The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #401
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You are starting Russ Hockstein, you have no center, I don't care that you have 1 tackle that is above avg, the rest of the line sucks.

What makes you think Bowe will be around next year after being tagged this year and rumored in trade talks at the trade deadline? Plus the guy is not worth what he would command if they were to sign him. He has been targetted over 100 times and only has 50 catches for 600 yards and 3 TD's. The guy drops way too many balls and disappears in games. I understand the poor QB argument but he has been under achieving and dropping balls his whole career

I gave you Flowers and Berry, the other 2 CB's you need are a #2 and Nickle back. Then you need a Safety to play across from Berry

DJ has been terrible this year. Over runs plays, missing tackles, poor in coverage. He is no where near the elite at MLB in the AFC let alone the NFL.

Take your red colored glasses off and face reality. Teams aren't this bad because of lack of QB and HC. With the talent you have at RB you would be in more games with a real D. These are all team losses.
You should take a look at this Mr. Broncosteven. Baldwin was open multiple times against you fellas. QB has no vision. A quality QB makes these plays.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #402
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

lmao at Quimm...what a p***Y
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #403
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'll throw Fear Lanier a bone. Parity is so close in the NFL that it's not totally unreasonable to suggest the Chiefs are a good QB and coach away from being a good team.

That said, those are the two hardest things to find in that order. Do you know how many teams without a good QB are a good QB away from being good? Answer: about 25.

Also I think you're discounting the fact that Denver didn't play their best game in a place we never play well, and the Chiefs absolutely did and they still lost by more than a touchdown. You're two missed field goals from us totally boning you guys.

So please do draft a gimicky coach, let Crennel go, which will set your defense back, and draft Geno "I can only make one read" Smith. Let me know how that works out.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #404
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Speaking of Poe. Not too shabby considering he's playing in a 2 gap dinosaur defense.
FearLanier,

Your Herculian efforts at extreme rationalized projection in the service of trying to paint a rosy silver-lining out of a hopeless situation and season is somewhat admirable to be sure. You are obviously a good and loyal fan, so no knocks there.

But what you apparently overlook in all the 'shoulda's, coulda's, what if's' focus on the minutia of this play gone bad or that one ... is the overriding and fundamental fact that KC is a cursed city and cursed franchise. Period!

KC is where good players go to have the last bit of life blood and enthusiasm for football drained out of them ... it must be something in the atmosphere or perhaps an as yet unidentified strain of a locally limited viral contagion .. maybe its the 'Barbeque/Camaro' strain of Lime Disease ... that centers around Arrowhead?

Not sure which it is, but for year after year after decade upon decade, and regardless of how many top 5 draft picks you guys get in a row .. alas, there is this obvious character, energy, moxie deficit .. even the dearth of just a little good luck that every successful franchise needs from time to time ... ranging from the ownership all the way down to the water boys that seems to infect this team year after year.

Even those years when you have been very competitive and with a decent team and coach, you haven't been able to make it past one playoff game in .. how long has it been?!?

I can only imagine how frustrating that is, particularly for a city where the sole and only redeeming quality would have been a decent football team! And its certainly not for lack of loyal determined fans.

Perhaps the real cure is to start by blowing up Arrowhead and your current team facility, get some Indian shamans out there to spread salt over the grounds where each now lay and do their little exorcism dance and start over from totally new Ownership on down...

Definitely, there are some good players on the Chiefs left to build around, but only if it can be proven they have not been irreparably infected with terminal KC-itis!

This is the big picture that will continue to undermine and frustrate your more myopic focus on such minutia as in: "if only Brady Quinn had seen a wide open Jon Baldwin " .. etc etc etc.

Best of luck to you guys going forward. Hopefully some real excitement will some day descend on KC too. All those prospects seemed to leave with Hank Stram .. aside from a shining glimpse, once again, long ago when Derek Thomas' presence blessed your town all too briefly.

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-30-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #405
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'll throw Fear Lanier a bone. Parity is so close in the NFL that it's not totally unreasonable to suggest the Chiefs are a good QB and coach away from being a good team.

That said, those are the two hardest things to find in that order. Do you know how many teams without a good QB are a good QB away from being good? Answer: about 25.

Also I think you're discounting the fact that Denver didn't play their best game in a place we never play well, and the Chiefs absolutely did and they still lost by more than a touchdown. You're two missed field goals from us totally boning you guys.

So please do draft a gimicky coach, let Crennel go, which will set your defense back, and draft Geno "I can only make one read" Smith. Let me know how that works out.
QB's are a tricky thing. Nobody thought Andy Dalton, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton or Drew Brees would be as good as they are now. They've all surprised.

My preference is Tyler Wilson, though I do like Geno quite a bit. Taking a chance is all I ask.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #406
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
QB's are a tricky thing. Nobody thought Andy Dalton, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton or Drew Brees would be as good as they are now. They've all surprised.

My preference is Tyler Wilson, though I do like Geno quite a bit. Taking a chance is all I ask.
Of your list only russel Wilson makes the list of not going to be good and that is mostly because he short.

All the rest were expected to be good to great.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #407
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

I'll say this for you. The fact that your franchise hasn't even attempted to draft a high round QB is inexcusable.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #408
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I'll say this for you. The fact that your franchise hasn't even attempted to draft a high round QB is inexcusable.
What the hell am I, chopped liver?? 3rd round, biatch!!

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #409
FearLanier

Quote:
I agree. The most important piece a team needs is a coach.

Look at the successful QB's of the last few years and who's coaching/coached them.

I think that makes the biggest difference. A good but not great QB like Andy Dalton has Jay Gruden helping him out. Drew Brees was nowhere near as good before he met Sean Payton, Aaron Rodgers had Joe Philbin (who's doing a nice job in Miami with Tannehill), Mike Clements and Mike McCarthy to coach him up and bring out his talent.

Talent is a huge factor, but I believe coaching is the key to success for a QB.

We'll see who the coach is. If it's someone like Andy Reid, I'll be very pleased.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #410
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
You should take a look at this Mr. Broncosteven. Baldwin was open multiple times against you fellas. QB has no vision. A quality QB makes these plays.
Well, I think this was the way Quinn was drilled to play in that game.

One/twoquick reads, quick pass from jumbo/max protect fronts or throw it away. KC's offense went all out to put in extra blockers and flare out just two real reads for Quinn so you can't criticize a QB for not having vision when it's been specifically limited by the gameplan.

That's what I don't get about Dabol/Crennel. They've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by giving Quinn and open offense and letting him make strong arm plays instead of dink and dunk.

There's no QB in the next rookie class that come run that kind of offense. You'll be stuck with the same dink and dunk, run first offense that's going nowhere.

KC's best and most realistic chance is to drop back from 1st/2nd overall, getting an extra first day pick to send over to Seattle for Flynn, and using their later first on a rookie QB to develop long term.

Luckily for us Pioli is too stubborn to give up on Cassel in the offseason even though Crennel already has.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #411
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I hope if Pioli is retained Clark tells the media, "Pioli was extendable, so I extended him"

Chiefs fans are getting awfully confident that they are drafting Geno
If Pioli sticks I dont see that happening
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #412
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I hope if Pioli is retained Clark tells the media, "Pioli was extendable, so I extended him"

Chiefs fans are getting awfully confident that they are drafting Geno
If Pioli sticks I dont see that happening
I highly, highly doubt Pioli sticks. I would say Romeo has a better chance of survival than the ex-Patriot scum.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #413
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
I highly, highly doubt Pioli sticks. I would say Romeo has a better chance of survival than the ex-Patriot scum.
They are both EX-pats.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #414
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
We'll see who the coach is. If it's someone like Andy Reid, I'll be very pleased.
Bronco fans will also be very pleased.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote