The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #1901
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
No QB class since 2004 is close to last years. It's a class that happens every decade or so.

As for Barkley, he has nowhere near the talent that Leinart or Sanchez had on their team, especially on offense. Not this year.

Barkley's OL has been struggling all year. They have literally tried everything to fix that thin OL but have had no luck. Khaled Holmes was their best OL and he got hurt. In fact, this is the worst OL USC has had in quite some time actually. You might wanna check these out.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...s-cal-20120922

http://www.foxsportswest.com/09/17/1...lockID=791771&

http://dailytrojan.com/2012/09/18/us...-line-for-cal/

So basically yes he has immense talents at WR and a somewhat productive RB (transfer from PSU) who has been okay but not really that great lately.

Plus Barkley's defense is horrible. They can't stop anybody the last few weeks. Barkley has put up 8 TD's and almost 1,000 passing yards the past 2 weeks and his defense still let him down.

That's the story of this whole QB class though. Good talents covered up by horrible team play.
This QB class reminds me a lot of the 06 class, not only because there is a guy with a cannon arm from a bad program in the SEC, an underachiever with huge numbers from USC and a physically gifted black QB - but because none of them appear to have IT. Barkley throws a nasty ball and like Brady Quinn before him the most remarkable thing is that he has lost a lot of games to ranked teams (although he has won 1 or 2). Geno Smith is undoubtedly a solid talent from a physical point of view who puts up solid stats but the mental side of it and the leadership just isn't up to par. Wilson from Arkansas looks a lot like Cutler, strong arm, too much confidence in his ability to throw with power into tight spots and poor decision making under pressure.

I honestly wouldn't want to hedge my wagon to a team lead by any of those, the only QB who might come out I think has real potential is Bray.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #1902
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
What about Palmer? I think it's more the mystic of USC QBs floundering. Barkley can change that and so far looks like he makes the right decisions. KC needs to stay on the losing streak if they want him though
Carson Palmer underachieved every year at USC until Norm Chow came in his senior year.

He's better physically, but I think Barkley is far more NFL ready coming out than Palmer. I think Barkley has learned true leadership in his trials at USC.

I think he's ready for any challenge an NFL team presents him. Didn't feel that way with Palmer.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #1903
Rolandftw

KC doesn't have to get a QB that's the best in the NFL. They can't pass on Barkley just because he's not as good as Andrew Luck. They need good QB play to compete in the NFL. You don't necessarily need a first ballot HOF QB to be in position to win a lot of games late in the year.

The KC fan base is absolutely going to riot if KC's management comes up with excuses to avoid taking a QB in this draft.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #1904
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I just don't see barkley as a great NFL QB. I go to 2-3 USC games a yr. The games he does well seems to me he just throws it up for grabs and lets WR be better athletes then the DBs. Then many times his WR wide open.

Not sold on him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #1905
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
KC doesn't have to get a QB that's the best in the NFL. They can't pass on Barkley just because he's not as good as Andrew Luck. They need good QB play to compete in the NFL. You don't necessarily need a first ballot HOF QB to be in position to win a lot of games late in the year.

The KC fan base is absolutely going to riot if KC's management comes up with excuses to avoid taking a QB in this draft.
Agreed. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco were not generational talents either but they've turned into QB's who have or will put their team in a position to go to the SB.

Meanwhile Sam Bradford is heading down bust alley. I never understood the hype with him. People thought he would be the next big thing at the time.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #1906
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Meanwhile Sam Bradford is heading down bust alley.
He's completing 62 percent of his passes, 10 TD, 7 INT, 7.2 YPA.

With no receivers.

He's fine.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #1907
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Agreed. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco were not generational talents either but they've turned into QB's who have or will put their team in a position to go to the SB.

Meanwhile Sam Bradford is heading down bust alley. I never understood the hype with him. People thought he would be the next big thing at the time.
The jury is still out on Bradford IMHO. The Rams had the worst oline in the NFL for a while but now they have a good coach in Fisher and I think the team overal has some confidence. They are a better team this year.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #1908
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The jury is still out on Bradford IMHO. The Rams had the worst oline in the NFL for a while but now they have a good coach in Fisher and I think the team overal has some confidence. They are a better team this year.
yeah, Bradford is getting better. He had some big time throws last week that were all for not due to penalties.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #1909
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Last edited by Bob's your Information Minister; 11-16-2012 at 02:31 AM..
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #1910
Tim

blackout arrowhead tomorrow
Old 11-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #1911
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
blackout arrowhead tomorrow
Are they in mourning?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #1912
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

If not they should be
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1913
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Are they in mourning?
no its a little known FCC rule called the fan mercy rule. its to prevent acts of aggression against wives and tv sets after that infamous incident back some time ago the team sucked so badly over 90% of all the tv sets in the viewing area were smashed beyond repair and wife beatings were up 400% from normal.
it was called the mullet head day of rage .
the us government sealed all records of that incident it was so embarrassing. i risk being dragged away to a secret government facility just by mentioning this to you
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #1914
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Are they in mourning?
I think they are supposed to wear all black to show ownership and anyone associated with the team they are tired of being the joke of the league.

Long way from being picked to win the AFC West this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #1915
Drunken.Broncoholic

KCstud

Haha suck on this season bozo. Marinate in the filth of the most ugly losses in the history of any sport on any level.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1916
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

1-9 kFc hitting rock bottom Romeo has no clue what to do. If I didn't love watching him throw out one bad QB for another and watch his D let teams march down the field and get blown out at Analhead every week I would suggest they fire him and bring someone in off the street to finish the year out.

They totally look like they have given up.

I wonder if the QB Carousel keeps spinning and Stanzi gets to play next week, he can't be any worse than Cassel or Quinn. I will say their OL has to be one of the worst in the NFL which won't help anyone who attempts to play QB or run behind them.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #1917
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
KCstud

Haha suck on this season bozo. Marinate in the filth of the most ugly losses in the history of any sport on any level.
KC chiefs are the worst franchise in all of sports
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #1918
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I love Romeo he's the fatter and more stupid version of Herm Average with a lisp.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #1919
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

We have swept the Chuggers and beat Oakland once already here is to beating kFc next week and taking another step closer to sweeping the division!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #1920
spiralism

Chiefs week and this isn't front page? For shame....

Anyways guys, here's a joke:

The Kansas City Chiefs.

Also, no joke here but the main board on Chefsplanet is called the LLLLLLLLLounge. As in, 9 Ls.

Last edited by spiralism; 11-23-2012 at 04:48 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #1921
canadianbroncosfan

Even this old lady is ragging on the Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rly-chiefs-fan
Old 11-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #1922
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #1923
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I would love to see Analhead empty out again this week during the 3rd Quarter.

They must have some great halftime entertainment to get kFc fans to stick around that long.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #1924
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I would love to see Analhead empty out again this week during the 3rd Quarter.

They must have some great halftime entertainment to get kFc fans to stick around that long.
No fan base would put up the the crap that the Chiefs have done throughout the Pioli era.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #1925
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

maybe the Kansas city chiefs pissed off a Native American shaman and he placed a curse on them.
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote