I just can't do it anymore, after being hospitalized and coming close to death and a painfully long 2 month recovery I had to reevaluate what's really important and what isn't.

I'm trying not to take the Broncos games so personal, I can't waste any more of my life being angry and hateful because it literally could kill me.

So if you and the others on here want to brow beat me go ahead, I'm not going to react to it because I'm done being angry and hateful. You won't see me in here trying to be a wreaking ball anymore. I'm done it's not worth it. I apologized to anyone in here I've offended I was a 1st class ass clown sometimes no doubt about it.

That said I'm happy for the teams success and Manning's because I've been a Fan for 40 plus years. No one will be more happy than me to see Manning and the team win a 3rd SB, no one.

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 12-04-2012 at 12:09 AM..
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #95
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

We are all grade A ass clowns at times. It's the orange mane, it isn't intramurals! Hope you are on the upswing and back on the right path now. Sorry to hear about the health scare.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #96
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
We are all grade A ass clowns at times. It's the orange mane, it isn't intramurals! Hope you are on the upswing and back on the right path now. Sorry to hear about the health scare.
Thanks I appreciate it. I had to make some drastic changes and I stil fall on my butt now and then but I have improved.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #97
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
It was Champ himself that came to Tebow's defense when these comments were made. The jets season is now lost and you can't blame that on Tebow. The blame goes to Rex, Sanchez, and other "terrible" players. Tebow is a bystander in this mess, and its obvious they have many other problems, of which Tebow is the least of them, IMHO.
I agree, Chip made a pretty good case for Tebow. The Jets cannot start him now because their season is lost.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #98
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
My hats off to everyone in the organization. I was wrong about Manning and happy I was. The Defense has played beyond my expectations, Miller is just money.

Still...Manning must produce a championship, settling for anything less now won't do. The measure of greatness is not just division titles but playoff victories in combination with winning the last game of the season. Manning has maybe 2 good years left then we'll have to retool the offense all over again. So this short cut must pay off, it's the whole reason he was signed in the first place. I'm positive that Bowlen, Elway and Fox expect nothing less as well.

Today they all deserve praise, Manning deserves it, Miller deserves it, and the whole D most certainly deserves it. But I still feel in my gut and in my heart that until Manning hoists the Lombardi over his head the signing can't be called a complete success despite his great regular season comeback.

Maybe to some that's asking too much but since Manning cost the Broncos so much in so many ways and since his window of opportunity is so small nothing else will do. Call my expectations to high but that's how I see it.

The Broncos have to get one of their RB's or a combination to produce because without the threat of a running game I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Thomas has made a big jump as a WR and the rest of the Receivers have done a serviceable job but it won't be enough.

Clinching early is great too but no guarantee of a championship. Manning's Colt teams did it many times and he only has one ring to show for it so the Broncos must not get complacent or take any games off the rest of the season. If they finish strong they could be the second highest seed in the AFC and get all their playoff games at home except the AFC Championship Game if the Texans get that far. So the remaining games matter and they must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Congrats enjoy the win today Broncos Fans but they still have work to do. Like taking the Raiders to the Slaughter House on Thursday. GO BRONCOS!'
What?? Manning may be around for three to four seasons, and Elway will probably continue to build the offense through the draft and free agency. This comment makes no sense.

The idea that Manning has 'only one ring' is laughable. The teams he took to the play-offs in large part were one man shows much like the Elway Bronco teams of the 80's. The fact that he got a ring at all is testament to his ability to put a team on his shoulders and carry them further than they ever would've gotten without him.

For once, he has what seems to be a championship level defense to compliment the offense, and he has some great pieces offensively that will get even more potent in the next two or three seasons.

Manning cost the Broncos 'so much in so many ways' means what, exactly? As far as I can tell, the guy is worth every dime.

You seem determined to rationalize why the Broncos won't go far, and I can only assume that's because you predicted Manning wouldn't work out somewhere down the line.

Super Bowl or bust is the mantra of all 32 teams. Only one actually carries home the prize. Manning won't win it every year of course, but I'm betting Denver is seriously in the conversation every single year he is here, and that makes it more than worthwhile.

Go follow Cleveland. They need fans who can explain why they can't do anything. Lord knows, they haven't found the answer yet. We have.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #99
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Mods, Please send this thread to the horses ass! Please!

All the guy had to say was I was wrong, I'm glad we're kicking ass! But instead all the douchiness comes off with a bit of,"I wish the Broncos would have started playing like ****, and Manning playing like he played against ATL. Throwing pick all over the place and having a hard time throwing to his right or wherever.......

Geeeeez.....STFU dimwit!

ps. Hope you wont take the games to serious anymore. The Mane has lost a few good guys the past few years. At least you don't have to deal with TT's cardiac style of play anymore. That **** was literally killing me too. Welcome back.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #100
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I'm guilty as charged, everything you said is true.

Again... I've owned what I've said. My opinion wasn't the same as yours and as it turns out I wasn't right about Manning as you and many others on the OM were.

I freely admit that my frustration with the Broncos failures over the last several years brought me to a boiling point this offseason. I was taking the losing seasons way to hard. The QB position has really been tough to cope with. My standards have been to high and I have taken the games way to seriously.

After my heart issue in May I realized just in time that I can't afford to have the same attitude today. My temper flared out of control way too much. I just can't do it anymore, after being hospitalized and coming close to death and a painfully long 2 month recovery I had to reevaluate what's really important and what isn't.

I'm trying not to take the Broncos games so personal, I can't waste any more of my life being angry and hateful because it literally could kill me.

So if you and the others on here want to brow beat me go ahead, I'm not going to react to it because I'm done being angry and hateful. You won't see me in here trying to be a wreaking ball anymore. I'm done it's not worth it. I apologized to anyone in here I've offended I was a 1st class ass clown sometimes no doubt about it.

That said I'm happy for the teams success and Manning's because I've been a Fan for 40 plus years. No one will be more happy than me to see Manning and the team win a 3rd SB, no one.

Well, it took 4 pages but you admit you are/were wrong, and now you can move on.
Now seriously dude, just relax and enjoy.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote