The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #51
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
John knows what a big time runningback can mean to a team. He wouldn't have won crap without TD. How we can continue to prance out such crap behind the QB is amazing, its been our biggest weakness on this team by far. Moreno will run like a stud for 5 plays, fumble and get hurt and Lance Ball whose best attribute is blocking for Peyton will be our go to guy again. Thank God we are playing the Chefs.
Personally I think HB is the most over rated position in football. But I get what you're saying... Moreno has shown flashes, but the fumbles and the injuries are hard to overcome. Ball, is just a gamer - and overachiever who plays lights out, an I think that's why they like him.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

[QUOTE=DBroncos4life;3734964]This has nothing to do with needing the best RB in the NFL as our back up RB. This has everything to do with us needing a better back up RB then Ball. It's too late to find one now clearly, though I do feel that had Slaton had a full off season with us he would be better then Ball.

Again just because Ball is the "best" we have now doesn't mean he is the best we could have done.[/QUOTE]

Soooooo, you're basically leveling the criticism at the front office for not having a better back up plan? The same front office who had the foresight to sign how many FA additions that are making significant contributions and have improved this team at virtually every position group substantially in just 2 years? Gotcha! Whatever.......
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #53
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Personally I think HB is the most over rated position in football..
I don't think it's as relavent as the 80s 90s. SB winner was ranked dead last In Rushing while 1st ranked got blown out of the playoffs. It's a QB passing league now with the way the rules have manipulated the game. Smart teams with good QBs take advantage of this. Games are won through the air these days.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #54
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

And now somehow Belicheat will sneak in and sign the guy just to **** us over.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #55
Bmore Manning

The fortunate part about the NFL draft and the RB position is that there is usually great value in the middle and later rounds. And the RB position is much much easier to transition to from college to the NFL and make a quick and helpful impact to a team.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

[QUOTE=Dutch;3734994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
This has nothing to do with needing the best RB in the NFL as our back up RB. This has everything to do with us needing a better back up RB then Ball. It's too late to find one now clearly, though I do feel that had Slaton had a full off season with us he would be better then Ball.

Soooooo, you're basically leveling the criticism at the front office for not having a better back up plan? The same front office who had the foresight to sign how many FA additions that are making significant contributions and have improved this team at virtually every position group substantially in just 2 years? Gotcha! Whatever.......
Yes dumbass so the FO can't be held accountable for not getting a better backup RB because they did so many other amazing things? I always thought you gave credit when to what they did do right and criticized the bad. I love the FO and most of the moves they made since being here, that doesn't mean I will jerk them off in the mens room for Ball being on the roster because they landed Manning.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 11-24-2012 at 01:02 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #57
Bmore Manning

[QUOTE=DBroncos4life;3735020]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Yes dumbass so the FO can be held accountable for not getting a better backup RB because they did so many other amazing things. I always thought you gave credit when to what they did do right and criticized the bad. I love the FO and most of the moves they made since being here, that doesn't mean I will jerk them off in the mens room for Ball being on the roster because they landed Manning.
Lol!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #58
Agamemnon

Talk about a baffling move...
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #59
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't think it's as relavent as the 80s 90s. SB winner was ranked dead last In Rushing while 1st ranked got blown out of the playoffs. It's a QB passing league now with the way the rules have manipulated the game. Smart teams with good QBs take advantage of this. Games are won through the air these days.
Kinda strange that a receiving, blocking back like Moreno isn't shining in today's NFL.

There are things to like about Moreno... he does have a slow first step, and that it why he hasn't clicked at the NFL level yet, but I like how he always seems to get yards after the first hit, even at 205. Plus last season before the injury, he seemed to kill the screen passes every time he got an opportunity.

Remember, the dude was a consensus top 15 pick...

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 11-24-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Old 11-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #60
Agamemnon

Quote:
Kinda strange that a receiving, blocking back like Moreno isn't shining in today's NFL.

There are things to like about Moreno... he does have a slow first step, and that it why he hasn't clicked at the NFL level yet, but I like how he always seems to get yards after the first hit, even at 205. Plus last season before the injury, he seemed to kill the screen passes every time he got an opportunity.

Hard to shine when your always injured.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #61
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:

Not just a slow first step! A slow first 40 steps because didn't he run like 4.69 n 4.7 in the 40?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #62
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Yet he remained on the Practice Squad........
Well technically not because he was just cut . The guy has got really good potential and could do a way better job than Mareno and Ball (who I really can't stand as a RB).
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Well technically not because he was just cut . The guy has got really good potential and could do a way better job than Mareno and Ball (who I really can't stand as a RB).
Thus the past tense remained on the Practice Squad, as opposed to remains on the Practice Squad.

I think if he was that much better he would be on the active roster. I understand he flashes potential but we don't get to see practice everyday. Clearly the coaches don't see him being better.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #64
Bmore Manning

This is KM's last chance.. RB's in the NFL are a dime a dozen, especially back-ups. Back-ups who can't stay healthy, who can't play special teams, who haven't lived up to their draft status or contract.

Maybe we will see the kid who used to hurdle defenders who were practically standing up..
He should be desperate and hungry.. Let's see if he takes advantage of the opportunity.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #65
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Not just a slow first step! A slow first 40 steps because didn't he run like 4.69 n 4.7 in the 40?
Knowshon Moreno : 4.55
Jeremiah Johnson: 4.62
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #66
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I think Knowshon ran a 4.55, which is still slow for a sub 220lb back.

For what it's worth, he's still the second fastest back on the team after Hillman.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #67
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
so he's not even the best player on the practice squad (afterall, he was the guy cut from it) and you still think he'll perform better than Moreno and Ball?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #68
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
so he's not even the best player on the practice squad (afterall, he was the guy cut from it) and you still think he'll perform better than Moreno and Ball?
They had no choice on who to cut. Because of his tenure they had to either sign him to fill the empty RB position or cut him from the PS. They chose to cut him. Pretty ballsy since he is better than Knowshow and fumBall
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #69
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Well he has out rushed both Ball and Moreno in a regular season last year in two games so..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #70
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I hope KM sets the single game rushing record against KC and his jersey is sent to Canton.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #71
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Given what I seen from Mareno and Ball the last couple of games they played yeah!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #72
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Personally I think HB is the most over rated position in football. But I get what you're saying... Moreno has shown flashes, but the fumbles and the injuries are hard to overcome. Ball, is just a gamer - and overachiever who plays lights out, an I think that's why they like him.
I get the serviceable doesn't have to be TD angle of the argument. A solid guy who stays healthy and holds on to the football would be an overachiever with this group. Good luck Moreno, maybe you can get some flashy dances in tomorrow before you hobble off the field again.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #73
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
They had no choice on who to cut. Because of his tenure they had to either sign him to fill the empty RB position or cut him from the PS. They chose to cut him. Pretty ballsy since he is better than Knowshow and fumBall
JJ - This. The Broncos only have 52 players on their roster right now. If they were to move JJ to the roster, he would lose his remaining PS eligibility. Due to NFL rules, they would be forced to move him to the roster this week to fill the roster space (because he has the most seniority on the PS).

Knowshon - Not only is Knowshon too slow to run around the edge, he is too light to pick up good yardage between the tackles. Not only that, but he is injury prone (injured groin Thursday), and has no vision. That being said, I hope he is the next coming of Herschel Walker, because we need him now like no other. It's make it or break it time...he's due $3.5M in 2013, and they won't keep him unless he makes a BIG impact on the rest of the 2012 season. He pretty much has to become the go-to guy, or it's sayonara

Ball - Had a nice run over the right side against the Chargers...and a fumble. All we need is consistency.

Hillman - The dude has the speed, and is fearless. I hope he develops better vision in between the tackles.. He keeps leaving yards on the field by cutting into would be tacklers instead of running through the hole.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #74
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Good article. I don't think it will take us very long to see what a disadvantage it is....to not have a banger in there.

I think this is a big whiff by our coaching staff and front office. We have the spot on the roster right now. If we signed a guy like Hester...it will take a week of two for them to learn our plays....therefore, we are waisting time...by not signing him or someone like him now.

How difficult is it for Fox to understand...that a 200lb back isn't going to convert 3rd and 1? Maybe he thinks Gronkowski can take those reps.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #75
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ball plays on SP teams why Moreno doesn't.
Yep. I wouldn't be surprised to see Moreno get more and more PT as we go forward, assuming we don't sign new talent. He should be champing at the bit to prove something and this is likely his last chance to do it. He's the best all around back of the three. I'm not saying he'll be pro bowl but he likely gets some reps and the coaching staff judges him play by play. He ****s the bed once and he could be done. Not just in Denver, but the NFL.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote