The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #51
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Did anything count the number of times a 2nd and 1 became 2nd and 11 or 3rd and 4. Either by penalty or more concerning the A gap on teh right side was completely getting blown up. It was not pretty

Also one run Knowshown actaully stop his run to the right. Never in my 15 years at Mile High have a ever seen a RB completely stop

Moreno did not grab the one 3rd and 1 he had to do. He had a 3rd and 4 where he fell down and Manning threw the ball to him.

Most of Moreno's 3 yard screen passes came on first or 2nd down

Willis is not coming back anytime soon but he runs with a style that manning needs to keep the chains rolling.

Ughhhh.....Not quite.

Knowshon did not fall down. He was thrown down by whoever that tampa LB was. He was within 5 yards so it was a perfectly legal play, but the defender dropped knowshon and then went after peyton. Peyton then threw a pass at knowshon while on the ground. Not sure if he figured knowshon would catch it or not, but it was funny watching them smirk afterwards.

Still, the whole knowshon falls down all the time thing is crazy and people only see what they want to see.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #52
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Did you miss all of last season?

Over his entire career so far, Matt Prater is statistically the best 4th quarter and OT clutch kicker in NFL history. He's the least of my worries in big spots.
I hear ya, but he's now missed a FG in 4 straight games, and missed 3 of his last 5 attempts. Right at this moment I'm not all that comfortable.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #53
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I hear ya, but he's now missed a FG in 4 straight games, and missed 3 of his last 5 attempts. Right at this moment I'm not all that comfortable.
For 40-49 3 for 7 last year 2 for 5 (I think but its not good) this year so yeah there is caused for concern with Prater.

Make that FG yesterday and it's 34-13 and the game is over
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #54
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Moreno had a Jeckle and Hyde day. Good on one play his old slipping on the grass, lose shoe self on the next.
Agree to some extent. Many of the off plays Moreno had was because there were defensive players in the backfield. That's what they do, they sell out against the run and suffer against the pass. I know coaches say "we want to run the ball" and you do but you take what the defense is going to give you.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #55
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Ughhhh.....Not quite.

Knowshon did not fall down. He was thrown down by whoever that tampa LB was. He was within 5 yards so it was a perfectly legal play, but the defender dropped knowshon and then went after peyton. Peyton then threw a pass at knowshon while on the ground. Not sure if he figured knowshon would catch it or not, but it was funny watching them smirk afterwards.

Still, the whole knowshon falls down all the time thing is crazy and people only see what they want to see.
Yeah, actually the defender pushed Moreno in the back. How is that not a penalty?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #56
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Ughhhh.....Not quite.

That play while not the prettiest was my favorite play of the game because it showed the incredible quick thinking cerebral ability that Peyton Manning brings to the game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #57
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Agree to some extent. Many of the off plays Moreno had was because there were defensive players in the backfield. That's what they do, they sell out against the run and suffer against the pass. I know coaches say "we want to run the ball" and you do but you take what the defense is going to give you.
Yes I did see that as well but there was some plays where he just slipped on his cuts and he did throw a shoe again. I just wonder if he has the best footwear for him, such an easy thing to fix if true.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
3.45 ypc isn't good enough to get it done against teams the Broncos will meet in the playoffs.
No. But it is good enough when you discount the plays at the end of the game just to kill clock. He was over 4.0 YPC up to that point.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, actually the defender pushed Moreno in the back. How is that not a penalty?
my guess is because he was within 5 yards of the LOS, but im going off of memory now so I am not sure? Maybe the refs just missed it.

Baja- Im with you, actually my two favorite manning plays this year have been the San Diego hurdle and the knowshon ass pass from last game. Just incredibly good plays that really should not have worked but did. I was actually just looking on youtube for some highlights of the broncos for those plays.

Sadly, I found none.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #60
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
No. But it is good enough when you discount the plays at the end of the game just to kill clock. He was over 4.0 YPC up to that point.
Yeah, I was following his YPC all along on ESPN GameCast...I think he was averaging 4.3 ypc until the last drive.

Of course, the Offenses inability to do jack diddly with the rock in the last 3 minutes of the game, is why the Bucs were able to keep it close.

He did have a 4 yard run on first down of the last Offensive possesion (which is good). I think Moreno and Hillman can do it, with a continued emphasis on Offensive balance, and complete games.

If the Broncos Offense was able to pick up a first down with 3:23 left...we're looking at a blow-out, which is what it should have been.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #61
Stan
Just Drafted

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think there is such thing as a block to the back when you are on defense is there? Also it was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #62
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
1) slow, sloppy starts (can't start this way against elite teams)
The interesting thing about this is that it also goes to show that the coaching staff seems to be able to make adjustments on the fly on both offense and defense.

A real weakness I see with the defense was obvious in the first few drives of this game and the Carolina game in particular, which is teams getting huge gains on misdirection plays, screens and wide off tackle runs or sweeps with cutback lanes. This team is taught to aggressively go after the ball and it does, sometimes to its detriment. Unfortunately for TB and CAR, they couldn't keep up the pace and after a couple of scripted drives, they couldn't do much on offense after that.

My concern is New England and Houston will be able to consistently keep the defense off balance with these types of plays and and take advantage throughout the game. We've seen them do it to this defense already.
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #63
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I was following his YPC all along on ESPN GameCast...I think he was averaging 4.3 ypc until the last drive.

Of course, the Offenses inability to do jack diddly with the rock in the last 3 minutes of the game, is why the Bucs were able to keep it close.

He did have a 4 yard run on first down of the last Offensive possesion (which is good). I think Moreno and Hillman can do it, with a continued emphasis on Offensive balance, and complete games.

If the Broncos Offense was able to pick up a first down with 3:23 left...we're looking at a blow-out, which is what it should have been.
31-16 with 2:49 left is close? We are not the Detroit Lions. We have a defense and an offense

Prater needs to make his kick and/or Moore needs to catch his INTs that is the reason why it was a one score game but really the game was never in doubt

Right there is 6 points and either 34-16 or 31-13 (not 31-16) take your pick
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #64
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I got no complaints, really.

My biggest concern is still that people stay healthy. That's usually what it comes down to for most teams in the playoffs.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
31-16 with 2:49 left is close? We are not the Detroit Lions. We have a defense and an offense

Prater needs to make his kick and/or Moore needs to catch his INTs that is the reason why it was a one score game but really the game was never in doubt

Right there is 6 points and either 34-16 or 31-13 (not 31-16) take your pick
Also left a bunch of points on the field with Manning's INT (in FG range), and penalties forcing another drive out of FG range.

Looking for improvement where it can be had. Picking up 1st downs late in the game, with the lead, while running out the clock, is pretty vital. The Bronco SB teams had that ability, this team doesn't...yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #66
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
3.45 ypc isn't good enough to get it done against teams the Broncos will meet in the playoffs.
Our ypc went down after we ran up the gut like 5 times in a row in order to burn clock. Plus mannings -1 yard kneels hurt the stats.

During the game when it was competitive, we ran just fine.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #67
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Also left a bunch of points on the field with Manning's INT (in FG range), and penalties forcing another drive out of FG range.

Looking for improvement where it can be had. Picking up 1st downs late in the game, with the lead, while running out the clock, is pretty vital. The Bronco SB teams had that ability, this team doesn't...yet.
We seem to have fixed the fumbles now this should be the list topper of things to work on.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #68
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Who cares what the 98 Broncos did . It's irrelvalant to today,
Manning was going for the jugular and made a bad pass. Elway did the same thing in the SB against the Packers.. This is the best team since the '98 team and only 1 of 4 teams in the NFL with a 100+ point differentail and teh only one with a negative turnover

I already pointed out 19 straight games with a turnover is a area of improvement but really take your pick SF,Balt, Hou, Pitts, Atl all these teams have had a stinker of a game (a loss or a bad rule that should have been a loss) in the last 2-3 weeks. You can't say that about Denver yet these are the team that everyone says are the Super Bowl contenders. NE only beat a 5 win MIA team by one score with a rookie QB

Ball misses a block and that guy tackles Holliday from behind . Bowers defelcted a pass to Tamme with 4:46 to go on 3rd and 4 at the TB 29. Tamme could have walked into the end zone. Stuff happens but Denver could have hung 45 on TB even with it's run game where it was yesterday

I'm just enjoying this 7 game ride

Last edited by CEH; 12-03-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #69
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Who cares what the 98 Broncos did . It's irrelvalant to today,
Manning was going for the jugular and made a bad pass. Elway did the same thing in the SB against the Packers.. This is the best team since the '98 team and only 1 of 4 teams in the NFL with a 100+ point differentail and teh only one with a negative turnover
Take the pressure off Manning in every way possible, try to eliminate all weaknesses and build them into strengths. It's called working towards perfection.

Or you could just let all the pressure to win games ride on the 36 year-old Manning's arm tossing 38 pass attempts per game, and be happy with a bottom third rushing attack. I'm sure Manning would love to play 4 more years that way.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #70
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Take the pressure off Manning in every way possible, try to eliminate all weaknesses and build them into strengths. It's called working towards perfection.

Or you could just let all the pressure to win games ride on the 36 year-old Manning's arm tossing 38 pass attempts per game, and be happy with a bottom third rushing attack. I'm sure Manning would love to play 4 more years that way.
Good luck with that search for perfection

If I remember correctly a couple years ago NE beat NYJ 45-3 (a perfect game for NE) and then lost to the same team 3 weeks later in the playoffs. Perfection is hard to achieve

It's a passing league now. Ray Rice has like no touches in the 4th qtr of their game with Pitts.

Last edited by CEH; 12-03-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #71
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Ball misses a block and that guy tackles Holliday from behind . Bowers defelcted a pass to Tamme with 4:46 to go on 3rd and 4 at the TB 29. Tamme could have walked into the end zone. Stuff happens but Denver could have hung 45 on TB even with it's run game where it was yesterday
I gives two craps about TB. They are yesterday's news. The Broncos are in the playoffs.

The Broncos are hankering for a Superbowl, with a chip on their shoulder. It's mother effing GO TIME...and they have 4 weeks to prepare for the tournament.

This team is close...very close, and it might be our best chance in the next 15 years.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #72
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
I gives two craps about TB. They are yesterday's news. The Broncos are in the playoffs.

The Broncos are hankering for a Superbowl, with a chip on their shoulder. It's mother effing GO TIME...and they have 4 weeks to prepare for the tournament.

This team is close...very close, and it might be our best chance in the next 15 years.
Starting to think of how 1996 season ended. Please not that....
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #73
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

It was first and ten from the Bucs 40 when Manning threw pick. That is a hell of a kick for a guy struggling of late.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #74
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Good luck with that search for perfection

If I remember correctly a couple years ago NE beat NYJ 45-3 (a perfect game for NE) and then lost to the same team 3 weeks later in the playoffs. Perfection is hard to achieve

It's a passing league now. Ray Rice has like no touches in the 4th qtr of their game with Pitts.
NE hasn't won a SuperBowl since 2005, because they always have glaring weaknesses, and have failed to execute on the biggest stage.

And if you think "it's a passing league now", I would encourage you to take a gander at the 250-yard shellacking that NE trampled us for earlier this year. You give Brady the ball down one score with 3 minutes left, and he'll make you regret it.

Running the ball, and stopping the run are important. If you can only do one, or neither, you will lose.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #75
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It was first and ten from the Bucs 40 when Manning threw pick. That is a hell of a kick for a guy struggling of late.
Lavonte David picked it off at the 25 yard line.