The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #76
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league
I don't get this, how can the Pats be both ahead of us in playoff standings and be ahead of us in waiver standings?
I don't think they are, are they?

I think people are saying we should take Babin so that N.E. doesn't get a chance at him, meaning we'd have higher priority.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #77
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
I don't think they are, are they?

I think people are saying we should take Babin so that N.E. doesn't get a chance at him, meaning we'd have higher priority.
Well according to the link the Pats come before us in terms of record so on waiver wire they would get first pickings before us. Then you look at all the playoffs pictures they're the 3rd seed and we are the 4th seed.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #78
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Well according to the link the Pats come before us in terms of record so on waiver wire they would get first pickings before us. Then you look at all the playoffs pictures they're the 3rd seed and we are the 4th seed.
Yeah they definitely have the tie break against us and should be the 3rd seed and us the 4th seed.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #79
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So who's wrong Lombardi or this website? Cause each is saying the opposite.
I would be betting that Lombardi is probably right. He probably called an inside sorce. I don't know what the website did, but I find it interesting that they seem to know where he is visiting.

My question is: If he goes thru the waiver process, then why would he "visit" teams? In other words, why would you pre-arrange visits to teams if you don't know who claimed you yet? This isn't FA. In the waiver process, you don't visit teams, you get claimed, then you go to that team...only.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #80
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Unless they clear waivers which would mean the teams would not have to pay his full contract terms that are left on it.

Some teams will wait On a marginal player and ask him in for a visit of he clears.

That way they can make sure he fits their mental scheme as well as have doctor clear him.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #81
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I don't know why some people wouldn't want the guy for a nice playoff run. Doom on one side and Babin on the other (with Von taking available gaps) on passing downs sounds pretty scary to me. Sounds to me like a recipe for oskies.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #82
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league
I don't get this, how can the Pats be both ahead of us in playoff standings and be ahead of us in waiver standings?
Those standings can't be what they use for the waiver order. All the teams that are tied are sorted alphabetically.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #83
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
t-mobile girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's because you can't be in your 10th year with your sack totals on the fast decline meanwhile you suck against the run.

No thanks. We don't have a problem with QB pressure and sacks. We rank #1 in sacks with 37. If we could use somebody, it would be a massive DT that can eat up blockers and help stuff the run.
How dare you post a reasonable analysis...anything other than knee-jerk reactions of "sign him!" are frowned upon here.

There are reasons why the fan base here in Philly are HAPPY he is gone, and it is mostly because of lack of production...the rest is the piss poor attitude and lack of work ethic.

Last edited by BroncoFanatic; 11-28-2012 at 11:45 AM..
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #84
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
How dare you post a reasonable analysis...anything other than knee-jerk reactions of "sign him!" are frowned upon here.

There are reasons why the fan base here in Philly are HAPPY he is gone, and it is mostly because of lack of production...the rest if the piss poor attitude and lack of work ethic.
I wonder if he's being scapegoated? I don't really care one way or the other if he comes to the Broncos. I think he would bring an advantage, but I see it as more of a luxury than a necessity. It just seems to me that the entire Iggles team has a piss-poor attitude, and the guy who gets the boot, sometimes also gets the blame. Whether it's true or not, who knows?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #85
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I wonder if he's being scapegoated? I don't really care one way or the other if he comes to the Broncos. I think he would bring an advantage, but I see it as more of a luxury than a necessity. It just seems to me that the entire Iggles team has a piss-poor attitude, and the guy who gets the boot, sometimes also gets the blame. Whether it's true or not, who knows?
I'm of the same opinion. If we get him....fine. If not.....fine.

To me, the biggest reason to get him is to keep him from the Patriots.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #86
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'm of the same opinion. If we get him....fine. If not.....fine.

To me, the biggest reason to get him is to keep him from the Patriots.
There goes that fantasy logic again.

What don't you people understand. Team don't spend millions and millions to sign a player because they think said player could help another team. Especially a player like this, who is on the fast decline in terms of production. I can just hear it now. John Elway says to Bowlen "Hey lets sign this guy for millions. I doubt he will get on the field much for us because he really really sucks bad against the run, even Doom is much better against the run then this guy, and honestly, his sacks numbers are absolutely horrible and he's not getting good pressure either, not to mention he was released for attitude problems, so in the end I don't think he can help us much at all, but there is a remote chance he might be able to help the Patriots by getting 2 sacks the rest of the year".

Good grief people - use your brains. Teams DON'T sign players to keep them away from other teams. It DOES NOT work that way. Ahh well, maybe if some of us here say enough times, it might get through those thick skulls.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #87
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:

What don't you people understand. Team don't spend millions and millions to sign a player because they think said player could help another team. Especially a player like this, who is on the fast decline in terms of production. I can just hear it now. John Elway says to Bowlen "Hey lets sign this guy for millions. I doubt he will get on the field much for us because he really really sucks bad against the run, even Doom is much better against the run then this guy, and honestly, his sacks numbers are absolutely horrible and he's not getting good pressure either, not to mention he was released for attitude problems, so in the end I don't think he can help us much at all, but there is a remote chance he might be able to help the Patriots by getting 2 sacks the rest of the year".

Good grief people - use your brains. Teams DON'T sign players to keep them away from other teams. It DOES NOT work that way. Ahh well, maybe if some of us here say enough times, it might get through those thick skulls.
But good teams ARE always looking to upgrade their rosters. Are you telling me that ALL 53 players on our current roster are better than Babin? And I'm calling BS on your claim that it NEVER happens.....if he presents a roster upgrade, AND serves the "anti-New England" purpose too....then so be it.

Someone needs to take their Midol.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #88
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:

I don't think we actually know what is going on in that Eagle's lockerroom. Was Babin the cause, or a scapegoat? Like I said, sometimes the guy who gets the boot gets the blame, not because it is true, but because it is convenient. Given the way Dawkins was hemming and hawing in that interview, I think there is more going on than just stuff you can blame on one guy. Any team that looks at him will have to do some intense interviewing and a little investigative background stuff in Philly, no doubt. But it could also be true that Babin wasn't performing because the work atmosphere in Philly is toxic. If that's the case, some team might get a steal.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #89
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

The yankees used to do it
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #90
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Lol I didn't knew this forum was fill with so many members of the white supremacy. So many "Yea let's sign him he's white"
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #91
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Lol I didn't knew this forum was fill with so many members of the white supremacy. So many "Yea let's sign him he's white"
http://deadspin.com/5872698/all+whit...eam-who-ya-got
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #92
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
The yankees used to do it
Hell even the chargers did it to us the year 8 rbs were on ir. They signed michael bennett just so Denver couldnt.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #93
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
HOWEVER, don't forget the white team's advantage at kicker and punter, not to mention all the gritty white undrafted NON GLORY BOY-TYPES who would hustle down the field on special teams for Team Whitey!

You should feel free to stand in a shower with your lady and awkwardly try to find a comfortable position to screw in while she hogs all the hot water and you're standing behind her shivering like a goddamn hobo.

Thanks. I needed that.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #94
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

That really is the perfect way to revamp the pro-bowl
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #95
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
Hell even the chargers did it to us the year 8 rbs were on ir. They signed michael bennett just so Denver couldnt.
Exactly. I couldn't remember who it was but I knew the Chargers did it to use
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #96
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Favorite quote from it....

Quote:
Also, racism is bad.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #97
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Favorite quote from it....
The all-white team's official licensed jersey would sell out in Boston in four seconds.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #98
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Go Aryan race! I mean Broncos! excuse me
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #99
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Claimed off waivers, no team announced yet Jags claimed him.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #100
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Yup.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jaguars claimed Jason Babin.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote