The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #251
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

i just cant forgive someone who murders a innocent girl i just cant. at least none called him a hero like those wwf tard fans did when Chris Benwoit offed himself and his whole family. i find that totally disgusting and i cant stand fans who feel sorry for the murderer and treat the victim(s) as a nasty afterthought. they really disgust me badly
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #252
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran
 
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡'s Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
That got plenty of news coverage in Denver and was just as sad. But the reason we are talking about the Kansas City one is because this is a football forum and this event occurred in the subject that serves as the basis of this community, and it happened to one of this communities biggest rivals and most familiar opponent. This forum has no affiliation to Casper Wyoming, save for maybe the few residents who live near there, and Spider.

So to ask why this NFL event is getting discussed, while the just as tragic Casper event isn't doesn't surprise me at all. I guess I fail to see why its even considered wrong.

Now as a whole, why this story in "general" is getting so much coverage on the news channels, when events like this happen daily, I completely agree with you.
Your point was spot on about this forum being Bronco related.

But Casper is "Broncos Country" and a part of the Denver Broncos radio network. Casper is an important part of the Broncos community.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #253
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
Your point was spot on about this forum being Bronco related.

But Casper is "Broncos Country" and a part of the Denver Broncos radio network. Casper is an important part of the Broncos community.
Yeah, that was a bonehead thing for me to say. All of wyoming, a good amount of Utah, and even New Mexico.

It was an unintentional oversight.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #254
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I dunno if it's universal compassion up for debate. Strikes me more as the 1) proper allotment of grief that the man felt compelled to do this and 2) compassion for the true victims, those being his girlfriend, daughter, Romeo, and Pioli. Ridiculing a murderer in an online forum doesn't rank high on my list of taboos. As to whatever 'understanding' the perp needs, it remains outside anyone's human grasp, and I don't pretend to have that authority. I thinks it takes some hubris for anyone else to pretend he does, too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #255
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's not about having class on a football board. It's about having class.

We're not going to tolerate jokes in this situation. Instead, this forum is going to opt to show respect. Anyone who leaves the forum over this incident is addition by subtraction.
That's cool, and I understand there are house rules that mods have every right to enforce. But it irks me when I see posters making comparisons between people who post crass BS about a murderer in a football forum and the actual murderer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #256
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,811

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
cutthemdown got screwed. He didn't type anything that was out of line.
cut's post #2 was every bit as douchey as CP's rant.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #257
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!
 
Ugly Duck's Avatar
 
RF

Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's not about having class on a football board. It's about having class.

We're not going to tolerate jokes in this situation. Instead, this forum is going to opt to show respect.
Respect from RaiderLand. You guyzr allright.
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #258
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Money to Burn WOOOO®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Don't get it messed up women do provoke. But you have to understand as a man you have to handle that a women needs someone to vent off. And a lot of guys can't handle that. Not saying this was the case here but most murder suicides are
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #259
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,618

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Don't get it messed up women do provoke. But you have to understand as a man you have to handle that a women needs someone to vent off. And a lot of guys can't handle that. Not saying this was the case here but most murder suicides are
What's being reported is that she came home from a concert at 1 in the morning and that's when the fight initially started. Everyone provokes, just like everyone can be irrational at some time or another. It has nothing to do with this because there isn't a reason in the world for any of this to happen. Not mental illness, as that is used as a scapegoat too often for stupid, unexplainable behavior. I suspect alcohol as a contributor, but that's just my opinion.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #260
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
What's being reported is that she came home from a concert at 1 in the morning and that's when the fight initially started. Everyone provokes, just like everyone can be irrational at some time or another. It has nothing to do with this because there isn't a reason in the world for any of this to happen. Not mental illness, as that is used as a scapegoat too often for stupid, unexplainable behavior. I suspect alcohol as a contributor, but that's just my opinion.
No need to get so defensive
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #261
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,344
Default

How did his mother not intervene
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #262
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Horrible, tragic, RIP
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #263
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
How did his mother not intervene
I doubt she thought it even possible that he would kill her and himself. If you don't think something is possible you never consider having to act to stop it. If it escalated all it takes is a couple seconds to pull the trigger.

I am sure she is even second guessing herself, but I just don't see how she could have done anything if there was no signs of any domestic violence in the past. Hell the baby could have been crying and she was tending to her. So many factors we aren't privy to.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #264
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,062

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
How did his mother not intervene
Would that work at your house ? My mother in law would only make it nuclear.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #265
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,513

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I hop eits not Charles i need him in fantasy football tomorrow.
This should be bannable just for playing FF and picking division rivals to cheer for during Sundays. Disgusting and why I can't play Fantasy Football.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #266
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Well its really not hard. Just be classy and don't revel in others horrific misfortune. Some things are to be laughed at, events like this not so much.
.
Well, when news first break a lot of people's first reactions are comedy. I was shocked when I read what had happened and Out laughed out loud at Countdown's statement that he hoped it wasn't Charles because he was on his FF team.

Tradgedy and comedy are not mutually exclusive. Some of the other posts were edited and or deleted by the time I logged on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #267
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
This should be bannable just for playing FF and picking division rivals to cheer for during Sundays. Disgusting and why I can't play Fantasy Football.
I picked up Denario Alexander from the Chargers off of waivers. Although Rivers sucks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #268
sinuous sausage
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
This should be bannable just for playing FF and picking division rivals to cheer for during Sundays. Disgusting and why I can't play Fantasy Football.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim...e_gdata_player
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #269
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, when news first break a lot of people's first reactions are comedy. I was shocked when I read what had happened and Out laughed out loud at Countdown's statement that he hoped it wasn't Charles because he was on his FF team.

Tradgedy and comedy are not mutually exclusive. Some of the other posts were edited and or deleted by the time I logged on.
I get that humor is often used to handle uncomfortable situations. Heck I do the same thing. But its one thing to think it, or say it among a few personal friends, and another to say it publicly.

Cutthemdowns comments were definitely not even close to as bad as some of the others. But it still wasn't called for either.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #270
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, when news first break a lot of people's first reactions are comedy. I was shocked when I read what had happened and Out laughed out loud at Countdown's statement that he hoped it wasn't Charles because he was on his FF team.

Tradgedy and comedy are not mutually exclusive. Some of the other posts were edited and or deleted by the time I logged on.
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #271
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I get that humor is often used to handle uncomfortable situations. Heck I do the same thing. But its one thing to think it, or say it among a few personal friends, and another to say it publicly.

Cutthemdowns comments were definitely not even close to as bad as some of the others. But it still wasn't called for either.
'Cause boy if you're not putting on a front, you're not classy enough for these woods!

How lame.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #272
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I read about this incident, thought "that sucks", then came to see what people were saying about it. A part was to get the gossip details that emerge from social media and the like that mainstream news doesn't post immediately. Another part was to read the comments of the aholes that specialize in shock statements.

After reading the statements, I went with my family to a football game, laughed about fat and ugly cheerleaders, enjoyed my day, then went to Hooters and ogled some hot waitresses and downed some chicken wings.

The point in all this is it's just another person in the world. As someone mentioned earlier, this kind of stuff happens every day. I think people just like to feign impact of these events because it helps them feel like they're a part of the incident and that creates a warm drama in their life.

For a great example of this, look at Chris Henry. Before he made a stupid decision and got himself killed, everyone mocked him as a terrible human being and waste of opportunity. After he died, everyone feigned sadness and support and blah blah blah.

I think it's terrible that the guy did this. I think these stories are terrible every time I read them. That said, the level of sensitivity people bring to these threads makes me roll my eyes so often I think they might actually get stuck that way. So... don't count yourself as the only one that laughed at his post. I'm quite a fan of "too soon?" jokes. The only post I had an issue with was his second one about "next one up" or whatever because I guess I didn't really get it. I assume Romeo made the statement recently or something.
HA, I appreciate your complete honesty. Some very valid points too.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #273
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
'Cause boy if you're not putting on a front, you're not classy enough for these woods!

How lame.
Yeah, totally lame.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #274
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Think for a moment. If a coworker at your job blew his brains out in front of you, would it be at all reasonable to expect you to come to work the next day?
I'd be fine, personally...but, understand that others might not be....however keep in mind that there's another team and their fans involved in tomorrow's game too.

It is a tragedy that he killed the child's mother and left the child an orphan...my prayers go out to her family and the child....but I have no sympathy for a cold blooded murderer who took the coward's way out by killing himself...and now you want the NFL to cancel a game due to him being an a-hole? **** that....

If Crennel is unable to go on, let him have the time off....same with any players who feel likewise, and if you can't field a team then KC can forfeit the game.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #275
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'd be fine, personally...but, understand that others might not be.



whatever would panthers fans do without their precious NFL for a day. the tragedy.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Denver Broncos