The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #276
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.
Great post.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #277
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.
god, you're that creepy uncle no one likes, aren't you?

I like how everyone that responds like a horrible moron automatically assumes everyone else is equally horrible, only they are the only ones brave enough to say it. you guys sure are teaching us.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #278
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
One of his players just blew their brains out in front of him. You have no clue how the guy is going to handle that. Come on now.
Think about it this way...the guy who killed himself in front of them wasn't their friend anymore...he was a cold blooded murderer.

Basically no different than if he had barricaded himself in one of the offices and SWAT took him out...****er deserved to die and I'm sure even Romeo knows it.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #279
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hardline capitalists don't seem to get that unfortunately...
wow, politicizing a tragedy..i suppose next you're gonna tell us how his owning a gun is what caused this tragedy....did you ever think maybe Romeo and the coaches are thinking that this guy was a grade A piece of **** murderer who deserved to die?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #280
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

I like how everyone that responds like a horrible moron automatically assumes everyone else is equally horrible, only they are the only ones brave enough to say it. you guys sure are teaching us.
The shooting is horrible. The posters who jest about the horrible shooting are annoying.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #281
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
That's a terrible idea. Football players are all about machismo. They will all feel unspoken pressure to "man up" and play no matter how they are actually feeling.
Amazing how we had people praising Ayers for playing the day his father died, but now want the NFL to cancel a game because a murderer killed himself.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #282
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

If you seriously mourn the death of every good-hearted person who dies too young, you'd never have time for anything else. Nobody is really all that torn up.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #283
canadianbroncosfan

I know it's 12 pages in, but this is just a terrible tragedy all around. I wish the best for the family of his girlfriend and also those taking on the responsibility of taking care of the baby.

As for the Chiefs organization, what a terrible thing to not only happen but to happen in front of them at their facility, truly my best wishes to all of them.

To all the classless ****s on here, you won't see this with your bans but man you guys are POSs. Happy to see the mods were so quick to ban hammer these fools, but disappointed to see that they had to do so at a time like this.

Honestly if they were playing Denver tomorrow, I would want them to cancel the game.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #284
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
No need to get so defensive
That's defensive? Whoa dude, you must lead a sheltered, sensitive life.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #285
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
cutthemdown got screwed. He didn't type anything that was out of line.
Yes, he did......
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #286
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If you seriously mourn the death of every good-hearted person who dies too young, you'd never have time for anything else. Nobody is really all that torn up.
I'm glad you said what you did, because I didn't want to. Yes, it's terrible, but terrible stuff happens every day. Unless you knew any of these people personally, I assume the people "affected" by this are saying it just because it's the right thing to say. But that's still better than making light of it, I suppose
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #287
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.
I think many of us were the same way. Life does go on. I don't believe it's a matter of feigning sorrow. For me it relating to it as far as being a mother. I do feel sorry regarding the girlfriend, the little girl, and that mother. It's also a matter of confusion, not understanding someone doing such a heinous act and just saying Wow, several times. No, I don't believe it's necessary to post anything sensitive, especially if you aren't feeling it but while I too love "too soon" jokes, it was too soon and insensitive to those that did truly feel that way.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #288
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Who is man to say when death should occur? I'm born for reasons I ultimately don't understand, and I die for reasons I ultimately don't understand. Innumerable dynamics throughout the cosmos are at work that could end me in a moment--superficially, it could appear to an observer to be an elephant stampede, a poisonous chicken-wing, or a chemical imbalance in some individual's brain that does me in. Is it all simple chance? Well then what's the point in fretting about it? My life is a roulette game. Is it ordained? Again, what's the point in fretting about it? There would be forces beyond my grasp that make it all coherent in the end. All attempts at grief and justice are made on shaky grounds, but they're the best we've got. People recognize that on different levels, and the manifestation of that recognition can look like a lot of things, including ill-timed humor on a message board. Maybe it's a way to deal with their perceived senseless nature of everything.

Last edited by sinuous sausage; 12-01-2012 at 09:24 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #289
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
That's defensive? Whoa dude, you must lead a sheltered, sensitive life.
I was talking about your avatar. Don't get so defensive!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #290
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Unless you knew any of these people personally
you mean like all of the people that might play in the football game tomorrow?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #291
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Suicide is. Murder suicide is something different. That's bringing an innocent victim into it.
Murder is murder. There is never a good reason for murder. However, to commit suicide is to do something even an amoeba is unable to do. Which is to end your own existence. That should be a definition of insanity.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #292
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think many of us were the same way. Life does go on. I don't believe it's a matter of feigning sorrow. For me it relating to it as far as being a mother. I do feel sorry regarding the girlfriend, the little girl, and that mother. It's also a matter of confusion, not understanding someone doing such a heinous act and just saying Wow, several times. No, I don't believe it's necessary to post anything sensitive, especially if you aren't feeling it but while I too love "too soon" jokes, it was too soon and insensitive to those that did truly feel that way.
To be honest, I know this is one of those situations where I'll start being a dick just to push back against people trying to claim that they're sincerely touched by the situation so I know I have to tread carefully to avoid going too far (not necessarily in terms of being banned but in terms of just being sensible and objective).

That all said, I particularly think people are just too reactive and wanting to cast other people as the insensitive, "classless", jerk when these football players die and people make general comments. Nobody here probably even knew the guys name before this incident, how damning could their statements really be? From the three bannings I saw, I saw 2 people going out of their way to make a shock statement (basically trolling), and one person making jokes. Then you had like 97 people coming in acting like it was the next 9/11.

9/11 shook me to my core. This incident slightly affected me more than realizing a few minutes ago that I downloaded the wrong episode of a show I wanted to watch. In today's world, there's just too many instances of this or much worse. Hell, we follow things like the Casey Anthony trial just for entertainment's sake. I have no evidence to say anyone's faking their concern here and, truly, I have no incentive to - but for the sake of arguing, I'm sticking to my opinion that I don't believe anyone really gave a damn aside from the love of drama.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #293
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
you mean like all of the people that might play in the football game tomorrow?
Are you under the impression someone said the other Chef players shouldn't care?
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #294
sinuous sausage

Quote:
To be honest, I know this is one of those situations where I'll start being a dick just to push back against people trying to claim that they're sincerely touched by the situation so I know I have to tread carefully to avoid going too far (not necessarily in terms of being banned but in terms of just being sensible and objective).

That all said, I particularly think people are just too reactive and wanting to cast other people as the insensitive, "classless", jerk when these football players die and people make general comments. Nobody here probably even knew the guys name before this incident, how damning could their statements really be? From the three bannings I saw, I saw 2 people going out of their way to make a shock statement (basically trolling), and one person making jokes. Then you had like 97 people coming in acting like it was the next 9/11.

9/11 shook me to my core. This incident slightly affected me more than realizing a few minutes ago that I downloaded the wrong episode of a show I wanted to watch. In today's world, there's just too many instances of this or much worse. Hell, we follow things like the Casey Anthony trial just for entertainment's sake. I have no evidence to say anyone's faking their concern here and, truly, I have no incentive to - but for the sake of arguing, I'm sticking to my opinion that I don't believe anyone really gave a damn aside from the love of drama.
I think I see what you mean. It's as tho people love when other people act like a-holes just so they can be holy rollers about people acting like a-holes. I would prefer there to be no a-holes, even if that means sacrificing my self-congratulations for not acting like an a-hole. But that would also mean I don't go around looking for a-holeness in every situation I come across, especially in a medium as silly as the Mane. I'm sure many are emotionally shaken on some level. I know I am after seeing the picture of that pretty lady proudly holding her baby girl. But I don't presume everyone feels the same way I do, or grieves the same way I do, and I don't wanna exploit emotions to score feel-good points. It's sad, and someone posting disrespectful stuff online doesn't change it.

a-hole. Had to say it one last time.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #295
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

So just for the sake of the argument..... i don't feel bad for him... but how do you know it wasn't a justified murder? Maybe he caught her trying to do harm to the kid or something...... no one will ever know the whole truth.
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #296
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballCLE View Post
So just for the sake of the argument..... i don't feel bad for him... but how do you know it wasn't a justified murder? Maybe he caught her trying to do harm to the kid or something...... no one will ever know the whole truth.
Who offs themself after they've done the work of justice?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #297
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

Quote:
Who offs themself after they've done the work of justice?
well it was his girlfriend....... the mother of his kid....... maybe he felt bad that he killed her..... emotions running wild

I know its a 1 in 100000000 chance....... but i guess its possible...
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #298
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
I was talking about your avatar. Don't get so defensive!
My apologies. Since it's been like that for a long time it's a little hard to decipher that from your post.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #299
sinuous sausage

Quote:
My apologies. Since it's been like that for a long time it's a little hard to decipher that from your post.
Don't feel bad. Enough of that going on around here.

Truth be told, I oftentime struggle to decipher my own posts.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #300
Bruce Hermansen Fan

PaintballCLE is an advocate of Josh McDaniels. That should say a lot about his common sense.