The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #76
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
How the **** can they be the number one defense against the run and number 32 against the pass?
Well one reason is because nobody tries to run the ball against them, as evidenced by them having the 5th fewest rushing attempts against them. Granted some of their success is their 3.4 yards allowed per carry (1st in NFL)...but the Broncos are just as good allowing 3.6 yards per opposing rush (2nd in NFL)

I think they're defense is a bit over rated....I mean why walk (rush) when you can fly (pass)....Manning is probably licking his chops right now as he surely knows that the Bucs allow 66.4% of pass attempts to be completed....8.11 yards per attempt....316 passing yards per game....have netted only 18 sacks....and opponents have a 90.7 QB rating against them
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #77
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I bet we crush their run game. Most teams have not run that well on us.
KC & Houston did and NE killed us
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #78
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

[QUOTE=comoose00;3739535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.
I do agree that it was a fair play within the rules, no argument there.

Different people make their own choice as to what is "within the rules," and what is honorable. If he continues trying to be a bully in a room of badasses, experience shows he will probably get his ass kicked, and no one will be around to shed a tear for him.

You can read plenty about him being an a-hole from his years at Rutgers if you want. Just Google him and it is pretty easy to find stories about how domineering and demeaning he was to many on his staff, and to quite a few NFL scouts trying to come look at his players. Anyway, we can feel different about this and it doesn't bother me.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #79
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.
Smacking the opposing QB on a ****ing kneel down is classless...it's the QB's equilvalent to a fair catch...(I won't run up the score if you don't tackle me)...but feel free to act like he's just a passionate coach
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #80
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Denver's run defense is not as good as the stats portray; there's just been a lack of competition there. If Jamal Charles can gash eight/nine in the box (with Brady Quinn at QB), I'd be worried about Martin. That said, the Buccaneers have an awful pass defense and I expect Manning to tear it up. I think this is one of Denver's most interesting matchups all season.
We allow 3.6 yards per attempt despite the below average showing vs. a couple teams.....which is the 2nd best ypc average in the NFL...but yeah, we're overrated
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #81
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
KC showed that you need pass rush and excellent coverage to slow down the Broncos offense, Tampa Bay has none of those things. It is like saying you need a good truffle and some nicely aged parmesan to make a good pasta dish to someone who has a budget of 3.50 to feed himself, it is true but it is useless info.
I was talking more about KCs offense
If KC could finish on offense they probably beat Denver

I think TB can pound it on the ground like KC but they have an offense to finish

Be interesting to see how TB's offense attacks Denver defense .
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just hope the Broncos get over this "slow start" bs. It's getting difficult to just make it through the first quarter of some of these games without breaking something.
Well, look at it in a positive way...like the Broncos offense has reduced playing poorly by 35 minutes a game since we switched QB's....
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #83
errand
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=comoose00;3739535]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.
It's called an unwritten rule....kind of like stealing bases in baseball when you're up by 6-7 runs in the 9th inning, or throwing the ball when you're up by 10 or more with 30 seconds to go in the game.....sure the rules say you CAN do it....but c'mon...everyone knows you don't smack the opponet's QB on a ****ing kneel down.

It was a classless thing to do, and it could lead to other teams taking a pot shot at his QB on day.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #84
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
KC & Houston did and NE killed us
That's why I said "most".
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #85
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Bucs good vs run, not good vs pass. Good think we don't need to run. Manning 300 yrds 3 tds.

Broncos 27 Bucs 17
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #86
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

[QUOTE=errand;3739607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by comoose00 View Post

It's called an unwritten rule....kind of like stealing bases in baseball when you're up by 6-7 runs in the 9th inning, or throwing the ball when you're up by 10 or more with 30 seconds to go in the game.....sure the rules say you CAN do it....but c'mon...everyone knows you don't smack the opponet's QB on a ****ing kneel down.

It was a classless thing to do, and it could lead to other teams taking a pot shot at his QB on day.
Your baseball example is poor because in that case, the one side is leading. A more pertinent example would be being down in the 9th by 6/7 runs. Would you be trying to steal bases? In most cases - yes. Unless of course, you are wanting to concede the game.

The reason you don't throw up by 10 in the last 30 seconds is because you are intentionally trying to run the clock out without turning the ball over - much easier to accomplish that with a running play.

And - what is the difference between trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble on a kneel down in the waning seconds of a competitive game and trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble (possibly hurting the player) on say 3rd and 8 in the 3rd quarter of a game where the score is 24-21? Either way, you are attempting to hit the guy hard enough to jostle the ball lose.

The only way that I see Schiano is wrong on this is this way - if he starts b****ing about people doing the same thing to him.

Afterall...

loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #87
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That's why I said "most".
OK We won "most" of our games except the ones we lost.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #88
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Bucks are gonna beat the shat outta us. 88-3.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #89
DENVERDUI55

[QUOTE=loborugger;3739622]
Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Your baseball example is poor because in that case, the one side is leading. A more pertinent example would be being down in the 9th by 6/7 runs. Would you be trying to steal bases? In most cases - yes. Unless of course, you are wanting to concede the game.

The reason you don't throw up by 10 in the last 30 seconds is because you are intentionally trying to run the clock out without turning the ball over - much easier to accomplish that with a running play.

And - what is the difference between trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble on a kneel down in the waning seconds of a competitive game and trying to smack a QB and cause a fumble (possibly hurting the player) on say 3rd and 8 in the 3rd quarter of a game where the score is 24-21? Either way, you are attempting to hit the guy hard enough to jostle the ball lose.

The only way that I see Schiano is wrong on this is this way - if he starts b****ing about people doing the same thing to him.

Afterall...

I bet you would think differently if this weekends they hit our offensive linemen in the knees or worse manning in the same situation. It's a bs strategy that isn't going to work in the NFL and is going to cost someone their season with knee injury.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #90
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

For a crappy secondary, the Bucs are third in the NFL in interceptions. Only Chicago and the Giants have more. They are tied for third fewest sacks so it's obviously a coverage situation. They are + 11 in turnover differential.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #91
uplink
Ring of Famer

I still think the broncos were targeting Doug Martin with their initial pick in last years draft as the initial reports indicated. I think the previous year they though about trading back into the 1st round to get Ingram as well (they were working the phones and then stopped when Ingram was picked).
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #92
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fucthebucs!
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #93
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

No, they will not win this game unless we give it to them.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 AM   #94
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

end/thread
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #95
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

[QUOTE=DENVERDUI55;3739682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post

I bet you would think differently if this weekends they hit our offensive linemen in the knees or worse manning in the same situation. It's a bs strategy that isn't going to work in the NFL and is going to cost someone their season with knee injury.
If they do it to us i say the next kneel down Fox tells everyone to cut block.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #96
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
QBs they lost to:

Eli
Romo
RG3
Brees
Ryan

QBs they beat:

Newton X 2
Quinn
Ponder
Palmer
Rivers

...Can't argue with that!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #97
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I just went to the Buccs board and they are not optimistic. Most feel the defense they play is too simplistic, the secondary too crappy and the pass rush too weak. It does seem like a perfect storm for Manning to pillage their defense for all their worth.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #98
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
For a crappy secondary, the Bucs are third in the NFL in interceptions. Only Chicago and the Giants have more. They are tied for third fewest sacks so it's obviously a coverage situation. They are + 11 in turnover differential.
Teams throwing on them a ton so i am not surprised they have a lot of picks. They can be had at the CB spot.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #99
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm not crazy about the fact that Denver has a road game just four days after playing the Bucs. Makes me wonder if there isn't a temptation to split some of the prep time or to at least pace themselves more than usual.

Of course, on the bright side, that game is against the struggling Raiders, who shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the Thursday date will allow some extra prep and healing time for the Ravens the following week.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #100
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I'm not crazy about the fact that Denver has a road game just four days after playing the Bucs. Makes me wonder if there isn't a temptation to split some of the prep time or to at least pace themselves more than usual.

Of course, on the bright side, that game is against the struggling Raiders, who shouldn't be too hard to figure out, and the Thursday date will allow some extra prep and healing time for the Ravens the following week.
Raiders field is going to be a mess too with all the rain and 2 games in 4 days.