The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #151
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
http://walterfootball.com/pro2009kmoreno.php

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2009&genpos=rb

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MoreKn00.htm

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...orical/1114939

All these places had/have him at 207-217

It's really hard to trust these things....any of them. I mean I doubt any of them have changed (including on the broncos site, or ESPN) since his rookie year...and there is a almost 20lb fluxuation
they(most sport sites) normally change a players weight each season once they report to training camp and get weighed in officially. unless the mother is so big they can't get accurate weight.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #152
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I want to see him run successfully against a team not named the Chiefs.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #153
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
The Chiefs defense isn't why they are so terrible.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #154
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
The Chiefs actually have a pretty good line, and a good LB and Safety... their run defense is pretty much their only strength.

They run the ball decent, too. The reason they suck is that they don't have a QB and their abysmal redzone offense.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #155
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

They did a pretty good job on our run game considering they played 5 and 6 man fronts. When they played 7 and 8 in known running situations they manhandled us.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #156
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Traded Moreno and MoJo for Damaryius Thomas. I got Mojo for Hillman. Lol.

I don't think Mojo is coming back. So basically I got Damaryius Thomas for a waiver move
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #157
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was referencing the fact Moreno has only had solid running days against the Chiefs, by the way.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #158
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I was referencing the fact Moreno has only had solid running days against the Chiefs, by the way.
Another OMane myth.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #159
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Another OMane myth.
Indeed, People get stuck on the final yard totals. Hard to have a ton of yards when you've only gotten 20+ carries 8 times in your career. On the other side he has averaged 4+ yards per carry in 18 games. (he averages 4.2 in the games he got 20+ carries in, same as his career ypa actually).

If he maintained a 4.2 average and averaged 20 carries he'd be a 1300-1400 yard back, and that is purely rushing the ball. Get him a few catches a game, which he excels at, and you are looking at 1700-2000 all purpose yards.

All that is based purely on his actual performance stats. Not superstar worthy, which is what people still expect, but a damn productive back still.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #160
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Another OMane myth.
Exactly. He has several very good games his rookie year and played a big part in all of our wins that year.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #161
JakeZ01

Quote:
Indeed, People get stuck on the final yard totals. Hard to have a ton of yards when you've only gotten 20+ carries 8 times in your career. On the other side he has averaged 4+ yards per carry in 18 games. (he averages 4.2 in the games he got 20+ carries in, same as his career ypa actually).

If he maintained a 4.2 average and averaged 20 carries he'd be a 1300-1400 yard back, and that is purely rushing the ball. Get him a few catches a game, which he excels at, and you are looking at 1700-2000 all purpose yards.

All that is based purely on his actual performance stats. Not superstar worthy, which is what people still expect, but a damn productive back still.
All these facts get in the way of my stupidity and knowshon hate. Please stop so I can continue to be a happy moron.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #162
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Exactly. He has several very good games his rookie year and played a big part in all of our wins that year.
Knowshow got zero slack because of the off-field stuff. Early promise followed by little progress, garnished with Saucy DUI goodness just smells like a kid pissing away potential.

Sounds like maybe he learned something from his time in Inactiveland and can get a fresh start. I'll drink to that tonight.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #163
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Perception's reality round these parts. When Knowshon makes a sweet play (that screen pass he took for a TD against SD last year for example), people here only view it negatively, as if he should make plays like that every play. It comes with a "finally" exclamation. Obviously he's been a disappointment, and he's played far under his talent level, but people need to get their head checked when he's mentioned in the same breath as Lance Ball.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #164
DENVERDUI55

Slowshon is a hof player. Rack it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #165
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

really, the only time Moreno has looked good, is when he is catching the ball. Sometimes he looks REAL GOOD catching the ball out of the backfield. Seriously, why not turn him into a primary receiving-only type of back. Pass-Pro + Receiving out of the backfield. Find somebody else to actually run the ball....
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #166
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Seriously, why not turn him into a primary receiving-only type of back. Pass-Pro + Receiving out of the backfield. Find somebody else to actually run the ball....
So you want to come right out and just tell the defense that you're passing the ball every single time he's in the backfield? Nothing could go wrong there.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #167
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
So you want to come right out and just tell the defense that you're passing the ball every single time he's in the backfield? Nothing could go wrong there.
It's like Tebow, but in reverse!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #168
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Another OMane myth.
Oh, is that why he was inactive this season, to be replaced by the youngest player in the entire NFL? Because he's so consistent and stays on the field? Someone mentioned he never gets 20+ carries as if that's a coaching decision. Moreno doesn't get 20+ carries because he breaks in half after ten. Wanna know why McGahee is an immensely superior runningback? Because he runs hard, he knows how to cut into holes, and he stays on the field. Which of those can Moreno do? The only myth here is that Moreno is a great blocker and ball catcher. But in a pass-heavy offense he's inactive. Makes perfect sense. You apologists are nuts.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #169
Agamemnon

Quote:

If only he could stay healthy...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #170
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Oh, is that why he was inactive this season, to be replaced by the youngest player in the entire NFL? Because he's so consistent and stays on the field?
Ummm, what? Forget to take your meds or something?

You're making a COMPLETELY different argument here.

I was responding to the statement that Moreno has only played well against the Chiefs. That statement is flat out wrong and cannot be defended. Sorry.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #171
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Oh, is that why he was inactive this season, to be replaced by the youngest player in the entire NFL? Because he's so consistent and stays on the field? Someone mentioned he never gets 20+ carries as if that's a coaching decision. Moreno doesn't get 20+ carries because he breaks in half after ten. Wanna know why McGahee is an immensely superior runningback? Because he runs hard, he knows how to cut into holes, and he stays on the field. Which of those can Moreno do? The only myth here is that Moreno is a great blocker and ball catcher. But in a pass-heavy offense he's inactive. Makes perfect sense. You apologists are nuts.
Lol what.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #172
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i wanna see Moreno do some one cut and go tough running on a consistent basis.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #173
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Games missed due to injury in the first 2 years as Broncos:
Moreno: 3
Mcgahee: 7

TD per touch ratio:
Moreno: TD every 30.2 touches
Mcgahee: TD every 60.5 touches

As pass catchers only:
Moreno: a TD per 13.5 catches
McGahee: a TD per 40.4 catches

I like Willis, and he is a tough runner, but there are no numbers to back up him being "Vastly superior" when it comes to production for the broncos. All it is is bias.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #174
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Where were the goons who wanted Michael from A&M again? I notice that they vacated the thread as soon as I brought up his history of suckitude.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #175
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Where were the goons who wanted Michael from A&M again? I notice that they vacated the thread as soon as I brought up his history of suckitude.
I like Michael as a player....I prefer Cameron Marshall though