The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #26
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Jackson used to kill Denver. Go look it up.

Maybe with our old corners but this guy is a sloth.........I could run him down.

This is no way in hell he gets any YAC against us. A decent jumping CB will blanket him.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
CEH
Ring of Famer

I can't find it but Denver really hasn't given up a big run or pass all year

I could see TB breakng off a couple of each if the defense is not in their gaps and the secondary is not insync. They need to bring down the offensive player on first contact

These guys can put up points
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #28
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm predicting a shootout, but I think Denver's got a better defense, especially in the passing game. Add in home field and I'll say 34-28, Broncos.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

You guys should know they completely skull****ed our running game.

Josh Freeman is the best deep ball passer in the league right now.

If your pass rush comes to play you got this. If not, could be a high scoring affair.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Jackson used to kill Denver. Go look it up.
Perhaps you should...in 12 career games against Denver he has never had a 100 yard day, rarely broke 50 yards actually and scored a total of 3 TD's.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #31
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

As seen last week they better not take anyone lightly and play their "A Game"
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Manning & DT go wild and Moreno is solid. D plays their best game of the year.

Broncos 42

Bucks 17
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Manning & DT go wild and Moreno is solid. D plays their best game of the year.

Broncos 42

Bucks 17
I don't know why people are worried about this game at all. Denver -7 is a gift and a half.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I'd like to know how points given up by the Denver defense against teams played compares those team's season points average. Anyone know if that stat. is kept and where it is.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #35
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Something we will see one of these games is Holliday lined up as a WR on go routes. Manning will score on this until the D gives the corner some help which will leave DT & Decker one on one. Pick your poison. This game is the perfect place to do or should we save it for the playoffs?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #36
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm calling it a closer game then most would think. We are still going to be getting used to having no McGahee so I don't think our run game is going to be impressive. Probably decent but not great. We need to get that kicked into another gear. You simply can't be 1 dimensional against the better teams.

Broncos 26
Bucs 20
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #37
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
You guys should know they completely skull****ed our running game.

Josh Freeman is the best deep ball passer in the league right now.

If your pass rush comes to play you got this. If not, could be a high scoring affair.
In deep accuracy, Freeman is 11th. Peyton is 2nd.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
This is a solid team. Schianao is an a-hole, but he coaches solid fundamentals and this is a really tough team.

Has anyone seen many games with these guys in it? I have only seen a little bit.

On Offense, they obviously run the ball frequently and effectively with Martin and they have some really good big play WRs getting thrown the ball by a big, strong-armed QB. Sound familiar? That's what made the Chargers so good for so many years when they were kicking our asses. This is gonna be a good test for our defense.

On defense, what they're good at is less clear. Their rankings are what they are, but from the eye test, it looks like they have a pretty poor pass defense, but one that always seems to make key interceptions, and they're really good at returning them for TDs.

It'll be a close, tough game, IMO. But it's also in Denver. We'll win this. Especially if Moreno can repeat his performance from last week.

People think Schianao is a "dick", because Tom Caughlin didn't like Schianao asking his young team to play to the final second. What people forget is Schianao was the same head coach that gave one of his former Rutgers players who was paralyzed an NFL contract, and fulfilled a young persons dream that was all but shattered by the sport he loves. Good football coach, and good human.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #39
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver's run defense is not as good as the stats portray; there's just been a lack of competition there. If Jamal Charles can gash eight/nine in the box (with Brady Quinn at QB), I'd be worried about Martin. That said, the Buccaneers have an awful pass defense and I expect Manning to tear it up. I think this is one of Denver's most interesting matchups all season.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #41
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
This is going to be a Denver blowout. And I'll tell you why...The Bucs have the worst pass defense, and they have no name players in the secondary. They're going to focus on stopping the pass, and this will open up everything for the Broncos offense. They will run it and playaction will be open all day for some deep bombs. Also, our defense is very much underrated ... I trully think we have a dominant defense with #1 potential. I think this will be Denver's best game on offense, and the defense will be balling as usual.
I hope you are right. Not only would help the broncos keep pace for Home Field in the AFC, but it would also help the redskins playoff push

If the broncos are on top of their game, I could see a blowout as well. If the Broncos play like they have the past 3 weeks, I see it in the L column.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #42
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm calling it a closer game then most would think. We are still going to be getting used to having no McGahee so I don't think our run game is going to be impressive. Probably decent but not great. We need to get that kicked into another gear. You simply can't be 1 dimensional against the better teams.

Broncos 26
Bucs 20
When was our running game regarded impressive this year with McGahee? If Moreno can repeat what he did last week, he will actually average more than Willis through the year. Plus... lets hope he doesn't put it on the ground, if he can accomplish that... well, that would be one of our most noticeable improvements.

I think we keep if close for the first half, then run away with it in the second!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #43
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Perhaps you should...in 12 career games against Denver he has never had a 100 yard day, rarely broke 50 yards actually and scored a total of 3 TD's.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #44
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I can't find it but Denver really hasn't given up a big run or pass all year

I could see TB breakng off a couple of each if the defense is not in their gaps and the secondary is not insync. They need to bring down the offensive player on first contact

These guys can put up points
They sure did in the Houston game.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I have Peyton down for 4 TDs, 2 going to Decker, 1 to Thomas and 1 to Moreno.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #46
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
When was our running game regarded impressive this year with McGahee? If Moreno can repeat what he did last week, he will actually average more than Willis through the year. Plus... lets hope he doesn't put it on the ground, if he can accomplish that... well, that would be one of our most noticeable improvements.

I think we keep if close for the first half, then run away with it in the second!
I think the opposite. We need to get up early on this team and we will game plan to do just that. The last thing we want is to let Martin get rolling, we do that by getting a couple scores early.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #47
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Doug Martin is absolutely tearing it up right now, Josh Freeman has joined the ranks of pro bowl-worthy quarterbacks, and the Tampa Bay defensive front is pretty deep.

I say we lose a few fumbles early, dig ourselves a hole, then come roaring back in the 4th quarter to almost, but not quite, win the game.

Bucs 28, Broncos 26
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #48
Agamemnon

The Broncos should dominate them. Whether or not they actually do is another matter entirely.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #49
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Why is it every time we play an NFC team away it's CBS's week for only one game and every time we play an NFC game at home it's Fox's week for only one game. Gezz.
The networks are determined by the road team and conference they are in. AFC is CBS and FOX is NFC.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #50
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
The networks are determined by the road team and conference they are in. AFC is CBS and FOX is NFC.
No I know that but when we need a double header from Fox because we have an NFC team at home it's their turn for only a single game that week conversely when we need a double header from CBS to increase our chances for the away game at an NFC location of being televised over a wider area they are on their single game week. CBS and FOX alternate double header weeks as you know.