The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #76
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow, 30 of the 46 Superbowls have been held in either So. Cal, Miami, or New Orleans. Fun fact.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #77
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Wow, 30 of the 46 Superbowls have been held in either So. Cal, Miami, or New Orleans. Fun fact.
All warm weather or party venues. Add PHX, DAL, SAN and Atl to the list and there are even more warm weather cities.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #78
broncofever

traditionally superbowls are held in climate controlled venues (having a roof or being warm weather areas) so that's why I think Denver faces an uphill battle to get it. KC almost got the 2015 Superbowl, but for a lot of reasons, one of which was the inability to get a rolling roof built during the renovations, that fell through for them. For the one in New Jersey, I expect that exception to the rule has much to do with politics as anything and its huge media draw as others have already stated. If successful it could lead to other exceptions and Denver might have a chance after that. And who knows the presence of both Elway and now Manning might have some influence, not because we'd be playing in, but because that really has put Denver more in the media spotlight.

But the worst idea for a Superbowl I read has to be Goodell's proposal to host it in London at Wembley. I don't think it will happen, but it is ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #79
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Number should be 40. I will take Arizona in the mix for Super Bowls. Denver should not be hosting a game. No cold cities should do so, dome or outside stadium. There is days of activities to do and no one wants a rehash of Atlanta a few years back.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #80
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

god forbid if you play a superbowl where it could get a bit nippy you wussies.
lets put a dome on mile high, and also lets install a thermostat to keep everyone nice and cuddly warm,
also lets not have winners or losers in the game lets all group hug and sing Kum ba yah you wussies .
why can playoffs be in all sorts of weather but not the superbowl
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #81
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Number should be 40. I will take Arizona in the mix for Super Bowls. Denver should not be hosting a game. No cold cities should do so, dome or outside stadium. There is days of activities to do and no one wants a rehash of Atlanta a few years back.
What some are forgetting is it is not just the game but all the other things that take place. All the street activities, as well as things in the parking lots.

It Is not about two teams but about the overall NFL.

If Denver's stadium was like a lot of others, in a downtown area opposed to across the freeway so folks staying at the downtown hotels can walk to the game or activities it would be another story. Or be a mega facility like the house that Jones built I think they would have a shot at it.

Small market city, outdoor field, the odds it would be very cold.

IMO not happening.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #82
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Way better than whatever is in Detroit.
The Superbowl in Detroit was actually pretty decent. They did have to put all the bums in tents and feed them though to keep them off the streets lol.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote