The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #251
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think both the lovers and haters acknowledge his shoeless moments.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #252
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I think there is a good chance we're going to see Moreno only get stronger with more time as the starter. Tampa Bay has an outstanding front seven when it comes to stopping the run and Moreno was respectable against them all day. There's a big game waiting in the wings if he stays healthy and keeps up his new found focus. I'm just hoping we see it in a game that counts, not against the Raiders or Browns.
Doug Martin broke off 250 against the Raiders. Knowshon should be able to at least break 100.

Actually, both Moreno and Hillman should be able to carve up those guys rather easily. I think the Raiders game is a good barometer to see what the Denver RB's are capable of.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #253
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Moreno fully healthy(which i'm not so sure he is quite yet) gives us a more complete back and a fit that Manning is used to.
he's a good blocker, really good receiving threat(though he seriously needs to stop looking up field before making the catch.) and has been making some nice runs since his return.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #254
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think both the lovers and haters acknowledge his shoeless moments.
Did he have another one yesterday?
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #255
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Did he have another one yesterday?
Yes. I can't count how many times on posts during the past few years I've commented on how many times per year this guy loses a shoe. He loses a shoe more often then Kuper loses his helmet (I think it's Kuper who gets his lid knocked off every other game, maybe it was a different lineman, not sure now).
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #256
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

I can almost guarantee he loses his shoe slightly less than Nate Webster lost his helmet.
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #257
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yes. I can't count how many times on posts during the past few years I've commented on how many times per year this guy loses a shoe. He loses a shoe more often then Kuper loses his helmet (I think it's Kuper who gets his lid knocked off every other game, maybe it was a different lineman, not sure now).
Interesting

So on 2nd and 4 he gets 3 yards and loses his shoe. Then he comes out for a play and now on 3rd and one our supossly best RB is not on the field.

Anyone see a problem with that? I hate that he loses his shoe evey game.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #258
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Interesting

So on 2nd and 4 he gets 3 yards and loses his shoe. Then he comes out for a play and now on 3rd and one our supossly best RB is not on the field.

That's when I blame coaching.

They should have a team signal when Moreno loses his shoe, so that some guy who's coming off the field anyway fakes an injury and buys enough time for him to fix it.

That or just call a damn timeout if it's a really crucial play.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #259
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post
I can almost guarantee he loses his shoe slightly less than Nate Webster lost his helmet.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #260
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Doug Martin broke off 250 against the Raiders. Knowshon should be able to at least break 100.

Actually, both Moreno and Hillman should be able to carve up those guys rather easily. I think the Raiders game is a good barometer to see what the Denver RB's are capable of.
The Raiders aren't a good rushing team, I agree, but what Martin did to them is an extreme outlier and it's a divisional rivalry game. The Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs just watched us clinch our division earlier than any of them have in YEARS. They'll be fired up and looking to make a statement against us. I don't expect us to run a train on their defense, they'll show up with a whole lot of fight in them.

What I'd like to see is a solid 4+ YPC and just a glimpse of bigger plays to come, running or passing. A 20 yard run off tackle here, a 25 yard screen pass there, just signs that Moreno will be something more than the steady ~4 yards per carry, ~6.5 yards per catch guy we know he already is.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #261
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't know why he doesn't tape his shoes/ankles. Would keep them from coming off
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #262
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I don't know why he doesn't tape his shoes/ankles. Would keep them from coming off
Probably cuts off the blood supply to his brain.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #263
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
The Raiders aren't a good rushing team, I agree, but what Martin did to them is an extreme outlier and it's a divisional rivalry game. The Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs just watched us clinch our division earlier than any of them have in YEARS. They'll be fired up and looking to make a statement against us. I don't expect us to run a train on their defense, they'll show up with a whole lot of fight in them.

What I'd like to see is a solid 4+ YPC and just a glimpse of bigger plays to come, running or passing. A 20 yard run off tackle here, a 25 yard screen pass there, just signs that Moreno will be something more than the steady ~4 yards per carry, ~6.5 yards per catch guy we know he already is.
I agree that none of the remaining games are going to be easy. And I agree that both Moreno and Hillman need to establish themselves as 4.0 ypc RB's consistently. Hopefully both Moreno and Hillman can hit their stride in these 4 remaining games against bottom third run Defenses, so we can get some momentum rushing the ball going into the playoffs. These OL need all the run blocking work they can get. The situation couldn't be better.

Decker and Dreesen also need to establish themselves as more reliable targets/blockers.

I like where the Defense is headed. They are eliminating weaknesses. The more they play together the better they get.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #264
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Can't say I blame him. When I played I hated taping my ankles. I am relatively flatfooted, and it is incredible uncomfortable. I prefer a looser fit with my shoes as a result as well (cleats included). That said, I doubt he pay for his shoes. I'm sure he could get a shoe with a wider fit that actually stays on his feet....assuming he has the same aversion to the taping as I do.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #265
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Interesting

In addition, his shoe loss meant he had to run to the sidelines during a hurry up offense. By rule if the offense substitutes, the defense must be allowed to as well, prompting an official to step in between Manning and Koppen preventing an immediate snap.

Wonder what Peyton's gonna say if it happens when he's trying to catch 12 men on the field?
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #266
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I agree that none of the remaining games are going to be easy. And I agree that both Moreno and Hillman need to establish themselves as 4.0 ypc RB's consistently. Hopefully both Moreno and Hillman can hit their stride in these 4 remaining games against bottom third run Defenses, so we can get some momentum rushing the ball going into the playoffs. These OL need all the run blocking work they can get. The situation couldn't be better.

Decker and Dreesen also need to establish themselves as more reliable targets/blockers.

I like where the Defense is headed. They are eliminating weaknesses. The more they play together the better they get.
I'd say that Moreno has established himself as such a RB, but like most RBs that comes with a mix of 0-2 yard gains paired up with a mix of 5-8 yard gains. What he needs to do is show a way in which he can break off a 20+ yard play with some regularity (by that I mean about once a week). One big play he can give this team to help win on top of his yeoman's effort the rest of the game. That is what we need him to deliver, a little extra spark. McGahee had that, he could be mired in a 15 carry, 50 yard game with no real good runs all day and suddenly bull rush his way to a 25 yard run for a critical first down. We need Moreno to show that.

It doesn't need to be a run, it can come on a pass too, where he's historically most effective. That is what he needs to start showing though for this offense to really take the next step. Him (or Hillman) becoming another weapon Manning can get a big play or two out of week to week.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #267
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
I'd say that Moreno has established himself as such a RB, but like most RBs that comes with a mix of 0-2 yard gains paired up with a mix of 5-8 yard gains. What he needs to do is show a way in which he can break off a 20+ yard play with some regularity (by that I mean about once a week). One big play he can give this team to help win on top of his yeoman's effort the rest of the game. That is what we need him to deliver, a little extra spark. McGahee had that, he could be mired in a 15 carry, 50 yard game with no real good runs all day and suddenly bull rush his way to a 25 yard run for a critical first down. We need Moreno to show that.

It doesn't need to be a run, it can come on a pass too, where he's historically most effective. That is what he needs to start showing though for this offense to really take the next step. Him (or Hillman) becoming another weapon Manning can get a big play or two out of week to week.
Good analysis. You're right. For this Offense to take the next step, they need more production from the RB position. A big play threat, would eliminate opposing Defenses ability to only play 6 in the box (like the Chiefs did). The RB swing pass may become crucial for success if Defenses are able to throttle the Broncos rushing Offense.

Manning had to be shaking his head after Lance Ball pin-balled backwards, forcing Manning to complete a backwards pass 8 yards behind the LOS.

Both Moreno and Hillman have so little wear on them this year, that they should be able to finish the season running with authority and confidence.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #268
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Thought Moreno looked good the last few weeks, at least comparable to McGahee. He looks like a solid enough NFL RB to me, Joseph Addai comes to mind. Nothing great, but easily good enough to win with.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #269
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
He cant afford to lose any amount of speed.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #270
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Thought Moreno looked good the last few weeks, at least comparable to McGahee. He looks like a solid enough NFL RB to me, Joseph Addai comes to mind. Nothing great, but easily good enough to win with.
If KM is going to continue to be comparable to Willis he needs to have a 120 yard game next week. McGahee had 2 bad games in a row vs Carolina and Cincy but he was having a great day vs SD (7 carries for 55 yards) when he got hurt, I posted in the game day thread that Willis was poised for a 150+ game if he kept it up all day.

Waiting for KM to have a big day, he could have yet this year as we play KFC at home. Maybe he can have his 3rd 100 yard game in his 4 year career!

I just want to see him be consistent and get better every week, let PM and the D control the games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #271
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Can't say I blame him. When I played I hated taping my ankles. I am relatively flatfooted, and it is incredible uncomfortable. I prefer a looser fit with my shoes as a result as well (cleats included). That said, I doubt he pay for his shoes. I'm sure he could get a shoe with a wider fit that actually stays on his feet....assuming he has the same aversion to the taping as I do.
Is it always the same foot? Anybody notice? Maybe he has one foot smaller that the other and needs to wear two different size shoes.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #272
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If KM is going to continue to be comparable to Willis he needs to have a 120 yard game next week. McGahee had 2 bad games in a row vs Carolina and Cincy but he was having a great day vs SD (7 carries for 55 yards) when he got hurt, I posted in the game day thread that Willis was poised for a 150+ game if he kept it up all day.

Waiting for KM to have a big day, he could have yet this year as we play KFC at home. Maybe he can have his 3rd 100 yard game in his 4 year career!

I just want to see him be consistent and get better every week, let PM and the D control the games.

I love how everyone always cherry picks those stats. Actually in almost every game he has had 15 touches he has had over 100 total yards. Yet, for some reason when knowshon catches those passes for yards they are not applicable. MJD, Mccoy, Rice, Foster, Sproles, they all are fine. But knowshon has to only do it by running otherwise they dont count.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #273
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Is it always the same foot? Anybody notice? Maybe he has one foot smaller that the other and needs to wear two different size shoes.
That may explain why it looks like he's on skates when he tries to cut upfield when running to his left.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #274
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I love how everyone always cherry picks those stats. Actually in almost every game he has had 15 touches he has had over 100 total yards. Yet, for some reason when knowshon catches those passes for yards they are not applicable. MJD, Mccoy, Rice, Foster, Sproles, they all are fine. But knowshon has to only do it by running otherwise they dont count.
The majority of people who keep hating on Knowshon are the ones living in the past, incessantly griping about him being a 12th overall selection by Josh McDaniels. "But, but we could have Orakpo, etc." Who the **** cares who we could have had? It is water under the bridge. GET OVER IT. Knowshon is never going to live up to the bill of being an elite running back, so people should just let that go.

Just hope he can continue to contribute in a solid manner for this team gonig forward. They seem to be utilizing him more in the passing game, which is refreshing. Split him out wide. He can catch the ball. Interior blocking in the run game still isn't up to par, nor was it when he was in his rookie and sophomore campaigns with us. Last year he blew out his knee and took a while to recover and become more explosive.

Instead of crapping on the guy, we should be hoping he can continue to progress and do a more effective job. But no, the OM would rather complain about how he does his shoes or if he trips and falls down. Notice how the posters bagging on Knowshon never have an opinion on the OL play. Haters gonna hate. All some people wanna do is bring a guy down.

NEver look Down on Someone Unless You're picknig them up or adjusting the drivers Seat. -- unwritten book of the rOad
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #275
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

He sucks.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote