The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #201
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

You know noothin

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Knowshon Moreno was benched and replaced by the youngest player in the entire NFL
No, he wasnt
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #202
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Moreno has only had two one-hundred yard games in 2.5+ seasons of starting games. Both were against Kansas City. You're right, he has had other good games, but when it comes to running the football the KC games are the only ones I can think of where he looked like a running back taken at #12.

Wow, cool stats. Let's start with this one. Well, I'd hate to point out the obvious difference here, but well, here we go: McGahee was over 30 when he got to Denver. And, you arguing via statistics, naturally limited the years there so as to avoid showing Moreno's lost season. Regardless, you know exactly what I meant: Moreno took himself out of games. This is arguably the biggest reason he couldn't cut it and why he got demoted. He would get the rock, two-three times, limp off the field for a couple plays, and then come back on. Also, these stats are completely wrong.

No it ain't. Do not even begin to pretend that Moreno is anywhere near McGahee's level. This kind of blind apologism is ridiculous. Knowshon Moreno was benched and replaced by the youngest player in the entire NFL for a reason, and you wanna act like these two players are even close in production, talent, and everything else? Seriously? McGahee is a workhorse back who gets a lot of touches. Moreno's a scatback who takes five whenever he can. Huge difference.

If stats were everything Moreno would not have been benched (not just this year, but the past years, too). So cling to those stats all you want, but they don't represent reality. The coaches, and really anybody who actually watched the games, saw what was on the field and judged accordingly.
WTF? Who rode the bench last game? Hilman was never the backup, he has been a specialty package player up to this point. And for your workhorse reference,... you do know that Willis hasn't carried the ball 20 times all season? well,... Moreno did that in his first game back. Moreno doesn't have bad stats, he had a bad oline (system) that would get him hit behind the LOF 70% of the time. Go look Moreno's yard after contact, pretty good too.

Leave your hate or preference for another player, take off the horse shades and maybe you can see the full picture.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #203
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
naturally limited the years there so as to avoid showing Moreno's lost season.

Umm you seem to forget that McGahee was on IR his rookie season.....so does that count as a lost season?

Not to mention in 2008 he had many nagging injuries (eye, ankle, shoulder and kneee) which forced the Ravens to go to a RB by committee....and eventually cost him his job and made him expendable.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #204
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Interesting. Hopefully the added weight will help him stay healthy. The only beef i've had with him are his health and fumbling issues.
For his career, McGahee has 28 fumbles on 2159 touches (rushes and receptions) which is 1 fumble every 77 touches....by contrast Moreno has 9 fumbles on 575 touches which is 1 fumble every 64 touches.....and keep in mind almost half of his total fumbles (4) came in his rookie season.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #205
errand
Ring of Famer

and FYI for those concerned about potential cold weather games.....Moreno has 87 touches for 483 yards when the mercury dips below 40 degrees F. for a 5.6 yard average per touch.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #206
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
For his career, McGahee has 28 fumbles on 2159 touches (rushes and receptions) which is 1 fumble every 77 touches....by contrast Moreno has 9 fumbles on 575 touches which is 1 fumble every 64 touches.....and keep in mind almost half of his total fumbles (4) came in his rookie season.
Using Willis as the bar for RB fumbles is not good. He has always been known as a fumbler and Slowshon is fumbling more? I'll give him the benefit that this is his last chance but the chain is short and down to about the last link.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #207
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

OK he "stepped up his game" for KM that means he didnt fumble(thats important) and he rushed for a whopping-very average 85 yards. the fact that we have to celebrate that isnt a good thing. his career is on the the line and he Still hasnt broken a long run in four years. and you can see that he's just bursting at the seams to celebrate every first down like his touchdowns in That &^$%* historic loss to the raiders.
And Thats where i really started to Dislike that little idiot. the raider game, the freaking raiders are putting a historic loss on us At Home. and that little a-hole is dancing in the endzone. Worst bronco loss in history At Home at the idiot dances in the endzone.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #208
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
OK he "stepped up his game" for KM that means he didnt fumble(thats important) and he rushed for a whopping-very average 85 yards. the fact that we have to celebrate that isnt a good thing. his career is on the the line and he Still hasnt broken a long run in four years. and you can see that he's just bursting at the seams to celebrate every first down like his touchdowns in That &^$%* historic loss to the raiders.
And Thats where i really started to Dislike that little idiot. the raider game, the freaking raiders are putting a historic loss on us At Home. and that little a-hole is dancing in the endzone. Worst bronco loss in history At Home at the idiot dances in the endzone.
What would you rather he do, cry? I would prefer our players celebrate every one of our positive plays rather than sulk and b**** and moan. You started to dislike him because he was excited he made a play for a team that had every other player give up on the season? You started disliking him when he was the only Bronco taking pride in success? I have to ask, are you even a Bronco fan?

How is that even a reason t dislike a player? How is that a reason to call him an idiot, or an a hole. For celebrating a Bronco TD, when every other player has accepted defeat. How is celebrating a good play a reason to dislike a player? That is the most retarded thing I have ever read on the mane.. Again, I question your fandom.

And FYI, a "very average" 85 yards is above average. Also, you must add the 26 receiving yards. You wouldn't take a back that ran for 85 each game? That would be over 1300 a year, pretty above average, and then the 26 extrapolates to over 400.

One more thing, have you ever played football? Probably not competitively, but have you actually ever thrown a football around with friends? Your post tells me no. When you have success on any given play, you're gonna want to celebrate..that's not a bad thing.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #209
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Watch Moreno on the sideline if you get the chance....he celebrates EVERY successful play by the Broncos. The kids is always excited and loves playing....that isn't a negative.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #210
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So your basis for disliking Moreno was him celebrating a touchdown in a game where almost every other Bronco flat out stopped trying.

Makes a ton of sense there. Historic beat down and the one guy who's still fighting pisses you off with some dancing while the 40+ guys who flat out rolled over the entire second half apparently didn't offend you in the least.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #211
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Call me old school but Morenos celebrations after a small gain or a good run make me wonder if he has clue.

The only thing I expect from a player is to act like they have done it before and plan to do it again and again.

To me those celebrations say I did something I was not sure I could do. Regardless of who did them.

Td's mile high salute was sufficient for all Broncos fans. Classy and not in your face. Many players now emulate it today. Yet our guys feel the need to dance..

Celebrate your roots with a salute to your fans and team mates..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #212
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

It's hard to believe we have members of this board wishing ill will on Moreno and his renewed efforts. He is now a key player on this offense and an important component of our playoff run.

Go Knowshon, take advantage of the opportunity, and hopefully you've got it figured out this time!
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #213
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
It's hard to believe we have members of this board wishing ill will on Moreno and his renewed efforts. He is now a key player on this offense and an important component of our playoff run.

Go Knowshon, take advantage of the opportunity, and hopefully you've got it figured out this time!
I agree other than his custom license plates, I do not think he has done anything but TRY to be a good player for his team.

From what I have heard seems to have the players behind him

Now we have "FANS" that wish him ill, for various reasons probably the biggest was Josh took him in the draft instead of their favs.

Amost every thing else is derived from that had he been taken later in the draft 98% of his detractors would be lots more tolerant.

But they expect all top picks to be all pros. How short their memories are if that is the case, they seem to have given mikey a pass on all of his total FUBARs on day one and two.

I wish him the best and hope that he can be a bigger part of the offense.

Last edited by lonestar; 12-01-2012 at 02:01 PM..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #214
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Some people hang onto **** and root against our players to fit some agenda they developed over the years.

Bottom line, the dude is a Bronco and can help us on a potential SB run this year. I'm behind him 100%. If he stays healthy, he'll be a vital weapon for us.

Go Kno.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #215
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Some people hang onto **** and root against our players to fit some agenda they developed over the years.

Bottom line, the dude is a Bronco and can help us on a potential SB run this year. I'm behind him 100%. If he stays healthy, he'll be a vital weapon for us.

Go Kno.
Well this post is bat**** crazy...

...good
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #216
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

I like his attitude on the sideline and while he was demoted. He rose to the occasion against a very tough KC defense.....I told you clowns they would bring it.

Moreno has the talent............he may have just got the kick in the tail he needs to show it !

TB look out.............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #217
Agamemnon

I'll never get why people get so bent out of shape with the way the guy gets excited when he has a good run. That just seems to be his personality. He was known for the same stuff at Georgia. At least it shows he cares.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #218
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Using Willis as the bar for RB fumbles is not good. He has always been known as a fumbler and Slowshon is fumbling more? I'll give him the benefit that this is his last chance but the chain is short and down to about the last link.
Well McGahee is who he replaced due to injury...which is why I used him as the "bar"
Old 12-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #219
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

My source says he's no Deangelo Williams.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #220
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So I'm guessing you had a problem with Elway spiking the ball on his TD run in SBXXIV that made the score 41-10?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #221
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

NO. the Worst loss in bronco history. let me repeat it. the Worst loss in Bronco history. to the raiders. let me repeat that. to the raiders. and whos dancing? who doesnt seem to give a F about the raiders broncos thing? who wants to dance? thank god belicheat wasnt on the other side or they might have hung 100 points on us, but yay moreno scored a td so he can dance dance.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #222
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

i said congrats KM. he didnt fumble or fall off the bike in front of everybody. but Dam all the congrtas becaude he didnt f up
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #223
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
So I'm guessing you had a problem with Elway spiking the ball on his TD run in SBXXIV that made the score 41-10?
Elway in th SB and and KM getting a first down?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #224
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

holy crap, TD, Otis Armstrong, Floyd Little, and Knowshon Moreno? who doesnt belong on that list? bobby humphrey, gaston green,steve sewell.sammy winder, gerald whilite. all better than KM
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #225
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
NO. the Worst loss in bronco history. let me repeat it. the Worst loss in Bronco history. to the raiders. let me repeat that. to the raiders. and whos dancing? who doesnt seem to give a F about the raiders broncos thing? who wants to dance? thank god belicheat wasnt on the other side or they might have hung 100 points on us, but yay moreno scored a td so he can dance dance.
You are really hung up on something completely meaningless. When your hate for a player clings so desperately to something like...celebrates at time you feel it less appropriate.....the problem may be you.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote