The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #226
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I love how that one TD against the Raiders has all of a sudden turned into "every run of more than 2 yards". You haters really need to quit it with the myth spreading.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #227
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I see him rollin. I'm hatin.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #228
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I love how that one TD against the Raiders has all of a sudden turned into "every run of more than 2 yards". You haters really need to quit it with the myth spreading.
You don't get rep for stupid dancing by doing it one time. I don't mind his ass dancing in endzone as long as its not in worst home loss in history.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #229
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You don't get rep for stupid dancing by doing it one time.
Please. It's a Mane specialty.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #230
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You don't get rep for stupid dancing by doing it one time. I don't mind his ass dancing in endzone as long as its not in worst home loss in history.
Why not? It's still a game, one that only KM seem to care for. The team folded after the first qtr. Why take offense by a player showing passion for what he is doing while the rest of the team is sulking up thinking probably about the next season? I would be way more offended by the attitude of the rest of the team that that of KM like somebody else stated in this thread.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #231
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Elway in th SB and and KM getting a first down?
Both were 45 point losses clown....only one was on the biggest stage in the world.

I'd argue that losing 55-10 in the SB is worse than getting beat 59-14 at home in a regular season game....only Broncos and Raiders fans remember that raping.....but the entire NFL watching world remembers the SB stomping.

Last edited by errand; 12-02-2012 at 10:54 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #232
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hey guys just got in to watch the game--how is Moreno looking today?
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #233
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
He's doing fine in my opinion.

As long as he doesn't fumble the ball and can pick up over 4 yards a carry that's more than good enough, keep the defenses honest and hopefully give Manning some opportunities of play action.

We haven't missed McGahee at all so far IMO, which has been a very pleasant surprise to me.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #234
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeledude View Post
He lost a shoe early.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #235
Nwp-Apap

He did well today, especially when you consider he ran against the #1 rush defense in terms of both total yardage, and YPC.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #236
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
He did well today, especially when you consider he ran against the #1 rush defense in terms of both total yardage, and YPC.
20 carries for 69 yards 3.5 avg......and had 14 yards receiving too. 83 total yards...not bad considering the Bucs D played pretty damn good for most of the game.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #237
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Moreno did exactly what we needed him to do. Despite the dropped pass, lost shoe, and the occasional dance, he put his head down, didn't fumble, and got some tough yards against an excellent run defense.

As long as he can stay healthy, I will have no worries going forward.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #238
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Moreno earned another start. Was he great? No. However he ran hard between the tackles, kept his pad level low and grinded out some tough yards. He also had a nice 3rd down catch from a seated position, one of the better individual efforts of the day. The kid just doesn't have dynamic abilities in space or above average acceleration and he probably never will; but we've gotta keep going with him. He's basically Sammy Winder only with better hands. I do think that they need to get Hillman more than 5 touches, but once again you saw Manning grabbing him by the arm and rag dolling him around so he knew where to line up.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #239
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
20 carries for 69 yards 3.5 avg......and had 14 yards receiving too. 83 total yards...not bad considering the Bucs D played pretty damn good for most of the game.
And that includes 5 carries for 4 yards when we were basically just running out the clock and Tampa's D was ready to stop the run on every play. He would have met his 4.2-4.3 YPC average if it wasn't for the junk time stats.

He's doing his job on the ground, grinding out positive yardage. He's solid in pass pro and makes a great escape valve for Manning. We'll have to see if the consistent playing time he should receive going forward will be enough for the light to fully click on and for him to break some bigger games.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #240
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
And that includes 5 carries for 4 yards when we were basically just running out the clock and Tampa's D was ready to stop the run on every play. He would have met his 4.2-4.3 YPC average if it wasn't for the junk time stats.

He's doing his job on the ground, grinding out positive yardage. He's solid in pass pro and makes a great escape valve for Manning. We'll have to see if the consistent playing time he should receive going forward will be enough for the light to fully click on and for him to break some bigger games.
If the middle of our O-line wasn't so Charmin soft, All the RB's would look much better. There was a defensive player in the backfield on at least half the attempted runs.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 AM   #241
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He looks ok! Nothing special and certainly not a former first rounder. He may be on the level of Mark Ingram when all said and done.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #242
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
He looks ok! Nothing special and certainly not a former first rounder. He may be on the level of Mark Ingram when all said and done.
You mean former first rounder Mark Ingram?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
If the middle of our O-line wasn't so Charmin soft, All the RB's would look much better. There was a defensive player in the backfield on at least half the attempted runs.
Is what it is, the OL is still overall pretty young and Kuper is still likely not 100%. The fact is, they pass block damn well and that is more important.

Moreno right now is doing exactly what he's supposed to with our OL. Minimize losses when the OL does allow a jailbreak into the backfield and take the openings you're given for consistent positive yardage. Other than that step up in pass pro when needed and keep at it on every other pass play as Manning's safety net.

I think there is a good chance we're going to see Moreno only get stronger with more time as the starter. Tampa Bay has an outstanding front seven when it comes to stopping the run and Moreno was respectable against them all day. There's a big game waiting in the wings if he stays healthy and keeps up his new found focus. I'm just hoping we see it in a game that counts, not against the Raiders or Browns.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 AM   #243
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Other than that step up in pass pro when needed and keep at it on every other pass play as Manning's safety net.
This is something that the haters will never acknowledge. They'll make fun of every little thing that happens once a game when he runs the ball (loses a shoe or trips), but will never give credit for his blitz pickup and protection. He did A TON of this yesterday. I lost count of how many times he absolutely stoned guys coming free at Manning from completely the other side of where Moreno was lined up. He recognizes every blitz and always picks up the right guy. You can't put a price tag on that, especially with our QB.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #244
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This is something that the haters will never acknowledge. They'll make fun of every little thing that happens once a game when he runs the ball (loses a shoe or trips), but will never give credit for his blitz pickup and protection. He did A TON of this yesterday. I lost count of how many times he absolutely stoned guys coming free at Manning from completely the other side of where Moreno was lined up. He recognizes every blitz and always picks up the right guy. You can't put a price tag on that, especially with our QB.
The extra weight he's put on over the course of 2011 and 2012 has definitely helped there. Moreno used to always make the right reads but would occasionally just get overwhelmed by a LB. Now he's a bit bigger and is a lot tougher when setting a block.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #245
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Mark Ingram wishes he was on Moreno's level in the pros. Moreno will have almost tripled Ingram's production in their first two seasons.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #246
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
The whole slipping and loosing a shoe thing would seem easy to fix by wearing high top shoes with different cleats.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #247
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The extra weight he's put on over the course of 2011 and 2012 has definitely helped there. Moreno used to always make the right reads but would occasionally just get overwhelmed by a LB. Now he's a bit bigger and is a lot tougher when setting a block.
Don't worry about it dude. People will come around and realize Moreno is heavily involved in the game plan and producing. He hasn't gotten back to back 20 carry games by mistake. How many of those did Willis have this year in all his starts? 3 in 11 games.Let them think about that for a second.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #248
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The whole slipping and loosing a shoe thing would seem easy to fix by wearing high top shoes with different cleats.
It's got to be a personal comfort thing. Some guys, like Eddie Mac, needed to wear shoes that were 2-3 sizes too small or he didn't feel right. Knowshon for whatever personal reason clearly prefers shoes that fit on the looser side.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #249
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
It's got to be a personal comfort thing. Some guys, like Eddie Mac, needed to wear shoes that were 2-3 sizes too small or he didn't feel right. Knowshon for whatever personal reason clearly prefers shoes that fit on the looser side.
The Bronco trainers should really have him consult with a shoe expert. Obviously the slips are costly but so are the losing the shoe thing. He has to come out for a play sometimes at inopportune times to reshoe.

Personal preference is fine but when it starts to cost production it needs to be changed.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #250
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Maybe you guys should just change what kind of shoes he wears on Madden. I go with a high cut Nike on my left foot, a low cut generic on my right.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote