The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shanahan going to make it through the season?
Yes 61 83.56%
No 8 10.96%
It's Griese's fault 12 16.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #126
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
..they're in running to win arguably the toughest div in football...
There's one team in that division with a winning record right now. So "arguably" to say the very least.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #127
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

NFC East is having a down year. The eagles are embarrassing, the cowboys have been overhyped for years now.

Giants deserve a lot of credit but even they aren't that great. Still, they do well in a league full of parity.

But yeah, the buzz around the NFC east circles is that RGIII has the other 3 franchises and their fan bases scared. We will see if it happens...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #128
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
There's one team in that division with a winning record right now. So "arguably" to say the very least.
Not really.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #129
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
NFC East is having a down year. The eagles are embarrassing, the cowboys have been overhyped for years now.

Giants deserve a lot of credit but even they aren't that great. Still, they do well in a league full of parity.

But yeah, the buzz around the NFC east circles is that RGIII has the other 3 franchises and their fan bases scared. We will see if it happens...
I think the Giants are the best team in the NFC.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #130
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Not really.
This isn't the same NFC east as in the past. The entire division is average/mediocre down to bad. Giants are the only threat. Don't tell me the cowboys are good cause they aren't. Eagles are a disaster. Redskins are no better than average. Plenty of other divisions tougher than them.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #131
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Not really.
So you can make an argument that the NFC East is the "toughest" division in the league? When it clearly isn't this year?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #132
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
This isn't the same NFC east as in the past. The entire division is average/mediocre down to bad. Giants are the only threat. Don't tell me the cowboys are good cause they aren't. Eagles are a disaster. Redskins are no better than average. Plenty of other divisions tougher than them.
Well the Cowboys and Eagles have taken a step back. Washington has improved and the Giants are always Dangerous. They are a team that it does not matter what their record is because they play better on the road then they do at home. If they squeak into the playoffs they will wreck some havoc.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #133
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I would go with most experienced at this stage. I still feel like the Packers and 49ers are better.

I know they destroyed SF earlier this year but I think the 49ers are deeper and better and will show up if they meet when it matters. Packers can also be way too explosive for the Giants.

The Giants still value the trenches play which is why they have been owning the NFC east. I think that's where they are good. Good offensive line and a defensive line that scares Tom Brady ****less.

BUT, I mean the redskins are average and are crap without RGIII and they still had them dead in the 1st meeting before that inexcusable bite by Madieu Williams. That's the thing IMO, the Giants don't scare anyone and it's reflected in their record recently. A lot of 9-7, 8-8 type seasons. I will, however, give them credit for their performance in big games and pressure situations.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #134
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you can make an argument that the NFC East is the "toughest" division in the league? When it clearly isn't this year?
I'd say their worst team is better than the best team in our division other than us.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #135
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'd say their worst team is better than the best team in our division other than us.
I agree. Let's go with record, so Eagles. Eagles are better than Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs.

Not even close, IMO.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #136
Bacchus

Quote:
I would go with most experienced at this stage. I still feel like the Packers and 49ers are better.

I know they destroyed SF earlier this year but I think the 49ers are deeper and better and will show up if they meet when it matters. Packers can also be way too explosive for the Giants.

The Giants still value the trenches play which is why they have been owning the NFC east. I think that's where they are good. Good offensive line and a defensive line that scares Tom Brady ****less.

BUT, I mean the redskins are average and are crap without RGIII and they still had them dead in the 1st meeting before that inexcusable bite by Madieu Williams. That's the thing IMO, the Giants don't scare anyone and it's reflected in their record recently. A lot of 9-7, 8-8 type seasons. I will, however, give them credit for their performance in big games and pressure situations.
The Redskins were 4-12 two years ago. They were 6-10 last year and now they are looking to go 8-8 plus they have been ravaged by injuries. Next year they will be competing for a division title.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #137
Bacchus

Quote:

The Giants killed the 49ers earlier and right now they are putting a clinic on the Packers. No one will want to face them in the playoffs,
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #138
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That hardly makes them the best division in football
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #139
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That hardly makes them the best division in football
I didn't say it as a definitive statement, but I'd love to know what divisions are definitively better than that?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #140
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
If you said the best playoffs team I would agree but not this year That honor goes to SF.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #141
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I didn't say it as a definitive statement, but I'd love to know what divisions are definitively better than that?
Collectively they have 19 wins. The NFC west has 22. NFC north has 25. NFC south 23. AFC east has 21. AFC north has 24. AFC south has 24. Only the AFC west has less wins.

It's absurd to think a division that has only 1 team with a winning record is better than a division that has 3 teams with winning records
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #142
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Not to thread jack but my order of best division to worst:

1) AFC North
2) AFC South
3) NFC North
4) NFC South
5) NFC West
6) NFC East
7) AFC East
8) AFC West

This is if we are going about strength of division top to bottom which I think is what is being discussed.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #143
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Not to thread jack but my order of best division to worst:

1) AFC North
2) AFC South
3) NFC North
4) NFC South
5) NFC West
6) NFC East
7) AFC East
8) AFC West

This is if we are going about strength of division top to bottom which I think is what is being discussed.
AFC north and AFC south are first?

List doesn't make sense to me when the NFC is destroying the AFC as a conference in head to head this year and when the worst team in the NFC North would be a playoff team in the AFC.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #144
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If you said the best playoffs team I would agree but not this year That honor goes to SF.
Giants have 26 reasons to 3 why they don't agree with you.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #145
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
and your point is?
Easy. How hard was it for Shanahan to go and get RG3. Was there many that said he isn't worth a top 5 pick?
I was responding to SoCal's post.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #146
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Giants have 26 reasons to 3 why they don't agree with you.
IMO SF will be the hardest team to beat in the playoffs THIS YEAR. You are entitled to yours but I am not interested in history on this. Every year is a new year.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #147
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
IMO SF will be the hardest team to beat in the playoffs THIS YEAR. You are entitled to yours but I am not interested in history on this. Every year is a new year.
Giants beat SF 26 to 3 at SF THIS YEAR. It doesn't get anymore recent then that
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #148
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
AFC north and AFC south are first?

List doesn't make sense to me when the NFC is destroying the AFC as a conference in head to head this year and when the worst team in the NFC North would be a playoff team in the AFC.
If we are talking top to bottom. Actually I probably have AFC South too high.

But AFC North is by far the best division. Baltimore, Pittsburgh (when they have big ben), Cincy is a solid top 3 and Cleveland holds their own.

If I am an AFC team, those are tough teams to play in the playoffs. I don't think many teams want to see any of these 3 in the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #149
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Giants beat SF 26 to 3 at SF THIS YEAR. It doesn't get anymore recent then that
wasn't clear what you were referring to.

We'll see. Kaepernick had a nice game today
Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #150
Bacchus

Quote:
They went to S.F. this year and embarrassed them. They'll do it again in the playoffs.