The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Nuthugger
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
this thread is pointless. i dont need split second analysis to know he didnt do ****.
Way to piss on Action's efforts here. If its pointless just stay off the thread.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Way to piss on Action's efforts here. If its pointless just stay off the thread.
Thanks Action. Matty added nothing and should have kept his mouth shut.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Formation: 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB
Defense: 2 down linemen, 2 LB, 4 at the LOS and only 1 LB behind the LOS

Ronnie lines up behind Manning on what looks like should be a favorable matchup for the OLine and for a running play.

It's a running play and Hillman gets the handoff. This is what he sees when he gets the ball. As you can see the line is pretty scrambled.

The line doesn't give up much and this is Hillman approaching the LOS. There is an unblocked DB coming in and Ronnie decides to cut back in.

Ronnie Hillman cuts in.

Hillman is able to find a small crease inside the DB and use his momentum to get a 1 yard run. He is tackled by the DB.

Again, there wasn't much here on the play. You can say he could have tried to juke the DB and bounce out but that probably wouldn't be successful as the DB was running in with good technique. The play was obviously designed to go inside as most our running plays are.
Hillman should have followed the pulling guard, #68 Beadles, and bounced this running play outside, to the short side of the field. That would have been an easy 5 yards if not a whole lot more. Instead, he cuts it back up into the inside of Beadles for no gain.

I'm pretty sure Hillman was coached up to cut inside on this play since it is being run to the shortside of the field. The problem is he does not yet have the vision to see the opening to the outside. Hopefull his vision will develop with time but right now I think all he wants to do is do exactly what the coaches tell him to do, and run the play exactly the way it was designed. JMHO but that's what it looks like to me.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 11-27-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Play #5 and #7 if he cuts to the outside he gets yards instead of running into the lineman

#3 Manning threw it to Tamme for a good gain but if he throws it to Hillman Tamme is the blocker in front of Hillman and it could've been a huge gain, right?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Hillman should have followed the pulling guard, #68 Beadles, and bounced this running play outside, to the short side of the field. That would have been an easy 5 yards if not a whole lot more. Instead, he cuts it back up into the inside of Beadles for no gain.

I'm pretty sure Hillman was coached up to cut inside on this play since it is being run to the shortside of the field. The problem is he does not yet have the vision to see the opening to the outside. Hopefull his vision will develop with time but right now I think all he wants to do is do exactly what the coaches tell him to do, and run the play exactly the way it was designed. JMHO but that's what it looks like to me.
It doesnt look like Beadles was headed outside for that block
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It doesnt look like Beadles was headed outside for that block
The pulling guard generally takes the first guy he sees, he puts his hat on the first red jersey he sees. Hillman should follow the guard (Beadles) and then adjust to Beadles block. However, it looks like Hillman stops and cuts up inside. Maybe it's because Hillman saw a kc red jersey and decided to cut it up inside? It's hard to know what Hillman saw from the angle we have.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

After looking at the pics again I think this no-gain run is Beadles fault. From my perspective Beadles should have blocked the DB that is coming in on the play, but he doesn't, I'm not sure who Beadles is trying to block. Hillman sees the DB and cuts inside. The play is pretty much dead right there.

So, bad blocking my friends, bad blocking.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
After looking at the pics again I think this no-gain run is Beadles fault. From my perspective Beadles should have blocked the DB that is coming in on the play, but he doesn't, I'm not sure who Beadles is trying to block. Hillman sees the DB and cuts inside. The play is pretty much dead right there.

I noticed that too. Looks like he turns in and there's already a chief coming through? From the looks of it if Beadles stays outside for that DB something could've happened better than the result.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #35
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

I was going to say...if Beadles blocks that safety...that's a TD! How did he not block that safety..i'd really like to be in the film room to get his thoughts on the play. This is why we were going to draft Castro! Beadles is never going to be better than an average guard.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #36
DENVERDUI55

Nice thread. You can see why KC played us good they contained the run game pretty well with 5 and 6 guys. Run game was good but could of been great with the yards left on the field. Denver OL isn't a great run blocking unit. Ronnie needs developement he isn't like Porridge who was ready and explosive immediately.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #37
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Thanks for doing this Action. We talked about this thread on our podcast tonight!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

A great thread, Action -- appreciate the work that you put into it!

The Hillman/Holliday backfield is intriguing.... too bad that McCoy likes to run that combo up the middle instead of running sweeps, misdirection plays, and screens.... Maybe we picked up Jacob Hester to be 'Mr. Outside' to Ronnie Hillman's 'Mr. Inside'.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #39
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Awesome thread. The OM has been really great this season.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #40
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Thanks for doing this Action. We talked about this thread on our podcast tonight!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:46 AM   #41
Bacchus

So from all these pictures it really looks like he sucks bad.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #42
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So from all these pictures it really looks like he sucks bad.
I can't really tell if you're serious...
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #43
ol#7

I am not really sure what we are supposed to take away from this. So far I havent seen anything from Hillman that makes me think he has it in him to be special. Just looks utterly forgettable and average most of the time. Not to say you don't need guys like that, but thats what my impression has been so far.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #44
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I went to University of South Carolina while Trindon was at LSU. While he was still primarily a special teams player, when he was used on offense it was out the backfield or on routes to get him in space and obviously a player with is speed makes that very dangerous and keeps the defense off guard.

When he got a pass a couple weeks back he was able to get a quick 11 yards out of it, and i remember in a manning interview he was talking about the possibilities the offense could have if they could get Trindon on the field.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #45
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
I am not really sure what we are supposed to take away from this. So far I havent seen anything from Hillman that makes me think he has it in him to be special. Just looks utterly forgettable and average most of the time. Not to say you don't need guys like that, but thats what my impression has been so far.
His opportunities are limited.

He doesn't need to be "special." Special is Adrian Peterson. Peyton Manning.

Players aren't just gauged by being being unforgettable or special... but maybe that's different amongst different fans.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #46
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think Hillman still doesn't know the offense well enough. I think functionally he can block and do what they need to, but I don't know if mentally he is in tune enough to have three plays memorized every down ready so when Manning checks he isn't lost. In a hostile enviornment they want to go with Moreno just because he always knows where he's supposed to be rather than risk poor communication and a blown play by the rookie.

I also want to reitereate that Kuper had a good game and it was Clady and Beadles who struggled.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
I think Hillman still doesn't know the offense well enough. I think functionally he can block and do what they need to, but I don't know if mentally he is in tune enough to have three plays memorized every down ready so when Manning checks he isn't lost. In a hostile enviornment they want to go with Moreno just because he always knows where he's supposed to be rather than risk poor communication and a blown play by the rookie.

I also want to reitereate that Kuper had a good game and it was Clady and Beadles who struggled.
Kuper did have a good game considering he was just back from injury. He lined up against Tyson Jackson mainly but they also moved Tamba Hali inside a couple of times and Kuper picked him up well.

On running plays he pretty much kuperred Dontari Poe 5, 6 yards down the field.

He did give up a sack to Tyson Jackson but that was because Manning held onto the ball and ran into Jackson who was still at the line of scrimmage being blocked by Kuper and landed a lucky coverage sack.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #48
Bronco Yoda

Quote:

yeah Beadles had a rough night out there.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote