The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Manning is taking away the possibility of a turnover via interception, strip sack, etc. He is being conservative and allowing the special teams/defense do what they do. I hate the call but its the right call.
Yeah, me too and I agree.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #27
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
I'm just sick of playing conservative when we have a lead in the 4th quarter. It's going to come back and bite them one of these times. It did to the Lions yesterday, although they don't have PFM. The Bucs got within one touchdown(2pt) because of Fox not wanting to run up the score. We need to finish teams like the Pats.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of letting teams creep back in and it coming down to an onsides kick.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #28
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

At least its not obvious like last year so the hell with it
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i only like running on third and long if it's a lateral or draw play that's well blocked.
in most cases it doesn't work and you could have called something beyond the sticks(which btw annoys the crap out of me when they run plays 4-5 yards underneath the first down marker and expect the receiver to make a defender miss.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Bucs went with a three man front and from what I saw Manning checked into the run if I remember right.
I do not understand the op when everyone knows Fox is not calling offensive plays. At worst it was a call in from Mc Coy, but we all know that Manning saw what he saw and called the play at the LOS.

Now had that happened between 2-6 years ago you could blame the HC.

But not now.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Peyton read a quarter 3 deep coverage and checked down to a Hillman draw... we had a better chance at picking up the first on the draw than passing against a coverage like that.

I called it right before it happened. I was like "watch, this should be a draw."
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #32
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

It was the right call - Peyton understands what kind of defense Denver has. In pure passing situations we are probably the best in the NFL right now - play to your strength.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #33
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
What are people's thoughts here on this? When it happens, it makes me scream at my TV.

That being said, I get the reasoning behind it: Great punter, obvious passing down=PFM possibly getting sacked, let the D make a great play, etc.

It seemed to turn out ok yesterday, however, I think white bread coaching like that may cost us points or a game against the good teams.
It really pisses me off when a white RB picks up a first down when they were playing for a punt on 3rd and really long.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #34
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They got within 8 points with under 2 minutes and no timeouts left in the game. How many times do teams throw a costly pick or fumble theball late in the game? What they are doing is working.
Teams that don't have Peyton Manning. The Lions played conservatively with the lead just like the Broncos did, except they ended up losing. All I want is to keep attacking, don't let up on the gas pedal.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Teams that don't have Peyton Manning. The Lions played conservatively with the lead just like the Broncos did, except they ended up losing. All I want is to keep attacking, don't let up on the gas pedal.
When we called 3 straight running plays forcing them to call all their timeouts. I wish they would have tried passing for another first not allowing them to get the ball back. In the end we won but the score should have never been that close.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #36
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
When we called 3 straight running plays forcing them to call all their timeouts. I wish they would have tried passing for another first not allowing them to get the ball back. In the end we won but the score should have never been that close.
So how many more wins would Denver have gotten if they had won by more points?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Fox is a defensive coach. He trusts his defense to close games.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #38
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother knows that the score was a lot closer than the game actually was. Even the post-game crew commented that the Broncos dominated, and the score did not justify our performance. I still never felt threatened that the Bucs were going to win - even when we went into the half losing 10-7. Manning effect ftw.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
Agamemnon

Hated it with a passion last year. This year I'm honestly at a point that I'm more mystified than angry. It at least made some sense with Tebow, but with Manning? WTF?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #40
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So how many more wins would Denver have gotten if they had won by more points?
Just saying to not even give them a chance at an onside by going for the kill. As long as it doesn't bite us in the ass it doesn't matter.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #41
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
I do not understand the op when everyone knows Fox is not calling offensive plays. At worst it was a call in from Mc Coy, but we all know that Manning saw what he saw and called the play at the LOS.

Now had that happened between 2-6 years ago you could blame the HC.

But not now.
So Fox just sits on the sidelines and has no say in any of the play calling? Sounds like a sweet gig!
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #42
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It really pisses me off when a white RB picks up a first down when they were playing for a punt on 3rd and really long.
Well I can agree with that.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #43
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
So Fox just sits on the sidelines and has no say in any of the play calling? Sounds like a sweet gig!
When you have a HOF QB on the field that can make instant decisions on what he sees, something that Fox and frankly 30 other HCs do not have, he places the general flow of the game into his and the OC hands.

We all know that Fox is a run first very conservative coach that errors on the side of caution, believes in TOP, his defense and field position. This call would have been right up his alley.

Had we been behind at the time then it is another whole conversation.

Myself I'm the kind of guy that wants to step on their throat and win by 40, so saying what just posted goes against my wishes, but was the right thing to do given the situation had the blocking been there it should have been a really good gain.

That is a whole different story.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #44
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
When you have a HOF QB on the field that can make instant decisions on what he sees, something that Fox and frankly 30 other HCs do not have, he places the general flow of the game into his and the OC hands.

We all know that Fox is a run first very conservative coach that errors on the side of caution, believes in TOP, his defense and field position. This call would have been right up his alley.

Had we been behind at the time then it is another whole conversation.

Myself I'm the kind of guy that wants to step on their throat and win by 40, so saying what just posted goes against my wishes, but was the right thing to do given the situation had the blocking been there it should have been a really good gain.

That is a whole different story.
If the blocking is there every single running play should be a really good gain
baja is offline   Reply With Quote