The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #126
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Poor Ed. Sounds like he's experiencing last years OM, but in public.
Rep!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #127
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,529

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I don't think is wholly about Tebow so much as it is about how bad Sanchez sucks. And I like Sanchez. I thought he'd turn out this season like Eli Manning, but he has completely regressed and lost his composure. Tebow is a way better fit for that offense right now and I don't think I could buy any argument to the contrary. But it appears Rex Ryan is gonna captain that ship to the bottom of the ocean no matter what. Jets'll probably clean house come the end of the season. Dunno who they'd go after in this flimsy draft, though.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #128
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I don't think is wholly about Tebow so much as it is about how bad Sanchez sucks. And I like Sanchez. I thought he'd turn out this season like Eli Manning, but he has completely regressed and lost his composure. Tebow is a way better fit for that offense right now and I don't think I could buy any argument to the contrary. But it appears Rex Ryan is gonna captain that ship to the bottom of the ocean no matter what. Jets'll probably clean house come the end of the season. Dunno who they'd go after in this flimsy draft, though.
Hard not to agree with that. I'm perplexed at why Tebow isn't starting yet. I guess it's not like the Orton situation where our investment in him was really minimal. Starting Tebow means the utter end of Sanchez, and zeroing out his trade value (is he a FA? not sure). Either way, though, I can't see how Rex Ryan makes it another season as their coach. I'd think this was a straw worth grasping for.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #129
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Hard not to agree with that. I'm perplexed at why Tebow isn't starting yet. I guess it's not like the Orton situation where our investment in him was really minimal. Starting Tebow means the utter end of Sanchez, and zeroing out his trade value (is he a FA? not sure). Either way, though, I can't see how Rex Ryan makes it another season as their coach. I'd think this was a straw worth grasping for.
Hard to believe but they just reinked Sanchez this offseason. For way more than anyone else would be willing to take on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #130
JakeZ01
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Sanchez is the reason they suck.watch a jets game. If I wore a josh mcdaniels jersey to mile high, I wouldn't **** out about the abuse.it's deserved. Sanchez is the orton of the east...if I were a jets fan I would be livid. Let tebow play...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #131
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
"This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another," Anzalone wrote."


I've had dealings with this guy before....he does not respect other fans...he tries to be a loud mouth bully and it's all backfiring now.

The guy is a classless hack.
Yeah, ive heard a bunch of stories about him squashing anyone who tries to get in on his power. Not to mention, the free tix and such.

I used to go to Jets games in the 1980's (he was around, but it was pre-fireman), but there was a guy in a klecko jersey that used to lead the chant on the other side of the field. That poor guy got nothing! Anyone from the tri-state area remember him? He used to wave a towel to signal the cheer was coming
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #132
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I haven't watched Sanchez enough to know about all the attacks on him, but I did watch the Jets game against Miami a few weeks ago. What stood out to me was how many dropped passes there were and how many times his receivers were in the wrong place. It was kind of startling. I don't see Sanchez getting any help out of that offense. Maybe that's why Ryan doesn't go with Tebow. He realizes it wouldn't make any difference because his players on offense suck. Sanchez' top receivers are Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley. His top TE is Konrad Reulan. Who the **** is that? You might ask.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #133
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I've had Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" pumping through my head for the last three days now, with, of course, the replacement lyric being "Anal Zone." I think I'm about to go crazy.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #134
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I've had Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" pumping through my head for the last three days now, with, of course, the replacement lyric being "Anal Zone." I think I'm about to go crazy.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #135
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I've had Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone" pumping through my head for the last three days now, with, of course, the replacement lyric being "Anal Zone." I think I'm about to go crazy.
Do you sing it with that sweet falsetto note... "Highway ^TOOOOOOOO the Anal Zooooowuwoooone.... gonna take a ride...."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #136
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
DAN_BRONCO_FAN's Avatar
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

speakin of a-hole Tebow fans does anyone else think macgruder future has him buying a 38 and a copy of the catcher in the rye
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #137
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, ive heard a bunch of stories about him squashing anyone who tries to get in on his power. Not to mention, the free tix and such.

I used to go to Jets games in the 1980's (he was around, but it was pre-fireman), but there was a guy in a klecko jersey that used to lead the chant on the other side of the field. That poor guy got nothing! Anyone from the tri-state area remember him? He used to wave a towel to signal the cheer was coming
Sounds a lot like The Leprauchan for Denver but I hope to God Broncos never give that Jackhole anything of value as his most prized asset for himself is being shown on the big screen. Makes me miss Barrel Man more and more. Great guy and was about being a great fan and making everyone have that home field advantage feeling.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #138
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
speakin of a-hole Tebow fans does anyone else think macgruder future has him buying a 38 and a copy of the catcher in the rye
I really think he will watch The Fan with Snipes and think that is a good idea for his love affair with Tebow. At least MacGruder left within days of his departure. Let us hope he is gone for good.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #139
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Yeah, this guy put himself in the limelight. So, in a place like NY... shouldn't be surprised that it just might backfire.

That said, I also sort of understand his point. People are getting killed in NFL stadium parking lots these days. I wouldn't put my life on the line for Mark Sanchez, either... no matter how much I loved my team.

As for Tebow, he is what he is. But don't tell me if he was inserted as a starter that you wouldn't watch. We all would... just to see what happened. Can you blame Jets fans for being upset that the kind never saw the field considering the train-wreck they're watching?

In any case, it's just nice to be free of a QB controversy, finally.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #140
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac
 
Mile High Mojoe's Avatar
 
Load the Wagon

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Astoria, OR
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Follow this logic train. "Fireman Ed" wears a SANCHEZ jersey at a game where SANCHEZ played like hot garbage. SANCHEZ ran face first into his offensive lineman's ass and loses a football. He cpilots the Jets to a 30 point loss to a division rival on national TV. The latest example of the **** inferno that is the Jets starter at QB. Fireman Ed then complains Jets fans are uncivil and heckling him (GASP! NEW YORKERS ARE a-holeS? OHMAIGAWD NOWAI!) because he chooses to wear the jersey of a suck balls player.

The immediate conclusion you jump to is that Tebow superfans made Fireman Ed quit.

...

This
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #141
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
As for Tebow, he is what he is. But don't tell me if he was inserted as a starter that you wouldn't watch. We all would... just to see what happened.
I'd watch.....but not until halfway through the fourth quarter.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #142
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,904
Default

Sanchez isn't very good, but he's just part of the problem there.

They don't have a legitimate pass-rusher and with Reevis out, their secondary has been exposed.

They took a big hit on the O-Line and their "power" running game has fizzled.

Sanchez lost his best receiver and no one has stepped up. Except for opposing defensive backs who are stepping up to grab the INTs.

Add in all the media scrutiny they invite (as if being in that market wasn't bad enough to begin with).

If Tebow hadn't had damaged ribs, I think they might have given him a shot last week. But I don't think anyone could do much with that team right now.

The funny thing is that they have a pretty soft schedule from here on out and could still stumble to three more wins - just enough to drop them out of prime drafting position.

It would be a really sad situation if I gave a damn.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #143
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, ive heard a bunch of stories about him squashing anyone who tries to get in on his power. Not to mention, the free tix and such.

not sure what "power" he has....but then again some "fans" can become somewhat iconic like the Hogs in Washington, the Crazy Ray in Dallas, Barrelman in Denver, and that fat slob Big Dawg Thompson in Cleveland.

And I think they are regular season ticket holders, and don't get a hand out from the team or the owner....now maybe he gets free sodas or nachos, but that's nothing much in my opinion....afterall one of the reasons he's stopping his schtick is due to people thinking he's on the Jets payroll.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #144
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
not sure what "power" he has....but then again some "fans" can become somewhat iconic like the Hogs in Washington, the Crazy Ray in Dallas, Barrelman in Denver, and that fat slob Big Dawg Thompson in Cleveland.

And I think they are regular season ticket holders, and don't get a hand out from the team or the owner....now maybe he gets free sodas or nachos, but that's nothing much in my opinion....afterall one of the reasons he's stopping his schtick is due to people thinking he's on the Jets payroll.
My best guess is he wears the Sanchez jersey because the team asked him to

he's most certainly on the payroll...he's been featured in their in stadium videos and such
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #145
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
My best guess is he wears the Sanchez jersey because the team asked him to

he's most certainly on the payroll...he's been featured in their in stadium videos and such
He claims he isn't. Also, more than a few Broncos fans appear in Broncos videos. Notably DiscoMan. I don't think (but don't know for sure) they're paid. I guess my point is being in a video doesn't guarantee a check.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #146
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,980
Default

If it's true that he is a bully, then he deserves what he got.

I don't know the guy, but if he instigating then he is just as classless as any a-hole instigating him.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #147
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
He claims he isn't. Also, more than a few Broncos fans appear in Broncos videos. Notably DiscoMan. I don't think (but don't know for sure) they're paid. I guess my point is being in a video doesn't guarantee a check.
Of course he won't say he is, but I'd be willing to bet he is. And most jet fans assume the same. And these videos were fireman Ed centric. Not shot at games
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #148
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,474

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoDoug View Post
Negative ghost rider. That was the following year against Miami. Yhe jets game was a lot closer
Elway's last home game. Not the prettiest, but a sentimental win.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #149
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Of course he won't say he is, but I'd be willing to bet he is. And most jet fans assume the same. And these videos were fireman Ed centric. Not shot at games
So you really don't know, do you?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #150
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So you really don't know, do you?
I never claimed i did? oh, i see why you said that, but I was just making an assumption. And i assume it to be true.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Denver Broncos