The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
What's weird is, the Broncos would likely be 4th seed in the AFC right now, with Timon at the helm.

Our running game would be lights out, and the Defense would be lights out. We would kinda be like SF...who I think can beat NE handily.
Doubt this is true. We defied some serious ass odds last year to stumble to 8-8.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Did you start the wave yesterday?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
What other front office moves or strategies would you consider a complete success if they didn't result ultimately in a Super bowl? Pretty much any move that instantly gives you reasonable shot at a super bowl for a couple years should be considered a pretty fine move.
True, but now that we have 2 SB wins the only thing I see as a success is another one. That should be the standard always am I wrong? 2nd place sucks we've had plenty of those.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
What's weird is, the Broncos would likely be 4th seed in the AFC right now, with Timon at the helm.

Our running game would be lights out, and the Defense would be lights out. We would kinda be like SF...who I think can beat NE handily.
Theres broncos players who just said they would still be fighting for the west title in week 17 had he still been here. That ain't a future
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm sorry, this is complete bull****.

You imply that the signing Manning was some ultimate retarding of future success in the name of some remote shot at present glory. What future did we mortgage to sign Manning? If he left tomorrow, how would we be any worse off? How was this year's draft class some reflection on him?

Isn't the goal to win championships every year? Isn't getting arguably the greatest QB to ever play tha game a great step in that direction. You make it seem like there were two equal paths there.

There was only Plan A. Plan B would be to wallow in mediocrity
Not to mention there is nobody in the universe better to teach Osweiler the mental side of playing QB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
True, but now that we have 2 SB wins the only thing I see as a success is another one. That should be the standard always am I wrong? 2nd place sucks we've had plenty of those.
Personally I'd much rather have a double digit win season and some playoff success, even if not a SB, than have to endure a season that mirrors the chiefs chargers or raiders.

We're 2 years out from being the worst team in the league. Just 2 years have happened and they are in SB talks. People estimated it would take 3-5 years to clean up McDaniels mess. I'd say its a success already.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I'm sorry, this is complete bull****.

You imply that the signing Manning was some ultimate retarding of future success in the name of some remote shot at present glory. What future did we mortgage to sign Manning? If he left tomorrow, how would we be any worse off? How was this year's draft class some reflection on him?

Isn't the goal to win championships every year? Isn't getting arguably the greatest QB to ever play tha game a great step in that direction. You make it seem like there were two equal paths there.

There was only Plan A. Plan B would be to wallow in mediocrity
That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
You guys brought Tebow into this discussion not me. I'm over it.
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #34
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Manning has more then two years of football left in him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #35
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

The bottom line is I'm a Diehard Broncos Fan. I was wrong about Manning, frankly I still can't believe how well he's played. I fully expected to get spanked for admitting it, I'm glad I was wrong. I want a winner as bad as any Broncos Fan and a SB win even worse.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
The draft probably would have went the exact same, exact Elway and Fox wouldn't have had the balls to draft Wolfe without Del Rio. They probably choose Reyes or Worthy.
I don't know about this. They did pick Von Miller. Who knows a good defensive guy better than an a guy who had to play against them...Elway.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That's easy to say now but there was a lot of doubt about this move going in and I don't believe it was unfounded or crazy at all. All of us want the same result here, we can agree on that.
1) I didnt doubt it for a second

2) I still dont see why its an epic failure if he doesnt win a super bowl. You speak as if there was another path that also could have gotten us there. There wasn't. This was it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Jekyll15Hyde is on my ignore list, he must be a real hater. I can't remember who you are but thanks for making my list.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #39
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Jekyll15Hyde is on my ignore list, he must be a real hater. I can't remember who you are but thanks for making my list.
Awwwww... That makes me happy
Jekyll15Hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #40
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
1) I didnt doubt it for a second

2) I still dont see why its an epic failure if he doesnt win a super bowl. You speak as if there was another path that also could have gotten us there. There wasn't. This was it.
Congrats you're right I'm wrong. There could have been another path but we'll never know what it was or if it would've worked. Turns out this worked pretty well, that's great. What more do you want from me? A public execution?

I don't totally agree with you that's all. It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
The whole draft of 2012 would have been different had Manning not signed.
Manning doesn't cost anything. His 19 mil goes farther than that spent on FA and picks.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #42
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Personally I'd much rather have a double digit win season and some playoff success, even if not a SB, than have to endure a season that mirrors the chiefs chargers or raiders.

We're 2 years out from being the worst team in the league. Just 2 years have happened and they are in SB talks. People estimated it would take 3-5 years to clean up McDaniels mess. I'd say its a success already.
This. No matter what this season is a success for me and the team. I hate the hypocracy of mojo with "I am wrong..." only to be followed by a huge BUT statement "the season and the signing of Manning can't be considered a success unless we win a super bowl". So what you are really saying is you aren't wrong until we win the Superbowl.

F that opinion. Icing on the cake if we go that far. We were 5-11 team last year that got 3 of the luckiest wins in football. I have enjoyed every game this year, I have believed we could win every one. I never felt that way last year.

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under but go back until you learn to appreciate things more.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #43
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Manning doesn't cost anything. His 19 mil goes farther than that spent on FA and picks.
Again... yes, yes and still more yes. In hindsight it was brilliant but no one can say for sure that this team would be were it is today. Many fans hoped it would be so but didn't know it was a lock, that's BS. I still can't believe they clinched in Week 12, this season is one of the greatest stories in the history of the franchise. I'm totally on board. GO BRONCOS!!! GO MANNING!!

Last edited by Mile High Mojoe; 12-03-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #44
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
This. No matter what this season is a success for me and the team. I hate the hypocracy of mojo with "I am wrong..." only to be followed by a huge BUT statement "the season and the signing of Manning can't be considered a success unless we win a super bowl". So what you are really saying is you aren't wrong until we win the Superbowl.

F that opinion. Icing on the cake if we go that far. We were 5-11 team last year that got 3 of the luckiest wins in football. I have enjoyed every game this year, I have believed we could win every one. I never felt that way last year.

I don't know what rock you crawled out from under but go back until you learn to appreciate things more.
Again I'll repeat this... "It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?"

I want a SB win, Manning was brought in to get us one, if he doesn't he hasn't achieved what he was brought in to do. Call it a partial success or a failure but winning it all has to be why he's here.

Since my heart failure I've decided that engaging in hate filled conversations isn't going to improve the quality of my life. If it makes some of you feel better about yourselves to attack me personally have at it, I won't return it now, I can't.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #45
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Congrats you're right I'm wrong. There could have been another path but we'll never know what it was or if it would've worked. Turns out this worked pretty well, that's great. What more do you want from me? A public execution?

I don't totally agree with you that's all. It's simple, I love the Broncos and I want them to win, win it all. That's all I can say. That's the way I've felt all of my life, what more is there?
I think we're all in agreement that we want to win it all, i just dont see why it would be a greater failure if we dont. (as opposed to any other path)
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #46
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

This thread sucks.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #47
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I think we're all in agreement that we want to win it all, i just dont see why it would be a greater failure if we dont. (as opposed to any other path)
In those words it sounds better. I'll agree with you, I mean this sincerely now you're right.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #48
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Still...Manning must produce a championship, settling for anything less now won't do. The measure of greatness is not just division titles but playoff victories in combination with winning the last game of the season. Manning has maybe 2 good years left then we'll have to retool the offense all over again. So this short cut must pay off, it's the whole reason he was signed in the first place. I'm positive that Bowlen, Elway and Fox expect nothing less as well.
'
Maybe I missed something but why would we have to retool?

Everyone on the offense is young save maybe Ma Gahee, the receivers can still run routes, cathe the ball and run with it afterwards.
The OL still can block for runs and passing and last but not least RBs still carry the ball.

The only thing different is Manning will not be calling the plays in the play book.

Let's hope that Brock learns from his mentor and carries on, probably why John Drafted him. To learn and be ready when our HOF QB retires.

Nothing to retool.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #49
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm not sure what you mean about "retool" the offense in 2 years. We have some awesome young WR's, some nice young OLmen. Why don't you just say, we'll have to get another QB in 2 years. Well, I think that's the whole idea of grooming Brock is it not? He's got a 3 year window to learn behind Peyton (this year and 2 more, IMO).

I completely disagree with you that the entire offense needs to be retooled when Manning retires.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #50
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Manning has more then two years of football left in him.
Well it's wrong to say he doesn't but it's also foolish to say he does. You don't really know when QB's get to this age. He could play 2 more seasons after this year, maybe 3, I highly doubt 4 and I would say absolutely No Way to 5.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote