The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #151
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He has been banned so many times. He has been a permanent fixture on my Ignore list. And to think some people call others Pussies for using that great feature.
I rarely even look at his posts.

I personally have a bunch of numb nuts on IGGY. Which I find way more ignorant than this troll.

It eliminates reps from them positive or negative and PM 's..

I have no reason to waste my time reading their trolish posts. Nor do I waste any time or bandwidth for their cartoons or one liners.

I highly recommend the function..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #152
FrankieTwoThumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This kind of tragedy > economics. Sorry.
Putting food on the table for your family > just about everything else. Unless you think the security guards were working a second job to pay for a new yacht.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #153
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
People will survive the cancellation of one game. Come on now.
They'll survive but it will hurt some of them. Why do the actions of one crazy guy get to dictate that if they don't have to?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #154
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
They'll survive but it will hurt some of them. Why do the actions of one crazy guy get to dictate that if they don't have to?
Think for a moment. If a coworker at your job blew his brains out in front of you, would it be at all reasonable to expect you to come to work the next day?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #155
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Cancelling the game would never fly. Never mind the local economics and breach of contract issues with advertisers.....

I'm sure there are several chiefs or panthers with incentive based contracts. You can't produce in 15 games what you can in 16.

Also....totally unfair to J-Ville as it would affect draft order of the top 3 spots.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #156
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
Wow... If this game gets played then the Ginger really is a heartless turd of a human being. Prayers up to all involved. Ecspecially belchers mom. I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch your son do something like this. Romeo and Pioli are going to be scarred for a long time. A long time.
Gingers have no soul!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #157
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
He may have been in a bad situation, but I have no sympathy for him. RIP? I hope not.. I hope he roasts in hell. His GF, dead. A young child left parentless. He almost certainly left a permanent psychological mark on the two coaches he decided to do this in front of as well. Selfish, and killed another.. the guy is evil.

Why do people want him to RIP?

I hope his gf does, and I feel awful for the child.
Gotta agree with this. People feeling bad for a murderer.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #158
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Think for a moment. If a coworker at your job blew his brains out in front of you, would it be at all reasonable to expect you to come to work the next day?
Think for a minute about what a tremendous false equivalency this is.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #159
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I know when people die, I like to be around others feeling the same thing. I don't see why playing would be the most awful thing. If I'm crennel and pioli, I may not want to, but these guys should be together
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #160
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Damn, that's terrible.
HILife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If I were crennel I probably wouldn't go, but using the analogy, should the entire company shut down?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #162
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieTwoThumbs View Post
Putting food on the table for your family > just about everything else. Unless you think the security guards were working a second job to pay for a new yacht.
If this is such a huge issue, the NFL can cover it out of their own pockets. It wouldn't even scratch the billions of dollars of annual revenue the league rakes in. Forcing these guys to play the day after this tragedy would be unforgivable.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #163
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I know when people die, I like to be around others feeling the same thing. I don't see why playing would be the most awful thing. If I'm crennel and pioli, I may not want to, but these guys should be together
Yeah. Grief is weard
Old 12-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #164
sinuous sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If I were crennel I probably wouldn't go, but using the analogy, should the entire company shut down?
Romeo strikes me as a kind of guy who can handle something like this. He seems to just amble his way through turmoil
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #165
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
If this is such a huge issue, the NFL can cover it out of their own pockets. It wouldn't even scratch the billions of dollars of annual revenue the league rakes in. Forcing these guys to play the day after this tragedy would be unforgivable.
And when the networks, advertisers and players with performance clauses come suing for breach of contract....Then what?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #166
Agamemnon

Quote:
Think for a minute about what a tremendous false equivalency this is.
Tremendous "false equivalency"? How so?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #167
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
I think your missing the point. It's not about the shooter. I could careless about him.. He left that poor kid parent less and ruined the lives of many others. I think most people are thinking of the coaches that saw this and the players that knew him.. There comes a time when compassion out ways money. Just my 2 cents
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #168
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
Romeo strikes me as a kind of guy who can handle something like this. He seems to just amble his way through turmoil
One of his players just blew their brains out in front of him. You have no clue how the guy is going to handle that. Come on now.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #169
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I think your missing the point. It's not about the shooter. I could careless about him.. He left that poor kid parent less and ruined the lives of many others. I think most people are thinking of the coaches that saw this and the players that knew him.. There comes a time when compassion out ways money. Just my 2 cents
Hardline capitalists don't seem to get that unfortunately...
Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #170
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
And when the networks, advertisers and players with performance clauses come suing for breach of contract....Then what?
The networks and advertisers would still get what they paid for as other games would be broadcasted instead of the Chiefs game. And the players union isn't going to say anything even if a few individual players are unhappy. Seriously, you're just pulling this crap out of your ass. No one is going to sue the NFL over canceling this game. The PR backlash that would result from such an action just makes it a non-issue.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #171
sinuous sausage

Quote:
One of his players just blew their brains out in front of him. You have no clue how the guy is going to handle that. Come on now.
Yes, but we all grieve in different ways. Maybe game day with the men who know him and his relationship with said player best will help him through it. I would say the choice is really up to him, and I don't think the league would force him to show up tomorrow if he felt he couldn't handle it.

That said, I'm pretty sure there are thousands of other peripherally-effected, poorer people who could use game day. I dunno the right answer.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #172
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Really don't see the purpose of forcing two terrible teams to play a game immediately after this type of tragedy. Again, we're not talking the AFC championship here. Realistically, how many people are going to be at Arrowhead for this game? 45K? There's a certain amount of humanity in the workplace that should trump short term profit. I can't think of any profession that wouldn't allow for the grieving process.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #173
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous sausage View Post
You're right, dude. People can just tell the landlord that it's the murderer's fault.
the NFL has billions of dollars. somehow I think they can find a way to cover a day's work for stadium employees
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #174
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Here is a thanksgiving picture from Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend and baby daughter .. what a senseless loss!Name:  original.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  91.0 KB
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #175
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I consider myself to be a pretty heartless person. When I first started working in mechanics I witnessed a guy buffing a tire and the tire blew up and pretty much showered his brains all over the shop and everyone of us in it. I couldn't go to work for a few day after because I would literately get sick to my stomach. 20+ years later I can still get fiscally sick if I think about it too much. So to say Romeo is strong enough to just suck it up is false . I've been there, as strong as I am it folded me and still does to this day. When you know someone personally and something like that happens to them right in front of you it's a life changing ordeal. I don't care how strong you are.

Last edited by Quoydogs; 12-01-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote