The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #51
comoose00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Jackson used to kill Denver. Go look it up.
I knew the truth but want to show you I was right

10/9 3 catches for 34 yards no tds
11/27 2 catches for 25 yards no tds
first game dnp cause he was being a b**** and holding out
1/2 3 catches for 53 yards no tds
10/19 4 catches for 46 yards and 1 tds
11/22 4 catches for 56 yards no tds
9/14 6 catches for 73 yards and no tds
12/28 2 catches for 47 yards and no tds
10/7 3 catches for 84 yards and no tds
12/24 4 catches for 46 yards and no tds
11/19 3 catches for 39 yards and 1 tds
12/10 3 catches for 95 yards and no tds

so 37 rec for 598 yards and 2 tds over 11 games
for an average 3.36 catches 54.36 yards per game and .18 tds per game

that is down right scary
Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #52
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
In deep accuracy, Freeman is 11th. Peyton is 2nd.
Freeman has more yards this year than anyone on deep balls.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #53
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
V Jackson will have to be stopped. Averaging 20 yards per catch? That's a deep ball
Do not profess to being an expert but what I have seen of them mostly redzone channel on Sundays few if any of the catches Jackson has made are in stride going for the end zone.

Most of the ones I have seen he has had to work for the catch coming back for it and the QB is not a great passer. Has a strong arm but not "Manning" acurate.

Again a lot of VJs receptions the CB are almost no where to be seen. well not sticky close like our guys have been playing.

Still overall I think it could be a struggle. A close win or a blow out.

If Manning can get his rhythm EARLY and run their asses ragged at altitude come mid 3rd quarter and through the 4th we should pull away. Force them to pass and then let the dawgs out.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #54
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Perhaps you should...in 12 career games against Denver he has never had a 100 yard day, rarely broke 50 yards actually and scored a total of 3 TD's.
I don't look up anything that is what I got you guys for!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #55
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoose00 View Post
I knew the truth but want to show you I was right

10/9 3 catches for 34 yards no tds
11/27 2 catches for 25 yards no tds
first game dnp cause he was being a b**** and holding out
1/2 3 catches for 53 yards no tds
10/19 4 catches for 46 yards and 1 tds
11/22 4 catches for 56 yards no tds
9/14 6 catches for 73 yards and no tds
12/28 2 catches for 47 yards and no tds
10/7 3 catches for 84 yards and no tds
12/24 4 catches for 46 yards and no tds
11/19 3 catches for 39 yards and 1 tds
12/10 3 catches for 95 yards and no tds

so 37 rec for 598 yards and 2 tds over 11 games
for an average 3.36 catches 54.36 yards per game and .18 tds per game

that is down right scary
Not sure if serious.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #56
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I just hope the Broncos get over this "slow start" bs. It's getting difficult to just make it through the first quarter of some of these games without breaking something.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #57
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Through the years, many a defensive coordinator in the NFL has lamented the two worst things you can give Peyton Manning: the lead and time to throw.
If he has both, it's pretty much a done deal, as seen in one 10-win season stacked up on another over the course of his career. Manning had nine consecutive 10-win seasons in his last nine years as a starter in Indianapolis. He is headed for a 10-plus-win season in his first year with the Broncos.
It comes to light because the Buccaneers are a defensive team that invites the pass with an engraved football.
The Bucs are No. 1 against the run in the league but last against the pass. Some teams have struggled to run it against the Buccaneers, and some teams haven't bothered

Peyton Manning is ranked No. 2 in this week's Tuesday Morning QB rankings. (Denver Post file)
to try all that much because they don't have to.
The Buccaneers have surrendered 51 pass plays this season of at least 20 yards. That's a temple-rubbing number for any defensive coordinator. Four teams have had at least six completions of 20 yards or more in games against the Buccaneers this season.

Read more: Peyton Manning, Broncos should go big with the pass vs. Bucs defense - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2DXFkovrg
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #58
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos

The hands of the best NFL wide receivers sculpt touchdowns out of thin air. The hands can grab a game, steal it away.
But to Champ Bailey, it's not always the hands of those receivers rising up, snatching footballs, that are the root of the problem.
"The big guys, you can't let them get their hands on you," Bailey said. "They want to play it physical, get their hands on you, get you away from them. Those guys are tough because they're big, strong and the ones that can run too are always the toughest. Always.
"Vincent Jackson is one of those guys. He's big, strong and fast, and if he gets his hands on you, it's trouble."
Jackson, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound Colorado Springs native, has been a familiar sight for the

Read more: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2DXGHNP3d
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Manning should take a long shot to DT the first time the Broncos touch the ball.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #60
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I would like to see Holliday as a receiver on the first possession and send him on a go route for the first three downs or until he hits one for a TD. That will set the tone for the rest of the game and give our opponents something to game plan for the rest of the way
Old 11-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #61
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Manning should take a long shot to DT the first time the Broncos touch the ball.
I would love to see Manning HIT a deep shot on the first series.

However, Manning seems to not get his accuracy down until he has had about a quarter of action. I believe that is at least part of the reason we have so many slow starts, and why we have turned the ball over so much ( usually in the first half). Most of Mannings picks have been 1st quarter. When the D can't get the other team off the field early on Manning tends to check down more also. His pressing early is a bad thing, since it usually leads to a 3 and out, early in games.

I'd rather they use some underneath stuff, easy quick throws early until PM gets his rythym. That requires the run game be somewhat productive early on to set up PA for the Deep throws.

Our O-line has got to control the line of scrimmage early on to allow PM the comfort level he has to have to "settle". We will need a better performance this week than the one we had against KC.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #62
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I just hope the Broncos get over this "slow start" bs. It's getting difficult to just make it through the first quarter of some of these games without breaking something.
I rarely sit down and watch the games from the beginning anymore. Usually DVR it and start about 45 minutes into the game. Since I have redzone going most of the time on another channel I have a clue in what has happened. It gives me the chance to fast forward through the crappy starts and all the commercials. By the end of the game I'm about even and finish on time.

Soothes the nerves that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #63
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

In most cases those teams with top five defense in some area or the other suck at the other side.

Not many are good at defending both the run and pass.

The ones with great run defenses like the buck since you can pass at will why even try to run. Thus the run D gets better and better each week.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #64
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
... Manning seems to not get his accuracy down until he has had about a quarter of action. I believe that is at least part of the reason we have so many slow starts, and why we have turned the ball over so much ( usually in the first half). Most of Mannings picks have been 1st quarter. When the D can't get the other team off the field early on Manning tends to check down more also. His pressing early is a bad thing, since it usually leads to a 3 and out, early in games.
I think it may be due to three factors. First, he's still in the process of developing rapport with his receivers. Timing is such a huge issue in this kind of offense. As the game goes on, they tend to get into more of a routine. Second - and especially after the first quarter Atlanta debacle in week 2 - I think he naturally plays a little more conservatively early in the game, probing the D and seeing how they react, in order to set up bigger plays later on. Third, for whatever reason, this offense looks much more effective when they go into hurry-up mode and they usually wait at least a quarter before picking up that pace.

It's frustrating, because the defense is much more effective when they can T-off with a lead.

On the other hand, I'm not going to complain too much about a top-five offense and a team that's on a six-game winning streak.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #65
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I think its also because, by the 2nd half, Manning has the opposing defense completely figured out.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #66
CEH
Ring of Famer

I bet Tampa Bay will just grind it on the ground and pound the interior of our line

KC showed the blue print for how to slow Denver down
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #67
Bronco Yoda

One any given sunday... but this really is a team we should beat with no problem. That is if we don't have the drops, TO's & missed FG's to contend with.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #68
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #69
comoose00

[QUOTE=cmhargrove;3739441]Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face.]

Just to be clear, Schiano didn't agree to anything. He was playing by the rules. He is trying to change the culture of a perennial bottom of the barrel team. I don't care if "old man rosy cheeks" liked it or not. League said there is no issues with it and that he was within the rules of the game.

If you don't like it then run the damn ball or do it to them if they are kneeling on the play. But to say he is an a-hole or anything else is little ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #70
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I bet Tampa Bay will just grind it on the ground and pound the interior of our line

New England showed how actually and nobody could duplicate it til KC but they still couldn't win.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #71
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

KC showed that you need pass rush and excellent coverage to slow down the Broncos offense, Tampa Bay has none of those things. It is like saying you need a good truffle and some nicely aged parmesan to make a good pasta dish to someone who has a budget of 3.50 to feed himself, it is true but it is useless info.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #72
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Just to be clear, a kneel down at the end of the game is like a "gentleman's agreement." What Schiano decided to do is slap the Giants in the face. He's a rookie NFL coach, and he has obviously learned not to insult his "fraternity of coaches."

He may be a tremendous coach and human being, but he screwed up when he sent his defenders after a game ending kneel. If this were to become his regular convention, teams would undoubtedly try "anything possible" to bury his teams at the end of the game. His players proably wouldn't appreciate what other teams could dream up that was "within the rules of play."

Fight hard, fight to the end, but a kneel down is a foregone conclusion. At that point, attempts to fight it out just become a "sore loser" mentality.
He did it to the cowboys too.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #73
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos

The hands of the best NFL wide receivers sculpt touchdowns out of thin air. The hands can grab a game, steal it away.
But to Champ Bailey, it's not always the hands of those receivers rising up, snatching footballs, that are the root of the problem.
"The big guys, you can't let them get their hands on you," Bailey said. "They want to play it physical, get their hands on you, get you away from them. Those guys are tough because they're big, strong and the ones that can run too are always the toughest. Always.
"Vincent Jackson is one of those guys. He's big, strong and fast, and if he gets his hands on you, it's trouble."
Jackson, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound Colorado Springs native, has been a familiar sight for the

Read more: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson a familiar dilemma for Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2DXGHNP3d

Everyhing else was true Jackson isn't in the same zip code as FAST....................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #74
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Ahhh... it's a football game & the clock is still running. I don't understand what everyone's case of the a$$ is on this one. Both NY and Dallas were up by a TD or less. If you can try and force a TO to win the game, why wouldn't you? Just because no one has tried it before doesn't make it wrong. This whole thing reminds of the whining by opposition players when Fran Tarkenton started to scramble instead of standing like a stone in the pocket.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #75
Agamemnon

Quote:

I bet we crush their run game. Most teams have not run that well on us.