The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #126
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah Stern's wrong here. I get that he's upset since it was a big TV game, but a coach can do what he wants with his roster.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #127
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Yeah Stern's wrong here. I get that he's upset since it was a big TV game, but a coach can do what he wants with his roster.
Crazy thing is the spurs kept it competitive the entire game. Was in the lead with a minute left until Ray Allen hit that 3. Will be interesting to see the punishment they get. Im gonna assume spurs get no love from the refs in the next few weeks.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #128
swaiy

How can he punish the Spurs for NOT breaking any rules. He just looks like a money hungry bastard to me. It sucks for the fans but it comes with the game. Had this not been a marquee match up on primetime against a lesser team, there would be no problem.

Sports have become so full of **** lately. The people at the top just abuse the rules for the sake of money.

Stern: "hingadingadervinnnnn. All your fanbase are belong to me. Gonna punish you for somethimg not against the rules and then make it a new rule for next year. Derp."
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #129
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
How can he punish the Spurs for NOT breaking any rules. He just looks like a money hungry bastard to me. It sucks for the fans but it comes with the game. Had this not been a marquee match up on primetime against a lesser team, there would be no problem.

Sports have become so full of **** lately. The people at the top just abuse the rules for the sake of money.

Stern: "hingadingadervinnnnn. All your fanbase are belong to me. Gonna punish you for somethimg not against the rules and then make it a new rule for next year. Derp."
Exactly. Popovich does this last night instead of tonight and its a non story with no punishment. Pop has done this before and nothing happened. It was a bit more extreme since Stephen Jackson and Leonard are both out with injury. If anything it shows how a team can play with 100% effort. That team hung in there all game. Usually they sit all game at the end of the bench.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #130
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Would have been real funny had the Spurs won.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #131
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Well, wild game just wrapped up in Golden State.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #132
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Would have been real funny had the Spurs won.
The funny thing is there's half the league putting up a horrible product every single night. Washington? Where's their sanctions. Popovich sat out 6 players yet still put a quality product on the court. Something Stern has no idea how to do. Pop just showed Stern how a real coach gets production from the end of the bench.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #133
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I get that Stern is upset that a big time TV game could have been ruined, though it wasn't.

My problem is him trying to legislate the issue. Can he make a rule that a player HAS to play? And then what? How many minutes? I don't see how he can do that.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #134
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I get that Stern is upset that a big time TV game could have been ruined, though it wasn't.

My problem is him trying to legislate the issue. Can he make a rule that a player HAS to play? And then what? How many minutes? I don't see how he can do that.
Exactly. Where's the line. What's to stop him from demanding Washington or Cleveland make personnel moves to get better? Pop had a better team out there than half the league. In these last Stern days I expect more tyranny from him.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #135
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think Stern shot from the hip and will think better of his "sanctions" statement...its a slippery slope.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #136
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think Stern shot from the hip and will think better of his "sanctions" statement...its a slippery slope.
He expected a blowout instead of a competitive game. Underestimated Pop and the Spurs bench. So now it backfires in Sterns face. He may have had a tiny bit of leverage had the Spurs been blown out of the building. Probably should've waited until after the game to make his Chavez type reaction.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #137
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He expected a blowout instead of a competitive game. Underestimated Pop and the Spurs bench. So now it backfires in Sterns face. He may have had a tiny bit of leverage had the Spurs been blown out of the building. Probably should've waited until after the game to make his Chavez type reaction.
Well "backfires" is an interesting comment. Twitter was buzzing last night about a November NBA game. Today it was discussed in my office a bit. Stern even had me, a fan of a rivaling Western Conference team, rooting for the Spurs.

Maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing. I don't know. I do know that this is the most attention the NBA has gotten in November from casual NBA/sports fans in a long time.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #138
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Well "backfires" is an interesting comment. Twitter was buzzing last night about a November NBA game. Today it was discussed in my office a bit. Stern even had me, a fan of a rivaling Western Conference team, rooting for the Spurs.

Maybe, just maybe, he knew what he was doing. I don't know. I do know that this is the most attention the NBA has gotten in November from casual NBA/sports fans in a long time.
Ya that's true. Although I assume he'd want the attention to be positive. But it's Stern we're talking about so even negative attention is still attention according to him.

Memphis always plays the Spurs tough so we will see if resting will help them win on Saturday. They'll still be 2 key players short though
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #139
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

nba should NOT start til December.

just another shot to get some headlines by douche Stern.

I hated the Spurs for soooo many years, but man o man do I respect Popovich
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #140
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
nba should NOT start til December.

just another shot to get some headlines by douche Stern.

I hated the Spurs for soooo many years, but man o man do I respect Popovich
Pop was hilarious when Barkley was interviewing him. Cut him off at 3 questions. Haha
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #141
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Ya that's true. Although I assume he'd want the attention to be positive. But it's Stern we're talking about so even negative attention is still attention according to him.

Memphis always plays the Spurs tough so we will see if resting will help them win on Saturday. They'll still be 2 key players short though
Well again, I don't think the attention is negative per se. People think he's dumb, but to be honest, people hate Goodell too. Popovich/The Spurs have been praised for the move. If Stern plays a "villain" but people like the players/coaches/teams, I don't think that's necessarily negative.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #142
Drunken.Broncoholic

Spurs fined 250,000 dollars. The NBA is officially a sham now. This isn't the first time Pop has done this. Where were the fines then? Portland. Golden State. Where was Stern for those games? Those games weren't on TNT so Stern ignores those times they all rested.

I can't wait for Pop to do it again. Cause he will. Instead of sending them home he will start them. Then immediately call a time out a couple minutes into the game. Sit them for the rest of the game. What will stern do then? Fine them for playing minimal minutes??
Old 11-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #143
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

what a disgrace.

I doubt Pop does it again, he will at least bring them to the game i'd bet
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #144
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
what a disgrace.

I doubt Pop does it again, he will at least bring them to the game i'd bet
Possibly. Although the foundation of the fine is the players not playing. So if they travel and still sit its the same results. I hope Pop does it again. I shared a bottle of wine with him and his family in the secret room at Sardine Factory. The guy is hilarious.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #145
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Jamison found the fountain of youth tonight. Torching the Nuggets with 33 points.

Also Stern is competing with Bettman as the worst commissioner of all the sports.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #146
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Well if Stern and the league didn't schedule so many back to back to back to back games the Spurs wouldn't feel the need to rest players

So what happens when players get hurt from playing so many nights with no rest do they get to fine Stern?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #147
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:

The point is that the Spurs sat all of the starters, not any one individual. What is the difference between this and a game 4 of the the NFL preseason

Everyone that buys season tickets complain that they have to pay full price to see what is basically a practice... no difference here. I agree with the fine.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #148
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post

Everyone that buys season tickets complain that they have to pay full price to see what is basically a practice... no difference here. I agree with the fine.

Did you watch the game? It was more competitive than half the games put on TV every night. Stern expected a 120-65 type game. Spurs were up by 4 with a little over a minute to go. That was a better product than any of the 82 games the NBA is putting out for the Wizards.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #149
Bruce Hermansen Fan

NBA's newest budding star.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #150
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Spurs fined 250,000 dollars. The NBA is officially a sham now. This isn't the first time Pop has done this. Where were the fines then? Portland. Golden State. Where was Stern for those games? Those games weren't on TNT so Stern ignores those times they all rested.

I can't wait for Pop to do it again. Cause he will. Instead of sending them home he will start them. Then immediately call a time out a couple minutes into the game. Sit them for the rest of the game. What will stern do then? Fine them for playing minimal minutes??
A sham? You'll forget about this next week.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote