The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Maybe I missed something but why would we have to retool?

Everyone on the offense is young save maybe Ma Gahee, the receivers can still run routes, cathe the ball and run with it afterwards.
The OL still can block for runs and passing and last but not least RBs still carry the ball.

The only thing different is Manning will not be calling the plays in the play book.

Let's hope that Brock learns from his mentor and carries on, probably why John Drafted him. To learn and be ready when our HOF QB retires.

Nothing to retool.
Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote