The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #76
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
They were trying to win the game. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Agreed. We shouldn't of quit trying to score, so sick of conservative play calling at the end to allow the teams within one score. Finish em off like the Pats. I don't mind the Bucs strategy at all.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #77
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Fact is, that QBs muff snaps under center all the freaking time! Where is the percentage of that? Care to pull those up for us?-
Ummm, what?

All the time? Please.

There are between 40,000 and 50,000 offensive snaps in the average NFL calendar year and there are less than 50 muffed snaps all season long, league wide.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #78
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I would bet the number of injuries from doing this every week is a lot larger than the number of times it actually works and created a turnover. All it will take is some marquee player being injured for the league to step in on it, matter of time really.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #79
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I have no problem with it.

But it is funny that was the hardest the Tampa DL fired off the line all day.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #80
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
I have no problem with it.

But it is funny that was the hardest the Tampa DL fired off the line all day.
You must have not seen any of the running plays the Broncos ran.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #81
teknic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I would bet the number of injuries from doing this every week is a lot larger than the number of times it actually works and created a turnover. All it will take is some marquee player being injured for the league to step in on it, matter of time really.
Exactly.

The solution people have been posting in this thread, to take a knee out of shotgun, does nothing to mitigate the injury risk from their defensive players firing themselves into the offensive lineman. Either a player is going to get seriously hurt from those scrums, or they will eventually escalate to a big fight.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #82
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknic View Post
Exactly.

The solution people have been posting in this thread, to take a knee out of shotgun, does nothing to mitigate the injury risk from their defensive players firing themselves into the offensive lineman. Either a player is going to get seriously hurt from those scrums, or they will eventually escalate to a big fight.
Yep. I am never one to wish injury on any athlete at all...that is just not sporting and bad karma but the only thing other than the league that may stop this guy is one of his own players being hurt on these plays.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #83
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

After the first one we should have had Baybay act like he would protect Peypey and then leak out down the field for the easiest touchdown ever. See how they like that. I mean, if they can play hard until the clock says 0 why shouldn't an offense?
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #84
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Exactly.

This will never be a rule but someone might make a phone call.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #85
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Exactly.

Isn't that what happens essentially every play? Don't defensive lineman aggressively collide into offensive lineman? I can see the concern if you have guys doing extra curricular stuff, but I really don't see why this play is so much worse than any other. If you don't like so many lineman crowding the ball, than do your victory formation with 5 wide or something.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #86
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post
After the first one we should have had Baybay act like he would protect Peypey and then leak out down the field for the easiest touchdown ever. See how they like that. I mean, if they can play hard until the clock says 0 why shouldn't an offense?
Repped.

Fox shouldve slapped Schiano in the stupid ****ing face.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #87
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Repped.

Fox shouldve slapped Schiano in the stupid ****ing face with his d!ck.
Added to your post.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #88
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, what?

All the time? Please.

There are between 40,000 and 50,000 offensive snaps in the average NFL calendar year and there are less than 50 muffed snaps all season long, league wide.

So even then, 50 divided by 16 games is 3.125 times a week it happens. Obviously that number goes down as I am sure its not 50. That added with the way our team loves to fumble the ball....I think my point stands.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #89
Bacchus

Check out Gronk on this play!! The guy came to fight!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #90
Bacchus

I believe this is the 4th game this year where they have done this. They have not accomplished anything from doing it. So will they continue?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #91
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
So because it has never happened in the victory formation my opinion is full of ****? Yeah, that..........wait.....no, no it doesnt make sense.

Fact is, that QBs muff snaps under center all the freaking time! Where is the percentage of that? Care to pull those up for us?- yes, they happen a bunch and when the game is tight and on the line- lets refer to the great elway back in '97 after the D stopped favre on 4th down. What was the very first thing he said to his center before they took the kneel down formation?.............."make sure I get this snap"...........!!!!!

So I am going to have to call bull**** on this one! It may not have happened yet but if elway was nervous enough- like I just said a QB might be- well then....maybe it just might happen afterall. You never know until you try.
First off, QB's don't muff snaps "all the time". It's happens but it's rare. Now, let's take into account what we're talking about. The type of play they are taking a snap for. There's no having to read a defense, there's no having to turn around and hand the ball off, no having to drop back and pass. There's nothing else for the QB to think about but kneeling down. There is a reason why no NFL QB's muff victory formation snaps in the NFL. Don't try and compare this unique play with any other play in which a QB might muff a snap. You can argue all you want about play to the whistle, whatever, that's fine. But don't try and make a case that there is a decent probability of them causing a fumble.

Even the Bucs players don't like do this. Broncos player said on radio today when the went up to the line they told the defensive players not to do it and they said in return they have to or it's their butt.

So some scrub QB for some scrub team in college didn't see it coming and they got caught off guard. The honeymoon is over, everybody knows it's coming, there is no way in hell it will work for them.

Honestly I think there coach knows the chances are worse then a snowball in hell. I think he's trying to teach his team to play hard until the end. But there is a better way of doing that then risking injury to them and the other team when the other team is being classy about winning.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #92
Vine

Just a bunch of ****ing crybabies in this thread. Last time I checked, a football game is 60 minutes long. If they are truly worried about a cheap injury, then don't kneel. Do a simple handoff.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Yeah, well at least it's not as bad as this one....

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #94
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

It's just a good reason for teams to run up the score against Tampa - don't risk having to take the knee and get someone injured.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #95
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Back to the effectiveness question. Has anyone seen this work anywhere else? College? High School? CFL? Anywhere?
It worked a time or two at Rutgers for Schiano. I actually like him and think he is a great coach but this type of play of bush league. That is the only thing I don't like. I liked that he gave Manning props on the pass to Slowshon where he was on the ground. He patted him and smiled.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #96
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Just so we're crystal clear...

Von Miller gets flagged for diving and landing on a QB's knees, on a play that does actually work sometimes.

The Tampa D doesn't get flagged for literally diving at the O-line's knees with the game in hand.

You can win with class and you can lose with class. Schiano and his junior college bull**** is classless.
The Tampa D was NOT diving at the Lineman's knees. They were diving at the snap, the area behind the center and the qb hand's receiving the handoff. If anyone is intentionally diving at players knees, then they should be suspended a few games.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #97
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If anyone's uncovered, you throw it. Otherwise, kneel it down.
That would be retarded. Sometimes it takes 3 kneel downs to kill it and as soon as you throw it a wide open Decker would drop it. Go shotgun as you say and just knee it down.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #98
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
A. Manning should of been taking the final snaps from the shotgun; don't give them a chance to bum rush and knock someone over
B. I wouldnt mind if we line up 5 wide instead and Manning take a shot downfield if they wanna do that
or better yet, put Holliday in the shotgun, snap it to him and let him run wild all over the field (just don't take a safety) and make those mother ****ers chase him for about 12 seconds.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #99
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yeah, well at least it's not as bad as this one....

Hahahahahah
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #100
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
or better yet, put Holliday in the shotgun, snap it to him and let him run wild all over the field (just don't take a safety) and make those mother ****ers chase him for about 12 seconds.....
And if it's a home game have the stadium play the Benny Hill Theme song!

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote