The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #76
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
he protects Peyton Manning.

What's that worth to you?
He also plays multiple special teams and is a good receiver.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #77
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Talk about a baffling move...
Why is it a baffling move?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #78
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Good article. I don't think it will take us very long to see what a disadvantage it is....to not have a banger in there.

I think this is a big whiff by our coaching staff and front office. We have the spot on the roster right now. If we signed a guy like Hester...it will take a week of two for them to learn our plays....therefore, we are waisting time...by not signing him or someone like him now.

How difficult is it for Fox to understand...that a 200lb back isn't going to convert 3rd and 1? Maybe he thinks Gronkowski can take those reps.
I am going to take a wild guess that you are one of those guys who b**** when they get something for free and it isn't exactly to your liking. No need to answer this is a rhetorical question.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #79
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Good article. I don't think it will take us very long to see what a disadvantage it is....to not have a banger in there.

I think this is a big whiff by our coaching staff and front office. We have the spot on the roster right now. If we signed a guy like Hester...it will take a week of two for them to learn our plays....therefore, we are waisting time...by not signing him or someone like him now.

How difficult is it for Fox to understand...that a 200lb back isn't going to convert 3rd and 1? Maybe he thinks Gronkowski can take those reps.
In case you haven't noticed, McGahee wasn't exactly a beast on 3rd and 1 either
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #80
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

What do you make of a situation where a team is razor thin at RB and yet instead of moving a RB from their practice squad to their active roster they cut him out right?

I'm going to go with the Broncos think Jermiah Johnson sucks ass for the win!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #81
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
What do you make of a situation where a team is razor thin at RB and yet instead of moving a RB from their practice squad to their active roster they cut him out right?

I'm going to go with the Broncos think Jermiah Johnson sucks ass for the win!
They'll just re-sign him after he clears wavers, not rocket science. My thinking is they have some one specific they are thinking about for the active roste, probably someone a little bigger to do the inside running McGahee was good at.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #82
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
They'll just re-sign him after he clears wavers, not rocket science. My thinking is they have some one specific they are thinking about for the active roste, probably someone a little bigger to do the inside running McGahee was good at.
Well we're down to a 3rd round draft pick and youngest player in the league, Lance Ball and Knowshon Moreno at RB, and you're a RB on our practice squad, but we aren't going to activate you, instead we are going to try to sign an unknown guy off of the street because "he's a little bigger" and then we'll sign you back again after you clear waivers.

Yep, that just screams confidence in Jeremiah Johnson to me!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #83
Bacchus

Quote:
Well we're down to a 3rd round draft pick and youngest player in the league, Lance Ball and Knowshon Moreno at RB, and you're a RB on our practice squad, but we aren't going to activate you, instead we are going to try to sign an unknown guy off of the street because "he's a little bigger" and then we'll sign you back again after you clear waivers.

Yep, that just screams confidence in Jeremiah Johnson to me!
I agree with you. I have been on the Johnson bandwagon since preseason. I guess Fox disagrees.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #84
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I agree with you. I have been on the Johnson bandwagon since preseason. I guess Fox disagrees.
I hear you. We all have our over-hyped PS running-back man crushes (see my adopt a bronco.)

With JJ, I honestly think he was signed and is now sort of a carryover from when the team was flirting with incorporating some read option Urban Meyer Frankenstein offensive concepts with Timmy.

When you can't get on the active roster when the guys ahead of you are an inconsistent 3rd round 20-year-old rookie, Lance Ball and a gimpy Moreno, you're never going to get a shot.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #85
Bacchus

Quote:
I hear you. We all have our over-hyped PS running-back man crushes (see my adopt a bronco.)

With JJ, I honestly think he was signed and is now sort of a carryover from when the team was flirting with incorporating some read option Urban Meyer Frankenstein offensive concepts with Timmy.

When you can't get on the active roster when the guys ahead of you are an inconsistent 3rd round 20-year-old rookie, Lance Ball and a gimpy Moreno, you're never going to get a shot.
I agree but then why would they re-sign him at all? Maybe they just think he needs another year of seasoning but if they don't think he can play they need to sign a different RB to the practice squad.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #86
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Hillman - The dude has the speed, and is fearless. I hope he develops better vision in between the tackles.. He keeps leaving yards on the field by cutting into would be tacklers instead of running through the hole.
That's what I see from as well, that he is not patient enough to work the seems. Just like most young RB's, they are so anxious to get yards, they either run into their own linemen or want to bounce it to the outside. This is one thing I really thought McGahee did well. He found those seems, doesn't stop his feet/legs to wait on holes, he controls his speed and when that seem is there it's much easier to accelerate into it if you have your body momentum going forward, even if it's slower. Young RB's want to stop and start again when the finally see a seem or hole and even though sometimes they are faster, they don't get through those seems in time because they've started, stopped and started again. Defensive players in the NFL will be all over your arse if you do that.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #87
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
That's what I see from as well, that he is not patient enough to work the seems. Just like most young RB's, they are so anxious to get yards, they either run into their own linemen or want to bounce it to the outside. This is one thing I really thought McGahee did well. He found those seems, doesn't stop his feet/legs to wait on holes, he controls his speed and when that seem is there it's much easier to accelerate into it if you have your body momentum going forward, even if it's slower. Young RB's want to stop and start again when the finally see a seem or hole and even though sometimes they are faster, they don't get through those seems in time because they've started, stopped and started again. Defensive players in the NFL will be all over your arse if you do that.
I don't see it. He does not look that fast to me. I think his 40 time is much faster than his actual football speed. I think Moreno is the better back right now at least until Hillman gets more experience.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #88
Action

Ok...Johnson was released because of the eligibility rules of the practice squad and the fact that he has been on the practice squad for 2 years and he is on his 3rd year. Nothing to do with what the Broncos think of him.

In other words, it's just about money.

Since McGahee was put on IR, that put the the roster at 52. Johnson's PS eligibility rules state that he's allowed to be on the PS as long as the Broncos keep 53 active players on the roster... if there is any less at any point of the season, the Broncos have to sign him to an NFL roster contract or release him.

So at 52 players, Broncos had to sign him or release him.

They decided to release him because he obviously wasn't going to be used tomorrow in KC and who wants to pay someone an NFL game check for a game they won't play in?

Last edited by Action; 11-25-2012 at 12:25 AM..
Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #89
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post

Ok...Johnson was released because of the eligibility rules of the practice squad and the fact that he has 8 games played in the NFL. Nothing to do with what the Broncos think of him.

Since McGahee was put on IR, that put the the roster at 52. Johnson's PS eligibility rules state that he's allowed to be on the PS as long as the Broncos keep 53 active players on the roster... if there is any less at any point of the season, the Broncos have to sign him to an NFL roster contract or release him.

They decided to release him because he obviously wasn't going to be used tomorrow in KC and who wants to pay someone an NFL game check for a game they won't play in?
Or the minor fact that the next game he is active for erases the remainder of his eligibility for the PS. So its more about the fact that they don't think he is worth it to keep on the active roster going forward and he doesn't suck so bad that they are willing to give up on his PS.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #90
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Or the minor fact that the next game he is active for erases the remainder of his eligibility for the PS. So its more about the fact that they don't think he is worth it to keep on the active roster going forward and he doesn't suck so bad that they are willing to give up on his PS.
Well, the article states that they plan on resigning him next week, meaning they'd have to sign him to the active roster on an NFL contract.

Only way he gets back on the PS is if they sign someone else to the active roster to make 53.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #91
Bacchus

Quote:

Ok...Johnson was released because of the eligibility rules of the practice squad and the fact that he has been on the practice squad for 2 years and he is on his 3rd year. Nothing to do with what the Broncos think of him.

That pretty much sums it up.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #92
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Well, the article states that they plan on resigning him next week, meaning they'd have to sign him to the active roster on an NFL contract.

Only way he gets back on the PS is if they sign someone else to the active roster to make 53.
They plan on resigning him next week. As in AFTER they sign another player to fill the 53rd position. Thus eliminating the requirement to sign him to the active roster.

Since he never touched an active roster he is still eligible for PS. If a team signs him between now and tuesday, well hope he stays with them because he won't ever be on a PS again.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #93
Bacchus

Quote:

No, that means if no one signs him to their active roster the Broncos will re-sign him to the practice squad.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #94
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
That pretty much sums it up.
Except it doesn't
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #95
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
No, that means if no one signs him to their active roster the Broncos will re-sign him to the practice squad.
Exact-o-mundo
Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #96
Action

Quote:
The Broncos can't resign him to the practice squad unless Broncos sign someone else to make 53. He wouldn't be eligible.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #97
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
They plan on resigning him next week. As in AFTER they sign another player to fill the 53rd position. Thus eliminating the requirement to sign him to the active roster.

Since he never touched an active roster he is still eligible for PS. If a team signs him between now and tuesday, well hope he stays with them because he won't ever be on a PS again.
The article doesn't state that they'll sign another player to make 53 as that is pure speculation on your part.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #98
Bacchus

Quote:
The Broncos can't resign him to the practice squad unless Broncos sign someone else to make 53. He wouldn't be eligible.
Of course they are going to sign some one to the 53 man squad and once they do they will re-sign Johnson.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #99
Action

Quote:
Of course they are going to sign some one to the 53 man squad and once they do they will re-sign Johnson.
Again, this is speculation. They could very well resign Johnson to the active roster.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #100
Bacchus

Quote:
Again, this is speculation. They could very well resign Johnson to the active roster.
If they were going to sign JJ to the active roster than they never would have released him exposing him to other teams. They would have just signed him to the active roster.