The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I've found myself reading a couple of raiders boards over the last couple months and everything they say about him is bad. Literally they say the same thing about McClain as you just did about Mays!

Allen got the best season of his career out of Mays last year. So much that PFF (I'm not a huge believer in them) gave him one of the highest grades for a run stopping MLB. McClain on the other hand is playing like hot garbage. Yes he is more talented then our guys but his level of play isn't so there is no upside. I do trust JDR and Fox and would support them if they felt they could salvage his career. I just won't hold my breath though.
We play a different system from last year to this year, and I think this year's system is better suited for someone like McClain. Same thing could be effecting McClain, it's not like he didn't play well at all.

I mean the guy is 23 years old... came into the league at 21 into an organization like the Raiders... not very great things can happen when you're surrounded in that type of environment.

Elway puts a high grade on character and attitude so you're right, probably should hold my breath but I do think Elway will look deeply into this.

And this cut won't happen until next week so there's time to make some phone calls.

and even if Broncos do put in a claim, there's no guarantee he's falling to us.