The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default Looks like kFc gets the first overall pick in April

Worst team in the NFL gets to pick 1st. Jacksonville won today so that makes kFc the worst team in the league.

I guess if you can't win SB's then the fan base can be happy about getting the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Congrats kFc fans, maybe you will be competitive in 3-5 years!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I really hope they draft Barkley that would be awesome
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,591
Default

They will screw it up somehow, does LSU have another overrated D lineman they can draft?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Geno Smith is a stud. Can't wait to have him here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,991

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

There's no consensus number one pick, like there was last year. Pioli will be allowed to get creative. I hope he trades down.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,145

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!

YYYYYYYES!

PIOLI WILL BE FIRED

WE WILL GET GENO

AND RULE THE UNIVERSE
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Geno Smith is going to bust so hard.
I disagree. He looks good enough to build a system around ala RGIII. It will take the right coach though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I disagree. He looks good enough to build a system around ala RGIII. It will take the right coach though.
He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #11
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.
I think it's because Geno Smith looks like Eddie McCaffrey.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
sgbfan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.
Based on being drafted by the Chiefs.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.
The Redskins are below .500 with a QB you admit to being as good or better.

kFc got run on today by an RB who was inactive for the last 8 games. They certainly need a QB 1st and formost but to think they will be able to insert a new GM, HC,and rookie QB and be competitive right away is reaching.

kFc will suck for many years to come.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
He makes better throws than most 1st round QB's that have come out the last 5 years.

(obviously excluding Luck and RG3)

And he's an extremely hard worker.
Some of his throws hes made over the last couple weeks have been big league throws. For some reason his games have been on a lot here in Nebraska, which is fine I like watching Austin and Bailey. Austin needs to be a Broncos!!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,743

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

I wouldn't want the Chiefs to trade down and accumulate more ammunition. Let them roll the dice on Geno and see how it works out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The Redskins are below .500 with a QB you admit to being as good or better.

kFc got run on today by an RB who was inactive for the last 8 games. They certainly need a QB 1st and formost but to think they will be able to insert a new GM, HC,and rookie QB and be competitive right away is reaching.

kFc will suck for many years to come.
The biggest reason why KC lost today was because of horrible coaching and QB play.

I can say with about 85% confidence that if RG3 was KC's QB today they would have won.

Last edited by FearLanier; 11-25-2012 at 02:10 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #17
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

K.C. needs a QB.....and there is not one in this draft worth the #1 pick. They would do better to pass on a QB. Don't try to force it...just because you have to have one. It's not in the cards this draft. They might want to pick up a FA like Vick for a year or two...until they can draft a franchise QB. Just saying...

Better to draft a Von Miller at #1....than a Brady Quinn!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Based on what Kaylore? The kid is good there is no denying that.
He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.

Last edited by Kaylore; 11-25-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #19
WakeUpCall
DIAF Aholes!
 
WakeUpCall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.
I agree. I typical Hunt fashion, he's surrounded himself with more people who think "free cash to the owner" first, then some football if there's any time left. Oh, and some wh0res for the jet for the ride to Fiji.

I think our biggest problem is our owner. He's the worst owner in all of sport. He will hold this team back for many years to come IMO. Look how long it's taken him to fire Pioli!!! We're an easy win for you folks twice a year now! Your owner must love Hunt, and having him in your division is a bigger bonus. The truth is, even if he reads this, gets mad, and decides to change it all, he's too stupid to fix it. He's just not a smart boy at all. King of the Daddy-boy circle... Good to be you guys I suppose!
WakeUpCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #20
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's a system QB. He's going to struggle moving to the pros and adapting to a pro style offense. This is assuming you guys even have a coaching staff that will know how to develop him.

And honestly, you guys missed the boat on the good QB's. That was last draft class. It's usually three or four years before you see another class close to last one. You picked the wrong year to suck.
Geno took snaps under center as a sophomore and looked good. I don't see any problems with his transition because of his football IQ and work ethic.

Great article about this very subject.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1226731.html

It's pretty high praise when Andrew Luck's father says you're one of the smartest and most mature QB's he's been around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,768

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Like Kaylore said, there's no good QBs in this coming draft.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,991

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Like Kaylore said, there's no good QBs in this coming draft.
There are certainly none worth a top five pick.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
The biggest reason why KC lost today was because of horrible coaching and QB play.

I can say with about 85% confidence that if RG3 was KC's QB today they would have won.
Coaching cost them for sure but with the game on the line the weak D couldn't get a stop.

I have always said Quinn was streaky, he started the game 8/11 but finished the game 13/25. I don't know that any QB could get points with that WR corps and bad OL. The only thing that kept this game from being a blowout was the fact that kFc had the threat of a run game which kept our Pass rush from pinning back it's ears and meeting at the QB.

I think a young inexperienced RG III would have found a way to lose today with this team.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,993
Default

Not the year to have the #1 pick. No real sure fire QB and who will trade up

I sense a JamRus type pick if they go QB. They will probably be better off selecting a QB at the top of round 2
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,571

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

How many years did Cincy have the 1st over all pick and look what they did with it.

Never rejoice having the 1st over all pick in the draft. All it proves is that your the worst team in the NFL.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Denver Broncos