The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #51
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Maybe I missed something but why would we have to retool?

Everyone on the offense is young save maybe Ma Gahee, the receivers can still run routes, cathe the ball and run with it afterwards.
The OL still can block for runs and passing and last but not least RBs still carry the ball.

The only thing different is Manning will not be calling the plays in the play book.

Let's hope that Brock learns from his mentor and carries on, probably why John Drafted him. To learn and be ready when our HOF QB retires.

Nothing to retool.
Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #52
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Doubt this is true. We defied some serious ass odds last year to stumble to 8-8.
Orton started 1-4 and took all the 1st team snaps from Tebow throughout the offseason all the way to the bye week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Theres broncos players who just said they would still be fighting for the west title in week 17 had he still been here. That ain't a future
Could be. One thing is definitely true. Manning has us fighting for a bye and the #2 seed. That would not have happened with Tebow. That might make the ultimate difference for us to be able to get to the Superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I don't know about this. They did pick Von Miller. Who knows a good defensive guy better than an a guy who had to play against them...Elway.
Like Rev said, Del Rio was here with or without Manning...so the draft would have gone the exact same. I think Fox and Elway kind of give Del Rio credit for finding Wolfe.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #53
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What's weird is, the Broncos would likely be 4th seed in the AFC right now, with Timon at the helm.

Our running game would be lights out, and the Defense would be lights out. We would kinda be like SF...who I think can beat NE handily.
SD would be leading the division with a 6-5 record if Tebow was in Denver. What part of horrible do people not understand?

He was figured out. Denver lost at home last year to the Chiefs 7-3. All the opposing teams had to do was rush three or 4 but not a full rush just keep Tebow in front of them and do not let him run. Drop everyone else into coverage and dare him to throw the ball. He can't complete a pass when its in coverage. He can't do it. Pittsburgh were the only ones towards the end of the season not to do this. Instead the stacked the LOS and blitzed often leaving their WR in 1 to 1 coverage.

Tebow has been figured out and he'll NEVER EVER be an effective NFL QB again.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-03-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #54
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Manning is a once every 25 year QB. In fact he is probably the best thinking QB that has ever played the game. A coach on the field, probably better at knowing what the defense is doing than anyone else on the team ( including the coaches).

A talent like his is not going to be easy to replace because of that. A pure drop back passing QB is not enough. Expecting that Osweiler will be able to perform like Manning is pretty unlikely. Unless he is in the Franchise category ( (a big IF) there will be significant drop off when he takes the reins after Manning. Manning is Manning becasue he is Dedicated and works harder than almost anyone else. Combined with his talent that gives him his
dominance. I have no idea if Osweiler ( or any other QB) we have or might get have that level of work ethic. I have heard that Luck is like Manning in that respect. It is starting to show in the results also.
All Brock has to do is record absolutely everything that Manning does and says...then play it back for our next QB draft pick. Dynasty preserved.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-03-2012 at 04:57 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #55
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Obviously at this stage Brock just can't be compared to Manning. Manning is a whole other animal, not just a great player but a Coach on the field, he makes everyone look better. I sincerely hope Brock gets there but the talent on Offense with another QB at this point is an average to below average team. The OL has been a real strength and lets hope it continues. But other than Thomas and Decker possibly at WR none of the other skill position players are what you'll call great players. McGahee is nearly done, no RB we have at this point is going to step and play the way he has yet. I'm just honestly trying to be objective about it. Today if Manning goes down the D would have to carry the team and I'd say that Manning's play has helped to inspire them to play above their abilities as well.

Maybe Manning has more than 1 or 2 more years, it'll give Brock plenty of team to grasp the offensive.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #56
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We can tell you still miss tebow.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #57
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
Again... yes, yes and still more yes. In hindsight it was brilliant but no one can say for sure that this team would be were it is today. Many fans hoped it would be so but didn't know it was a lock, that's BS. I still can't believe they clinched in Week 12, this season is one of the greatest stories in the history of the franchise. I'm totally on board. GO BRONCOS!!! GO MANNING!!
Ok lets go ahead and say that the signing was an abortion the size of the Redskins and Mcnabb marriage. If that happened Denver would be in the same spot as last year and that would be a team with a smoking hole at QB. We have a prospect with a year of NFL training under him and who knows how he will turn out. Sure Denver blew 19 Million on Manning but lets be honest they made more than that with his signing. This next offseason wouldn't be much different than last other than last year we absolutely know we did not have a legit NFL QB on the roster.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #58
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Obviously at this stage Brock just can't be compared to Manning. Manning is a whole other animal, not just a great player but a Coach on the field, he makes everyone look better. I sincerely hope Brock gets there but the talent on Offense with another QB at this point is an average to below average team. The OL has been a real strength and lets hope it continues. But other than Thomas and Decker possibly at WR none of the other skill position players are what you'll call great players. McGahee is nearly done, no RB we have at this point is going to step and play the way he has yet. I'm just honestly trying to be objective about it. Today if Manning goes down the D would have to carry the team and I'd say that Manning's play has helped to inspire them to play above their abilities as well.

Maybe Manning has more than 1 or 2 more years, it'll give Brock plenty of team to grasp the offensive.
Bull shiit! Brock will be better that Manning, he's taller, prettier and has a helmet that fits. Silly boy.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #59
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Bull shiit! Brock will be better that Manning, he's taller, prettier and has a helmet that fits. Silly boy.
and they both have pretty boy, yuppie first names.

Brock and Peyton going to the club to play some squash.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #60
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well it's wrong to say he doesn't but it's also foolish to say he does. You don't really know when QB's get to this age. He could play 2 more seasons after this year, maybe 3, I highly doubt 4 and I would say absolutely No Way to 5.
Sorry I don't agree. Manning is only getting better with age. He doesn't need a strong arm to do what he does, just his huge brain.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #61
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Mile High Mojoe, big deal that you admit you were wrong. You are always wrong. This is probably the first time you have admitted it though. How is that opinion that Andrew Luck sucks and won't be anything in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
How did Peyton Manning cost us draft picks?
He cost us high draft picks for the next few years!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #62
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
The whole draft of 2012 would have been different had Manning not signed.
Really? Did Elway tell you who he would've targeted had Manning not signed with us?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post

My point was the rest of the O will be trained the right way. Thus the need to retool is absurd.

Add to that, manning is taking the rookie under his wing and teaching at every opportunity unlike in years past. I suspect that John saw something in this kid that told him he was worth the pick to replace Manning down the road.

Not saying he will, but so far John has hit just about every pick he has made. For now that is good enough for me.

As far as work ethic it is unlikely that those trained by Manning will slack off and perhaps even work harder because they know the kid needs their help. They will have tasted big wins and hopefully a couple more lombardis. Might be enough incentive to continue.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #64
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Really? Did Elway tell you who he would've targeted had Manning not signed with us?
To be fair we probably would have taken Brandon Weeden
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #65
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Good point.

Hey Mojoe, you do realize that nobody wanted to play with Tebow right? B. Lloyd left, Eddie Royal left.

Don't think for a minute that any of our recent FA acquisitions (Tamme, Dreesen, Adams, Koppen, Stokley, Bannan, Leonhard) would have hopped on board.

Jack Del Rio would have never came to Denver.

The Broncos would have been fighting it out with the rest of the AFC West losers trying to get a chance to be blown out in the playoffs again.
EDIT: Below is my original post. I misspoke and said Royal signed after Manning. He did not, he knew Peyton was a very legit possibility and still left. Carry on with original post

Did you know that that just as the good Reverend pointed out about Del Rio, Royal with Cheese had not yet signed with Washington or San Diego. The Broncos still wanted him and they had Manning, yet he still left. It wasn't about money because he took a lesser deal with Whales Vagina than what the Redskins offered.

He wanted a change of scenery because in his eyes he needed it to revitalize his career. Turns out he just sucks, because he is the same in Whales Vagina.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-03-2012 at 07:11 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #66
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
My hats off to everyone in the organization. I was wrong about Manning and happy I was. The Defense has played beyond my expectations, Miller is just money.

Still...Manning must produce a championship, settling for anything less now won't do. The measure of greatness is not just division titles but playoff victories in combination with winning the last game of the season. Manning has maybe 2 good years left then we'll have to retool the offense all over again. So this short cut must pay off, it's the whole reason he was signed in the first place. I'm positive that Bowlen, Elway and Fox expect nothing less as well.

Today they all deserve praise, Manning deserves it, Miller deserves it, and the whole D most certainly deserves it. But I still feel in my gut and in my heart that until Manning hoists the Lombardi over his head the signing can't be called a complete success despite his great regular season comeback.

Maybe to some that's asking too much but since Manning cost the Broncos so much in so many ways and since his window of opportunity is so small nothing else will do. Call my expectations to high but that's how I see it.

The Broncos have to get one of their RB's or a combination to produce because without the threat of a running game I don't see them going deep in the playoffs. Thomas has made a big jump as a WR and the rest of the Receivers have done a serviceable job but it won't be enough.

Clinching early is great too but no guarantee of a championship. Manning's Colt teams did it many times and he only has one ring to show for it so the Broncos must not get complacent or take any games off the rest of the season. If they finish strong they could be the second highest seed in the AFC and get all their playoff games at home except the AFC Championship Game if the Texans get that far. So the remaining games matter and they must continue to improve in all phases of the game.

Congrats enjoy the win today Broncos Fans but they still have work to do. Like taking the Raiders to the Slaughter House on Thursday. GO BRONCOS!'
Jesus, give the guy props. He was a real tool, but he's being a class act even with you guys STILL hammering him. MHM, I appreciate you toning down your douchiness.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #67
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #68
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Did you know that that just as the good Reverend pointed out about Del Rio, Royal with Cheese had not yet signed with Washington or San Diego. The Broncos still wanted him and they had Manning, yet he still left. It wasn't about money because he took a lesser deal with Whales Vagina than what the Redskins offered.

He wanted a change of scenery because in his eyes he needed it to revitalize his career. Turns out he just sucks, because he is the same in Whales Vagina.
Royal signed five days before Manning signed with the Broncos.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #69
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Again... yes, yes and still more yes. In hindsight it was brilliant but no one can say for sure that this team would be were it is today. Many fans hoped it would be so but didn't know it was a lock, that's BS. I still can't believe they clinched in Week 12, this season is one of the greatest stories in the history of the franchise. I'm totally on board. GO BRONCOS!!! GO MANNING!!
Au contraire mother ****er!

Many of us told you morons that signing Manning would vastly improve the play of the WR's, TE's and OL....and that playing with a lead would make our defense better. You scoffed at that notion....

Many of us said that signing Manning would bring quality FA's to our team, and we signed guys who have made considerable contributions like Tamme, Stokley, Adams, Porter, Carter, Brooking, Dreesen, Holliday, Leonhard, Koppen, etc...you and your cronies scoffed at that notion too.

Many of us told you Elway had a plan to build this team into the SB contender it is, and it started with signing a 1st ballot unanimous choice HoF QB and trading away a great guy/bad QB....it was followed by signing key free agents to fill roles on this team that you and your clown friends called non talented...and ended with a very solid draft that netted us a starter and a couple of key reserves who have helped this team win the AFC West....and again you scoffed at that take as well.

Now you wanna come crawling back?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #70
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
Jesus, give the guy props. He was a real tool, but he's being a class act even with you guys STILL hammering him. MHM, I appreciate you toning down your douchiness.
**** him!

He claimed all of those now blasting him were idiots when they told him that what has happened this season would happen..

He's just getting what he deserves...if he wants to "man up" then let him take his ass kicking like a man.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #71
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
**** him!

He claimed all of those now blasting him were idiots when they told him that what has happened this season would happen..

He's just getting what he deserves...if he wants to "man up" then let him take his ass kicking like a man.
Do you even know what an ass kicking is? Somehow I doubt it.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #72
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Royal signed five days before Manning signed with the Broncos.
****, I got it twisted. He knew Manning was a strong possibility and still signed with San Diego. My bad, thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #73
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you even know what an ass kicking is? Somehow I doubt it.
i know i've ever been on the receiving end of one...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #74
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Um... but which is it, Mojoe... "Happy to be wrong" (thread title) or "I hate being wrong." (Post #16)? It would seem that the 2 statements are rather contradictory...
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #75
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
i know i've ever been on the receiving end of one...
Probably got to be pretty fast by running way, didn't you?