The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Benching Smith - good move / bad move
Good move 28 47.46%
Bad move 31 52.54%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #76
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's what I'm saying. Bledsoe was healthy and able to play around mid season I believe but he never saw the field again as a Patriot.

What did Buffalo give up for him being it was an intra division trade. Musta been a bunch. I kinda remember.

Edit it was a 1st.
Brady was hurt in the AFC championship game that year and Drew stepped in and helped finish the game.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #77
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Brady was hurt in the AFC championship game that year and Drew stepped in and helped finish the game.
You'e right I read the same when I looked it up he did play in the AFCC and they won. I like the part of the story that they remained friends and Bledsoe was all class about the situation
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #78
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Alex Smith always throws check downs = Knowshon Moreno always dances in the backfield and runs into his blockers' backs
they both sound pretty right to me
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #79
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
they both sound pretty right to me
A career average of 4.1 yards per carry off of dancing around and running into linemen. Sounds as ludicrous as an 8 yard per pass average off of only check downs. But at least your consistent.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #80
extralife
Ring of Famer

4.1 average! be still, my heart!
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
A career average of 4.1 yards per carry off of dancing around and running into linemen. Sounds as ludicrous as an 8 yard per pass average off of only check downs. But at least your consistent.
How many passes has Smith thrown past 15 yards? Not including YACs which have dramatically increase that per average.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #82
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
What passes exactly did he make that Alex Smith can't make? Are you honestly claiming that a guy who is averaging 8 yards per pass only ever throws check downs?
I've watched every SF game the last 2 years. It would be wise to do the same before making these statements. What better way to see if your logic is right than to post it on SF fan forums? I guarantee it would get shot down. Smith simply cannot make the downfield throws and that SF fanbase knows it.

A QB throws a screen and they run it 80 yards. How's his yards per going to look?

Last year Alex averaged 2.8 pass attempts per game of 20 or more yards. Hardly throwing downfield.

This year started out no different. Watching the first 3 games, he had 92 pass attempts. Only 4 of them traveled more than 20 yards. It's simply not true that he throws downfield.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 11-24-2012 at 04:28 PM..