The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #301
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Murder is murder. There is never a good reason for murder. However, to commit suicide is to do something even an amoeba is unable to do. Which is to end your own existence. That should be a definition of insanity.
When you're staring down a life sentence in a prison the rest of your life suicide becomes an option. When its a murder suicide most of the time the person kills themselves not because of the troubles of life, but rather they don't want to spend life in prison.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #302
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yes, he did......
Are you saying that he was screwed or that he didn't type anything out of line?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #303
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post



whatever would panthers fans do without their precious NFL for a day. the tragedy.
This is very funny but your comment is way off. What are you going to do, make both teams play on a Wednesday and then turn around and play on Sunday? Unfair advantage and what if it is a Patriots team getting to play a very tired and sore team 3 days after playing a game? 9/11 was a different deal because the whole league canceled games and moved the season back.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #304
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
To be honest, I know this is one of those situations where I'll start being a dick just to push back against people trying to claim that they're sincerely touched by the situation so I know I have to tread carefully to avoid going too far (not necessarily in terms of being banned but in terms of just being sensible and objective).

That all said, I particularly think people are just too reactive and wanting to cast other people as the insensitive, "classless", jerk when these football players die and people make general comments. Nobody here probably even knew the guys name before this incident, how damning could their statements really be? From the three bannings I saw, I saw 2 people going out of their way to make a shock statement (basically trolling), and one person making jokes. Then you had like 97 people coming in acting like it was the next 9/11.

9/11 shook me to my core. This incident slightly affected me more than realizing a few minutes ago that I downloaded the wrong episode of a show I wanted to watch. In today's world, there's just too many instances of this or much worse. Hell, we follow things like the Casey Anthony trial just for entertainment's sake. I have no evidence to say anyone's faking their concern here and, truly, I have no incentive to - but for the sake of arguing, I'm sticking to my opinion that I don't believe anyone really gave a damn aside from the love of drama.
I know where you are coming from. I do believe some cared. Not to the point of crying over someone they didn't know. As I said as a mother I couldn't imagine what the poor lady is going through and for a family suddenly finding out a member is gone. And I think many were just trying to make sense of a heinous act that was hard to comprehend. I wouldn't have said what cutthemdown said but didn't find it over the edge. It was CP and not because of the situation but because he was being himself, a dick just for the sake of being dick. Works both ways.

No, I don't believe I did follow the Casey Anthony trial for entertainment sake. I wanted to see the b**** crucified.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #305
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballCLE View Post
well it was his girlfriend....... the mother of his kid....... maybe he felt bad that he killed her..... emotions running wild

I know its a 1 in 100000000 chance....... but i guess its possible...
Yet you found it a ok to even make a post about it. Raiders have a 1 in 100000000 chance of winning the Super Bowl but you don't see me making a post on the possibility of it.

When you defend Josh McDaniels I thought you went all dumb**** then. You set the bar a little more with this post and the one before it.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-01-2012 at 11:40 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #306
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballCLE View Post
well it was his girlfriend....... the mother of his kid....... maybe he felt bad that he killed her..... emotions running wild

I know its a 1 in 100000000 chance....... but i guess its possible...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #307
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

They said a player from the team introduced Jovan to his girlfriend. Jovan Belcher's girlfriend is Jamaal Charles wife's cousin, so it's pretty obvious that Charles was that guy.

And Charles witnessed Belcher take his life. Can't even imagine how he is doing right now.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-01-2012 at 11:52 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #308
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,022

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
you mean like all of the people that might play in the football game tomorrow?
WHats your point? Do you think I'm rooting for the people or the team? Why I care about the team is a mystery, sure, but i guess we all need some kind of competition in our lives
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #309
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I picked up Denario Alexander from the Chargers off of waivers. Although Rivers sucks.
Picked him up in 3 of my 4 leagues, Cecil Shorts in 2 and Ty Hilton in 3.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #310
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,294

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Given what's gone on I think the NFL should do the honourable thing and let the Chiefs decide themselves whether they feel they can play today or not. Neither team has any playoff aspirations at this point so in reality it shouldn't really affect the scheduling. What do they do when there's a weather issue and the game cant go ahead, seem to remember a game a few seasons back that was switched to the Monday/Tuesday because of this.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #311
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,752

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Given what's gone on I think the NFL should do the honourable thing and let the Chiefs decide themselves whether they feel they can play today or not. Neither team has any playoff aspirations at this point so in reality it shouldn't really affect the scheduling. What do they do when there's a weather issue and the game cant go ahead, seem to remember a game a few seasons back that was switched to the Monday/Tuesday because of this.
The league did just that. Goodell met with Demaurice Smith, Pioli, and Crennell. They said that postponing the game was an option. The chiefs team captains advised that the team wanted to play.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #312
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Picked him up in 3 of my 4 leagues, Cecil Shorts in 2 and Ty Hilton in 3.
Cecil Shorts is developing into a real stud, considering the QBs who have been throwing the ball to him this season.

Shorts has a penchant for making big plays in the clutch.

He only has 36 receptions, but has 747 yards and 6 TDs....that equates to 20.8 yards per reception, which leads the AFC.

Shorts played Division III college football at Mount Union in Ohio....Pierre Garēon played there as well.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #313
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
The league did just that. Goodell met with Demaurice Smith, Pioli, and Crennell. They said that postponing the game was an option. The chiefs team captains advised that the team wanted to play.
I'm actually a very pro-Goodell guy but I get the feeling that it wasn't this nice and easy to decide for the Chiefs. I get the feeling that the NFL put the hammer down behind closed doors to keep this game going tomorrow.

It absolutely ridiculous to me that they are actually going to play this game tomorrow.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #314
ol#7
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I'm actually a very pro-Goodell guy but I get the feeling that it wasn't this nice and easy to decide for the Chiefs. I get the feeling that the NFL put the hammer down behind closed doors to keep this game going tomorrow.

It absolutely ridiculous to me that they are actually going to play this game tomorrow.

I disagree. But then again, I work for the Army, and when I was a soldier had to come to work after people I knew were killed. Sure some people got counceling, but for most you still had to get up and come to work. I have been in the middle of these situations, which sucks, but thats life.

That said, if I had tickets I wouldnt go. Wouldnt watch the game either, but I dont fault them for doing their jobs. It's a game to us, but this is their livelihood.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #315
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

He should have just killed himself and left that poor woman alone. I'd feel sorry for him if he would have just off'd himself but instead he had to be selfish.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #316
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Picked him up in 3 of my 4 leagues, Cecil Shorts in 2 and Ty Hilton in 3.
I tried to get Shorts but he was already claimed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #317
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
I think I see what you mean. It's as tho people love when other people act like a-holes just so they can be holy rollers about people acting like a-holes. I would prefer there to be no a-holes, even if that means sacrificing my self-congratulations for not acting like an a-hole. But that would also mean I don't go around looking for a-holeness in every situation I come across, especially in a medium as silly as the Mane. I'm sure many are emotionally shaken on some level. I know I am after seeing the picture of that pretty lady proudly holding her baby girl. But I don't presume everyone feels the same way I do, or grieves the same way I do, and I don't wanna exploit emotions to score feel-good points. It's sad, and someone posting disrespectful stuff online doesn't change it.

a-hole. Had to say it one last time.
I can see slapping the people who pretend like this incident will truly make a difference in their week (or lives)

But I guess I come from the old school though and draw the line in front of joking or mocking during such an unfortunate tragedy. If some calls someone a dick for that sort of behavior its probably because its true. Simple call it like you see it. Doesn't mean the incident itself wrecked their Christmas or anything.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #318
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I'm actually a very pro-Goodell guy but I get the feeling that it wasn't this nice and easy to decide for the Chiefs. I get the feeling that the NFL put the hammer down behind closed doors to keep this game going tomorrow.

It absolutely ridiculous to me that they are actually going to play this game tomorrow.
I don't see what is to terrible about playing the game. According to all stories no players witnessed the suicide and so should only be mildly affected - I think it is reasonable to expect that far from every player on the Chiefs roster had significant social or professional interaction with Belcher. Certainly none of the Panthers can be expected to have any significant history with Belcher.

Really we are talking about a handful of people who could be significantly impacted by this and most of them will not be playing any major role in the game.

When I was in grade 8, a kid I knew was beaten to death at a party outside my school on the weekend, that didn't stop people from going to school on Monday and walking by the spot where he died.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #319
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
When you're staring down a life sentence in a prison the rest of your life suicide becomes an option. When its a murder suicide most of the time the person kills themselves not because of the troubles of life, but rather they don't want to spend life in prison.
Murder-suicides also happen in countries where you would not get life for a single murder, which disproves your theory.
Most murder suicides happen as crimes of desperation, typically one party is threatening to leave and/or take the kids and the other will in desperation commit murder to prevent it - once the remorse sets in, suicide becomes the only response to atone for murdering a loved one.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #320
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

John Donne
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #321
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Amazing how we had people praising Ayers for playing the day his father died, but now want the NFL to cancel a game because a murderer killed himself.
I'm not sure I see the correlation.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #322
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I can see slapping the people who pretend like this incident will truly make a difference in their week (or lives)

But I guess I come from the old school though and draw the line in front of joking or mocking during such an unfortunate tragedy. If some calls someone a dick for that sort of behavior its probably because its true. Simple call it like you see it. Doesn't mean the incident itself wrecked their Christmas or anything.
I think this is a very sensible approach to the topic.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #323
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,267

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

It absolutely ridiculous to me that they are actually going to play this game tomorrow.
Why?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #324
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Mods, please quit giving this guy chances. He's been banned before, and WILL NOT learn...
Believe me, this screen name will never be seen on the OM again.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #325
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES
 
PaintballCLE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 3,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Yet you found it a ok to even make a post about it. Raiders have a 1 in 100000000 chance of winning the Super Bowl but you don't see me making a post on the possibility of it.

When you defend Josh McDaniels I thought you went all dumb**** then. You set the bar a little more with this post and the one before it.
BCJ...... coming from the man who owned season tickets to the san diego chargers for years and years.....Don't take everything so seriously..... but in this country (for good or bad) your innocent until proven guilty.

I studied criminal investigation, I work for the PD..... murder/suicide are backwards in most cases.... instead of trying to figure out what happened.... you try to eliminate possibilities until you get to the only thing you can't disprove then you focus on that.

Since your from Cal.. ill give u an example that you can relate to.....

OJ Simpson....

the prosecution spent all their resources on trying to prove OJ did it, instead of having evidence to eliminate other possibilities and it hurt them in the long run. They botched evidence..... and it all went to hell. He was found guilty in civil court..... in criminal court you need to exclude reasonable doubt to get a conviction...... and even though in my opinion they did, in the jurors eyes they didn't.

Let me say, do i have any evidence to support this theory...no

Do i think its a possibility.... like i said before 1 in 10000000

But let me ask you.... were u there? I dont think so

Did u see security footage inside the home? I don't think so

so then what evidence are you basing it was a straight out murder?

(notice how i said I dont think so) its because i don't have evidence one way or another to say for certain even though its 1 in 100000 chance you did see that. )

So do i THINK it was a murder.... yes........ but am i 10000000% certain? NO

John, you know i just like to bust your balls...... I don't post here often anymore....so was just throwing it out there......

with that being said.......

Onto Josh mcdaniels....

Am i defending him? no....

But i don't think he was given a fair shake...

1. I don't see too many people on here still wanting Shanny as a coach.... his w/l has been awful in recent years.....

2. I don't see too many people on here wishing we had Cutler back as our QB. In fact, many of the so called cutler lovers at that time are the ones now making fun of him crying all the time.....

3. He had Kyle Orton and Chris simms. He didn't have time to build with so many holes left from shanny...... (think defense)

4. He had the worst defense in the league when he took over, he had garbage Wr's (DT and decker were hurt), etc....

5. I hated tim tebow in college..... and still dont like him........ but we needed a qb..... and we had no shot at bradford... so lets look at the rest of the options... -tebow - clausen, mccoy, kafka, skelton, crompton, smith, lefevor, webb, pike, brown canfield, robinson......... i could make a case that even though he is garbage.......... tebow is still the best outside bradford which we couldn't get.

6. How many coaches do you know that could completely rebuild a team in 2 years (both offense and defense at almost every position)

7. the offense in NE is at an all time high...... our #4 defense even gave up 31 to them.

I think its funny how everyone hated him when we signed him..... then he starts out 6-0 and everyone is sucking his nuts....... then they turn on him again....

And most importantly..... we wouldn't have von miller or peyton manning without him.... we would still be giving up 30 pts/game under the shanny bend and break defense....

I could go on forever how he never got a fiar shake to rebuild a team....... but ill tell you what....... some team is gonna take a chance on him again... (maybe KC) and u watch when it comes back to bite us in the ass.

With that being said, I hope you dont take any of that personally BCJ......
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Denver Broncos