The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #26
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Hope he didn't pull a hammy today. Otherwise it was a good game. I was happy with his effort. 2 hands on the ball at all times. I can handle the goofiness, but ball security is so important. Had he fumbled today it would have been unforgivable, and I'm happy he didn't.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Again. He's a talented back. His health has been his biggest downfall. He's a polarized player because of who drafted him. If he was a 4th round Fox selection... we'd all be praising him as one of the better back-ups in the league.

The issue will be his health. Hopefully he can finally stay on the field.
This. Good post.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
So you are going to try to claim that some fumbles don't have as big an effect on games as other fumbles? Last year, he several fumbles that hurt us big time. You never want to see one of your own players fumble, but if you fumble when you are up by 3 touchdowns, that is a lot less costly than some of the other times he has fumbled.
Moreno had 1 fumble last year
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Moreno had 1 fumble last year
Sometimes perception is bigger than reality.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Why do I get the feeling a lot of you are sitting at home crossing your fingers and hoping the guy fails massively? You do get that Moreno finally putting it together and staying healthy from here on out will help our playoff hopes right?
I HOPE he stays healthy and plays well. It would be nice if he could show enough to be the guy next year as I don't trust McGahee and Knowshon only makes 1.3 million.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
I can't count how many times I screamed out "just hit the ****ing hole!!!" I appreciated his patience but damn man get your legs moving at least...
Agreed. He gets one or two runs where his dancing allowed play to developed then he true that on every play. He ran good today but his funniest move is the stop and stiff arm.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I don't know if you are thinking of me, but I said it before, if he sees the field, I root for him. It is in the Broncos best interests for him to perform well when he does play. Only fake fans would not agree with that. I am happy for him, and was glad that he hit those holes and broke tackles. He played very well.
I'm not referencing you specifically, no. My post was directed at a lot of people on the OM, some of whom haven't even posted in this particular thread. I'm no Moreno fan, but I've never understood the hate for the guy.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #33
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Again. He's a talented back. His health has been his biggest downfall. He's a polarized player because of who drafted him. If he was a 4th round Fox selection... we'd all be praising him as one of the better back-ups in the league.

Beantown needs proof that he gets hurt.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #34
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:

Yeah well its not only who drafted him but where he was drafted and who he was drafted ahead of. When you are drafted that high you are expected to be basically Adrian Peterson 2.0. He isn't. So excuse some of us when we get a little bit pissed off if seeing him reminds us of the wasted draft picks we had.

Not only that but he really hasn't shown himself worthy of being a starting running back in this league.

That said I'm glad he had that kind of effort today and I hope that kind of effort continues and continues injury free.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #35
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm no Moreno fan, but I've never understood the hate for the guy.
Why? Why wouldn't you understand? Do I need to bring out the laundry list of reasons why people don't like him?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #36
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

he looked like he was ready to go. maybe we should have played him more earlier.
wonder if the team thought he wasn't fully back or what.
definitely didn't look like a 4th string RB. which further pisses me off about Lance Ball getting carries over him.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #37
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Why? Why wouldn't you understand? Do I need to bring out the laundry list of reasons why people don't like him?
I understand why a person doesn't like him or trust him to get the job done. I understand that he's underachieved for where he was drafted. None of that justifies the hate for him that I see on these boards.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #38
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I loved how he looked out of the backfield, he has always been a very talented receiving back, 4 targets, 4 catches and some key first downs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #39
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

That 4.2 average was awesome.....
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #40
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
I loved his performance today but God does he make it look bad. He is the clumsiest back I have ever watched run. It's embarrassing. He trips over his own feet, misses obvious holes and shows no confidence. The only thing he's confident about are his abilities to get up off the ground. He pops up like boss.

If he showed half the confidence running the ball that he shows getting up from tripping over his own feet we'd be alright.
Perfect summation of Knowshon...my sentiments exactly!
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #41
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I'm very happy for him.

Next week will be a tough test for sure. TB has the #1 ranked run defense in the league. If he can even somewhat replicate today's numbers, we'll do just fine. We need more consistent blocking though. We were largely dominated up front today.

He will have his chances the rest of the way though. Nobody we face after TB has an even somewhat decent run defense.
You couldn't be farther off Tampa has an awful run D and I would dare say bottom 5. I know for a fact SF has the number 1 and Chicago isn't far off.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #42
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You couldn't be farther off Tampa has an awful run D and I would dare say bottom 5. I know for a fact SF has the number 1 and Chicago isn't far off.
Chicago and 9ers hqve #1 and #2 overall. If youre just talking Run D, Tampa is pretty stout but their secondary sucks.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #43
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
he looked like he was ready to go. maybe we should have played him more earlier.
wonder if the team thought he wasn't fully back or what.
definitely didn't look like a 4th string RB. which further pisses me off about Lance Ball getting carries over him.
That's the thing, Moreno was coming off the ACL, was wearing a knee brace all through the preseason, but they tried to work him into the lineup. Now he's back to 100% and hopefully they can get some miles out of him, sure need it for the stretch run.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #44
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
I can't count how many times I screamed out "just hit the ****ing hole!!!" I appreciated his patience but damn man get your legs moving at least...

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #45
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I thought Moreno ran hard today against a surprisingly motivated Chef defense. He's earned the right to start next week, but I don't see the big-time talent whose only limitations are that he is hampered by injuries narrative that some of you guys are spinning.

KM doesn't really have the 2nd gear and explosiveness that an elite back his size should have. He doesn't have the great feet that you want in an every down back. Willis is 30 pounds heaver, significantly older and running with a no cartilage knee and he is still more sudden and quick in space.

KM showed decent vision today, which is encouraging. He's better than Ball, and he finished the game strong, but I don't think this was a coming out party or anything. We're really going to struggle running the ball consistently against decent teams with KM, Ball, or Hillman.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
That 4.2 average was awesome.....
He was averaging 5.5ypc until those last three carries for negative yardage with KC stacking the line.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #47
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
That's the thing, Moreno was coming off the ACL, was wearing a knee brace all through the preseason, but they tried to work him into the lineup. Now he's back to 100% and hopefully they can get some miles out of him, sure need it for the stretch run.
but still, Lance Ball! i know Moreno wasn't 100% but Balls sucks.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #48
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I thought Moreno ran hard today against a surprisingly motivated Chef defense. He's earned the right to start next week, but I don't see the big-time talent whose only limitations are that he is hampered by injuries narrative that some of you guys are spinning.

KM doesn't really have the 2nd gear and explosiveness that an elite back his size should have. He doesn't have the great feet that you want in an every down back. Willis is 30 pounds heaver, significantly older and running with a no cartilage knee and he is still more sudden and quick in space.

KM showed decent vision today, which is encouraging. He's better than Ball, and he finished the game strong, but I don't think this was a coming out party or anything. We're really going to struggle running the ball consistently against decent teams with KM, Ball, or Hillman.
Pretty good take. Moreno is almost certainly never going to live up to 1st round status. I think that ship has sailed. But he's still better than Hillman and Ball, so I'm glad we have him on the roster right now. This offense doesn't really need elite RB play, just competent RB play.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #49
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

I'd grade Knowsho a B+ for the game (compared to his usual C-). Am really glad for him and for us 'cause we NEED him to play at this level through the playoffs. Go Knowsho!

I think the Oline was a B- today, Peyton was feeling lotsa pressure.
I'd give Peyton an A for his dealing with the pressure, but a brain fart or two.
I think the WRs were B today, coupla drops but made some big catches (awesome TD).

I think the DL was a C today, not the pressure I expected.
I think the LBs were a C+...lotsa runs past Doom and Von.
And the DBs were a solid A, great coverage and good run support.
ST was a C+, with Prater's misses but good PR performance (thank goodness on Leonard)
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #50
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
He was averaging 5.5ypc until those last three carries for negative yardage with KC stacking the line.
Yeah, and his average was higher than that of Willis.

Not to mention he caught the bell well today from Peyton. Some people are going to hate on Moreno no matter what.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote