The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Jamison found the fountain of youth tonight. Torching the Nuggets with 33 points.

Also Stern is competing with Bettman as the worst commissioner of all the sports.
uhhhh, they arent in the same league. Stern oversaw the growth of the NBA and Bettman absolutely sank the NHL
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #152
Bruce Hermansen Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
uhhhh, they arent in the same league. Stern oversaw the growth of the NBA and Bettman absolutely sank the NHL
Bird and Magic were already building the NBA before Stern took over in 1984.

Bird, Magic and Jordan were responsible for the growth of the Association in the 1980s and 1990s. Stern just so happened to be sitting in the Commissioners chair. Some one had to be sitting in the seat.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #153
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The point is that the Spurs sat all of the starters, not any one individual. What is the difference between this and a game 4 of the the NFL preseason

Everyone that buys season tickets complain that they have to pay full price to see what is basically a practice... no difference here. I agree with the fine.
Yeah, top to bottom this is all pretty false.

You know why people hate the preseason? Because it doesn't count for anything. The outcomes of the game mean literally nothing. So this absolutely isn't the same thing. I wish the Spurs would sit guys against the Nuggets, of whom I do buy a partial ticket package for. I'd love for my team to get a win that counts.

But furthermore, fining a team for something that isn't against the rules is pretty messed up even if you think the Spurs were wrong. (Let's be clear -- they weren't) If Stern wanted to say that he can't have teams tanking games on national TV, I'm fine with that. But it needs to be discussed and written into the rules after the year is out.

The fact is that the Spurs have sat that group of players before, and nobody said anything. So the precedent is there. And again, how can this possibly be legislated? What if those players played for the opening tip, and at the next stoppage of play (foul, time out, whatever) they were all subbed out and and never came back in? Does the NBA get to legislate how many minutes players play? This is a very slippery slope we're going down, and the coaching decisions should be left to the coaches. If you support the fine, then I'd like to hear how much those players should have played, and how you came to that number.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #154
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Hermansen Fan View Post
Bird and Magic were already building the NBA before Stern took over in 1984.

Bird, Magic and Jordan were responsible for the growth of the Association in the 1980s and 1990s. Stern just so happened to be sitting in the Commissioners chair. Some one had to be sitting in the seat.
As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Bird/Magic/Jordan clearly did the heavy lifting. But the idea that Stern did nothing is pretty laughable.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #155
Drunken.Broncoholic

Looks like Popovichs decision worked well for the Spurs. Duncan came out with 21 in the first half, first time doing that since 2004. 4th quarter and OT spurs were on another level and kicked in more energy.

Considering Memphis has looked to be the best team in the western conference that was about a big a win as you can get this early in season.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #156
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

Herlocker ABatar MOJO

Hornets becoming Pelicans

Quote:
The New Orleans Hornets are expected to become the New Orleans Pelicans, perhaps as early as the 2013-14 season, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...cording-report

That's just terrible .
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #157
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Hornets becoming Pelicans

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...cording-report

That's just terrible .
That is ****ing terrible.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #158
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I don't think they just chose Pelican randomly. From what I understand its the state bird, so they wanted to give the team more of a Louisiana feel. Still, its a weak name for a sports team despite that.

I remember back when I was a kid and was watching a NJ vs. Charlotte game, we called it the "Nets vs. the Horny Nets".

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #159
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

and the Hornets go back to Charlotte I think.... that would be cool to get that name back to Charlotte. The Bobcats name is too abaish
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #160
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
and the Hornets go back to Charlotte I think.... that would be cool to get that name back to Charlotte. The Bobcats name is too abaish
Yeah, Bobcat!?!?!? REAALLY!?!?
Man, that is just pathetic.

Might as well call them the New Orleans Butterflys.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #161
bombay
Ring of Famer

Carmelo is playing the best ball of his career. Not just a scorer anymore. Playing D, rebounding, and passing the ball when he isn't open.

Heard Kobe talk about how strong Carmelo is, and I remember a shot he took here about five years ago. Time was expiring, and he took a jump shot from about 6-8 feet the other side of the half court line. A jump shot, not a throw or heave. It went off the rim. I thought then about how strong you have to be to attempt that shot.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #162
bombay
Ring of Famer

Man, are the Lakers ever bad. I guess Dwight Howard wasn't the answer to the question.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #163
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Man, are the Lakers ever bad. I guess Dwight Howard wasn't the answer to the question.
So, I'm quoting you from 12/14/12, but on 1/6/13 I think the question still has merit. Tonight, the Nuggets have just gone into LA and beaten the Lakers, and you gotta wonder when this Lakers team is going to come together, or if they will.

I've watched too many Laker games to count them out. Kobe is STILL ridiculous. Some of the late 3-pointers he hit tonight, so money. There's a bunch of talent on that roster. You've got to think they'll start reeling off wins, but it needs to happen sooner rather than later for them.

Lakers fans? Thoughts?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #164
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I know you Denver fans hate him, but Melo be BALLIN!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #165
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Some trades need to happen, Pau needs to go. We're old, slow, and mentally soft. Even if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get swept out of it.

This team should not be below .500 in January. Sedale threatt, Vlade Divacs, Elden Campbell, Tony Smith, and Terry Teagle, had a better record in January than this team.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #166
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Some trades need to happen, Pau needs to go. We're old, slow, and mentally soft. Even if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get swept out of it.

This team should not be below .500 in January. Sedale threatt, Vlade Divacs, Elden Campbell, Tony Smith, and Terry Teagle, had a better record in January than this team.
Even with trades you can kiss goodbye a Top 3 seed. They have lost too many already. They have 18 losses in less than half the season. Even if they won 2/3 of their remaining games they would be at around 50 wins....not good enough to even win th division. Lakers can't win the West going on the road every series.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #167
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know you Denver fans hate him, but Melo be BALLIN!
Melo does a lot of "ballin". Always has. That is, until you really need him and the going gets tough.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #168
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Melo does a lot of "ballin". Always has. That is, until you really need him and the going gets tough.
He's looked very good this year.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #169
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Knicks look pretty good right now. I'm not saying they can hang with Miami for 7 games, but if any team can, its probably the knicks (provided they stay healthy). We have a lot of size, can D up, arguably have the most depth in the league, and have Melo as that X-factor. Its pretty similar to that Dallas team.

But Lebron is Lebron, so who knows.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #170
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

The inevitable Knicks/Heat ECF will be ridiculous. Carmelo indeed playing really well right now.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #171
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

From Marc Stein:

"Lakers just announced Dwight Howard (torn labrum) and Pau Gasol (concussion) are out indefinitely. Season getting no simpler in Lakerland"
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #172
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Torn labrum is at least a few weeks.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #173
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Jimmy ****ing Butler.

Hey Kobe....stay down b****.

24....you're about another 2 more weeks of bad play from being totally done.

I really enjoyed seeing Chicago add to the Lakers misery.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-21-2013 at 10:48 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #174
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Fire Jim Buss. Oh wait, he's family, so that's not going to happen.

I'm dealing with something like that at my job. The owner gives his family members jobs, but the problem is that he puts them in key positions. Positions that they aren't qualified for, and when they screw up it really doesn't matter. The owner's nephew just got a promotion that everybody knows should have went to me. We did similar jobs, but my work was way better. I'd even say that if the guy wasn't family he would have been fired a lot time ago for his screw ups.

That's what is going on with the Lakers. Jim Buss doesn't seem to be qualified to be the general manager, but he is playing GM. Lets be real, Mitch Kupchack isn't running anything anymore. He's the guy that trained under Jerry West, but Jerry Buss has turned the team over to his son.

If the Lakers do make a trade, get as much as you can for Howard and move Pau back to center. Pau is the best center on the team. They've been dicking him around since Bynum finally figured out how to play. Really thinking about it, they should have traded Bynum to fill holes they had and then move Pau to center. That would have solved their problems.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #175
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Jimmy ****ing Butler.

Hey Kobe....stay down b****.

24....you're about another 2 more weeks of bad play from being totally done.

I really enjoyed seeing Chicago add to the Lakers misery.
Lakers are already cooked.

I'd get rid of Metta and Pau. Time to start preparing for post-Kobe Lakers.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote