The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default Moreno stepped his game up

He knows this is his last chance, and he's rising to the occasion...
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Armchair Bronco

He looked good. North and south. And two hands on the ball at all times.

Mission accomplished I'd say.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Good enough. A couple tackles by the Turf Monster but a positive performance overall.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Ran well and ran hard.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Impressive I'd say, I'm happy for him.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
He knows this is his last chance, and he's rising to the occasion...
Actually he ran this hard last season before he blew his knee out....and was running this hard earlier, but he did fumble that one time this year, and that is an unforgivable sin to some on here.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Vine

I have been one of his biggest critics. He played well today, in fact, I might even say, without his performance today, Denver may not have won.

However, I will say this... I still feel it is inevitable that the Know-Show that most of us know too well will eventually come back.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

I loved his performance today but God does he make it look bad. He is the clumsiest back I have ever watched run. It's embarrassing. He trips over his own feet, misses obvious holes and shows no confidence. The only thing he's confident about are his abilities to get up off the ground. He pops up like boss.

If he showed half the confidence running the ball that he shows getting up from tripping over his own feet we'd be alright.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Actually he ran this hard last season before he blew his knee out....and was running this hard earlier, but he did fumble that one time this year, and that is an unforgivable sin to some on here.
Fumbling in itself is not unforgivable, but some of his fumbles came at the most inopportune times that ended up costing Denver games.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I'm very happy for him.

Next week will be a tough test for sure. TB has the #1 ranked run defense in the league. If he can even somewhat replicate today's numbers, we'll do just fine. We need more consistent blocking though. We were largely dominated up front today.

He will have his chances the rest of the way though. Nobody we face after TB has an even somewhat decent run defense.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Agamemnon

Good god, it almost seems like it causes some of you pain to say anything nice about the guy.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I have been one of his biggest critics. He played well today, in fact, I might even say, without his performance today, Denver may not have won.

However, I will say this... I still feel it is inevitable that the Know-Show that most of us know too well will eventually come back.
Evidently you didn't like the big **** sandwich Knowshon made you eat today, huh?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Fumbling in itself is not unforgivable, but some of his fumbles came at the most inopportune times that ended up costing Denver games.
Really? which one? And pray tell when is there ever an opportune time to fumble the ball?

If you think the fumble vs. Falcons cost us that game, you're not only stupid, you're ****ing stupid as all get out......

Last edited by errand; 11-25-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
I loved his performance today but God does he make it look bad. He is the clumsiest back I have ever watched run. It's embarrassing. He trips over his own feet, misses obvious holes and shows no confidence. The only thing he's confident about are his abilities to get up off the ground. He pops up like boss.

If he showed half the confidence running the ball that he shows getting up from tripping over his own feet we'd be alright.
Yeah because he's the only RB that's tripped himself up running the ball....

the hatred for this guy is just mind blowing.....
Old 11-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Really? which one? And pray tell when is there ever an opportune time to fumble the ball?

If you think the fumble vs. Falcons cost us that game, you're not only stupid, you're ****ing stupid as all get out......
This.

I've debunked this myth before. He has 8 career lost fumbles and 5 of them either came in wins or in games that we lost by 20 or more points. Another was that Falcons game. Another came early in the first half of a close game.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

I can't count how many times I screamed out "just hit the ****ing hole!!!" I appreciated his patience but damn man get your legs moving at least...
Old 11-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #17
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

it's just one game..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #18
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
I can't count how many times I screamed out "just hit the ****ing hole!!!" I appreciated his patience but damn man get your legs moving at least...
Patience to allow the holes to develop was one of Moreno's weaknesses. I was incredibly excited to see him run with patience like that. His biggest gains came from allowing the play to develop.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #19
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Patience to allow the holes to develop was one of Moreno's weaknesses. I was incredibly excited to see him run with patience like that. His biggest gains came from allowing the play to develop.
No, I agree completely. It's just that when he finally sees the hole open up he still is timid to run through it. Hit it and hit it hard man.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Vine

Quote:
Evidently you didn't like the big **** sandwich Knowshon made you eat today, huh?
I gave him props for his game today. What else would you expect me to do?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Why do I get the feeling a lot of you are sitting at home crossing your fingers and hoping the guy fails massively? You do get that Moreno finally putting it together and staying healthy from here on out will help our playoff hopes right?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
Popps
It's so easy

Again. He's a talented back. His health has been his biggest downfall. He's a polarized player because of who drafted him. If he was a 4th round Fox selection... we'd all be praising him as one of the better back-ups in the league.

The issue will be his health. Hopefully he can finally stay on the field.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #23
Vine

Quote:

So you are going to try to claim that some fumbles don't have as big an effect on games as other fumbles? Last year, he several fumbles that hurt us big time. You never want to see one of your own players fumble, but if you fumble when you are up by 3 touchdowns, that is a lot less costly than some of the other times he has fumbled.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #24
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Why do I get the feeling a lot of you are sitting at home crossing your fingers and hoping the guy fails massively? You do get that Moreno finally putting it together and staying healthy from here on out will help our playoff hopes right?
I don't know if you are thinking of me, but I said it before, if he sees the field, I root for him. It is in the Broncos best interests for him to perform well when he does play. Only fake fans would not agree with that. I am happy for him, and was glad that he hit those holes and broke tackles. He played very well.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

Only lost his shoe once from what I could see. Seriously though, he looked good, even after contact.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote