The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #201
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The same. As Bronco fan, I would've hoped they would schedule a makeup game somehow, but this is just a game. It's not nearly as important as people seem to think.
I agree on this. People are more important than a job, entertainment, or money. They need to take care of each other. If that means cancelling or forfeiting I would understand. That also goes for if it was any other team that this happened too, regardless of position and standing.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #202
BroncsCheer

The depths of this tragedy are exceeded only by the douchebaggery of a handful of posters.

Way to show true colors - leaving no doubt.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #203
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Wow I just saw this. Very sad for his Girl friends family and Belcher's family. You want to take your own life that is one thing but to kill a 22 mother is beyond reproach.

I feel the most for the child who will grow up without a parent.

Senseless. Totally senseless.
My thoughts exactly.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #204
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Really don't see the purpose of forcing two terrible teams to play a game immediately after this type of tragedy. Again, we're not talking the AFC championship here. Realistically, how many people are going to be at Arrowhead for this game? 45K? There's a certain amount of humanity in the workplace that should trump short term profit. I can't think of any profession that wouldn't allow for the grieving process.
It would impact the draft more than anything.

The only time I saw games not being played were natural disasters and after September 11'th. We were to go to the Denver vs Colts game and had to reschedule the whole trip until later in the year.

It is more important for Carolina and the teams that would impact Carolina's draft order more than for kc.

There will be guys that want to play and guys that don't I think the best thing would be a makeup game on Wildcard week and just play it for draft status. They wouldn't have to televise it outside of the 2 markets or show it on the current network as an early game on Saturdays when they usually don't start until 2pm Central.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #205
Fusionfrontman
Perennial Pro-bowler

I like the idea of making it up Wildcard weekend.
Fusionfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #206
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

According to the KC media, after a meeting between league officials, the coaching staff and the team captains, they decided to go ahead and play tomorrow.

If that's their choice, I fully support it. It's up to them to know what they can handle and what they can't.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #207
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Hopefully, the team captains were able to take a team vote. If they did and the majority wanted to play, that's good. As long as it's not being dictated by the Gingernozzle.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #208
WakeUpCall
DIAF Aholes!

It's been a hard day here in KC. Needless to say, there's not any concern about football right now, just disbelief and a lack of understanding about what could drive any person to do such a horrible thing. Lots of praying and concern around here.

I can't imagine how long it'll take for things to get anything close to normal again.

And I'm glad to see the people behind a rivalry like ours pull together at a time like this and focus on what's most important.

And thanks to the Mods for giving that clown a week off. Good call... The rest of you folks are awesome.. We'll go back to jawing some time in the future...
WakeUpCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #209
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
According to the KC media, after a meeting between league officials, the coaching staff and the team captains, they decided to go ahead and play tomorrow.

If that's their choice, I fully support it. It's up to them to know what they can handle and what they can't.
I think that's the right choice and the right way to handle it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #210
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

RIP to all involved
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #211
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post
It's been a hard day here in KC. Needless to say, there's not any concern about football right now, just disbelief and a lack of understanding about what could drive any person to do such a horrible thing. Lots of praying and concern around here.

I can't imagine how long it'll take for things to get anything close to normal again.

And I'm glad to see the people behind a rivalry like ours pull together at a time like this and focus on what's most important.

And thanks to the Mods for giving that clown a week off. Good call... The rest of you folks are awesome.. We'll go back to jawing some time in the future...
It sucks when things like this happen. It highlights the realities that we all get pretty obsessive over a game. What makes it so difficult, is it's not like you can cast the guy like a fallen hero (start the game with 10 on defense) or something like that. The guy was a murderer. Honestly, I'm not sure how you'd handle something like this. Not exactly in the PR handbook, or even in the Life handbook, if there is such a thing.

I hate the Chiefs franchise from a rooting standpoint, but I'd never wish this on anybody or any franchise. Reports are saying that Pioli is really torn up about this. Regardless of what Chief fans think about the job he's done, hopefully, people will root for the team to win this game and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #212
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpCall View Post

You are a phony. Your avatar says "die in a fire a-holes". Tell us how you REALLY feel.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #213
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's obvious because it's the only explanation for why the guy did what he did. A mentally healthy person doesn't murder his girlfriend and then go and kill himself in front of his bosses. Come on now.
Yep Aga, you would think that should go without saying!
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #214
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post

Yeah from looking at the picture it seemed like a beautiful family. No matter how much I don't like the chiefs football team, I would never wish anything that like this on anybody. Because let's be real, football is only a game. After they take off their jerseys, these are people with emotions, lives, and families. My heart really does go out to them. And I wish them luck with the game, but I don't know how they can play after what just happened.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #215
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
What a disgusting post...
You shouldn't entertain Internet cowards who hide behind their keyboards. I know he wouldn't say anything like that to their faces.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #216
WakeUpCall
DIAF Aholes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
It sucks when things like this happen. It highlights the realities that we all get pretty obsessive over a game. What makes it so difficult, is it's not like you can cast the guy like a fallen hero (start the game with 10 on defense) or something like that. The guy was a murderer. Honestly, I'm not sure how you'd handle something like this. Not exactly in the PR handbook, or even in the Life handbook, if there is such a thing.

I hate the Chiefs franchise from a rooting standpoint, but I'd never wish this on anybody or any franchise. Reports are saying that Pioli is really torn up about this. Regardless of what Chief fans think about the job he's done, hopefully, people will root for the team to win this game and let the chips fall where they may.
At this point, with regard to JB, we're all questioning why, but not much past that. Our hearts are broken for the baby who's left behind, the mother who was in the house at the time and the people who had to see it (and we've been VERY critical of them before this). As for JB, we're mostly mad. Whatever we are in KC, we're not OK with a coward, and what he did is cowardly at best. He's very selfish, and he had many other choices.. So not much sympathy for JB, but plenty for the others around him.

And you're right, these are the tings that highlight how much we put on a game. I wish there were other ways to allow us to reflect on life outside of church and regular prayer.

I coach football, baseball and wrestling, and I see, especially in wrestling, a pressure put on young people that's almost unbearable for them. And I always ask the parents (who apply much of the pressure) and the kids to reflect on what's more important than "this" (whatever sport it is). I wonder if JB had enough of those talks? Perspective is everything! I recall having one of my wrestlers lose at State as he broke his arm, and him just saying he wanted to die. It was a "WOW" moment for me. He was good, very well could have won that match and been on the top of the podium, but it didn't happen.

So I'll ask all of us to reflect on what's most important, and it's not our rivalry. Think of family, the men and women serving, and those caring for those who serve...
WakeUpCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #217
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

The thing is, this game has zero consequences for anybody's potential playoff picture as far as I can tell. If there is ever a game to cancel that no one will really miss, this one ought to fit that bill as far as I can tell?

It seems clear the Chiefs are gonna get the number 1 draft pick regardless of the outcome of this game tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #218
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
You shouldn't entertain Internet cowards who hide behind their keyboards. I know he wouldn't say anything like that to their faces.
That's bad enough it should be reported to authorities.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #219
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
The thing is, this game has zero consequences for anybody's potential playoff picture as far as I can tell. If there is ever a game to cancel that no one will really miss, this one ought to fit that bill as far as I can tell?

It seems clear the Chiefs are gonna get the number 1 draft pick regardless of the outcome of this game tomorrow.
I agree, but with Carolina, they could pick anywhere from top 5 to number 11 or 12 depending on tiebreakers and what not. Winning or losing is a big deal for them and their fans.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #220
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Just saw the vid of them hauling Javon Belchers $230,000 Bentley away from Arrowhead this afternoon.. I hope to heavens this selfish dude had the wherewithall and decency to at least have a proper will drawn up in case he kicked the bucket where his young daughter will get the proceeds from that classy ride and anyother assets he might have accumulated?!

Though for an undrafted FA to be buying a Bentley after only 4 years in the league might imply he was running though his cash at a very fast pace?? Maybe he was just leasing it ... still that's a big chunk of change and not the smartest move by an UDFA this early still in his career.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #221
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
They should play the game, but if any Chief player or coach wants to sit out, they should be able to without penalty or loss of pay. Everybody handles this sh_t differently.
This
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #222
Meck77

Murder suicide in Casper Wy on FRIDAY. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-during-class/

I think it's important to note that this type of thing happens in our society daily. We only seem to show compassion/anger when it's so public. It's easy to say this is someone else's problem. The thing is it can happen to anyone.

Last edited by Meck77; 12-01-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #223
Victor
The Dude Abides

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Murder suicide in Casper Wy. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-during-class/

I think it's important to note that this type of thing happens in our society daily. We only seem to show compassion/anger when it's so public. This is a problem.
Who is this "we" you speak of. Maybe you should speak for yourself, cause you're not speaking for me.
Victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #224
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Just saw the vid of them hauling Javon Belchers $230,000 Bentley away from Arrowhead this afternoon.. I hope to heavens this selfish dude had the wherewithall and decency to at least have a proper will drawn up in case he kicked the bucket where his young daughter will get the proceeds from that classy ride and anyother assets he might have accumulated?!

Though for an undrafted FA to be buying a Bentley after only 4 years in the league might imply he was running though his cash at a very fast pace?? Maybe he was just leasing it ... still that's a big chunk of change and not the smartest move by an UDFA this early still in his career.
He signed a 1 year contract worth $1.97 million to play in 2012. So his first three years were at league minimum, which is much more than what he made at what I assume was the league minimum, which increases year after year and would have paid him around $500,000 in his third year.

His house was very modest compared to his choice in vehicle. I would hope that he had some money for his daughter....... I would hope. Luckily he qualified for NFL pension after playing the third game this season, in his fourth year. From what I understand you have to play, be inactive on the roster, or on PUP to for a minimum of three games to count for a season and you have to be in league 4 years to qualify.

So I would imagine she would get his pension benefits too.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #225
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

wtf are people losing their sanity now.
i hope yalls dont go defending this pos who murdered his gf like the wwf fans defended Chris Benoit when he went nuts and killed his whole family.
killing your self is tragic enough murdering innocent people is another.
im sorry for the woman who was murdered by that pos and the baby who is left with out parents
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote