The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who has more fantasy upside while McG is out? Ball or Hillman?
Ball has more fantasy upside 4 12.12%
Hillman has more fantasy upside 22 66.67%
My boner is warm and ready 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwf View Post
Is Moreno even in good enough game shape to be an every down guy? Look, hopefully we'll be playing from ahead the next few weeks so we can get a good look at both Ball and Moreno. Hopwfully one will rise to the top. Ive seen enough of Hillman already and he needs another offseason in the gym.
There all in a lot better shape then me. MMMM Turkey today!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #27
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I voted the boner option, but I honestly think Ball is going to be the goal line back.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

I already have Hillman on my team (drafted him and held onto him all season). I am thinking of dropping Joique Bell or Donald Brown so I can pick up Moreno, too. This is purely for depth as my starters are Forte and Richardson. But in case one of them goes down, the starting Broncos RB is a good plug-in option.

Do you think it's worth dropping one of my "scrubs" for Moreno just in case he becomes the feature back?
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Hillman and it is not close. Ball is a special teamer and situational 3rd down guy, he won't be more than that. As it stands I would expect Moreno to get the shot at carrying the load before they make Ball the every down guy.
This
Old 11-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'll put it this way, neither of them will ever be stud RB's in this league. Hillman is just too small (not short, there are some shorter backs that are physical runners who get it done week to week). He will be, always, a change of pace guy. I just don't understand how you select that type of back as high as we did. I don't know, maybe next year he really hits those weights and can add 10-15 pounds of muscle. Might slow him a tad but if he adds muscle, don't think it will slow him down much, but it sure will help all the other parts of his game.

Ball - he's is what he is. Not super physical, not super fast, doesn't cut super hard, doesn't read blocks super great. Well, he'll just never be super. He is, IMO, an average 2nd option or probably should be that 3rd option at RB.

McGahee is getting older, he's banged up. He's played good, but looking to next year, I think this team needs to draft somebody special at RB, maybe even 1st or 2nd round.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I already have Hillman on my team (drafted him and held onto him all season). I am thinking of dropping Joique Bell or Donald Brown so I can pick up Moreno, too. This is purely for depth as my starters are Forte and Richardson. But in case one of them goes down, the starting Broncos RB is a good plug-in option.

Do you think it's worth dropping one of my "scrubs" for Moreno just in case he becomes the feature back?
Donald Brown is worthless. I'd drop him.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Ball. He's the goal-line back anyway, right?

Moreno should be in the poll though ... I think I'd pick him if he was.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #33
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Ball. He's the goal-line back anyway, right?

Moreno should be in the poll though ... I think I'd pick him if he was.
If you are talking FF than it is possible that Ball will get the goal line caries which could screw people who have Hillman.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #34
extralife
Ring of Famer

if you are in a 12+ team league with an open bench spot and absolutely nothing on the wire, Moreno might be an ok add. there is that 1% chance he gets all of McGahee's carries and puts up the same numbers. Ball is not ownable in any league that is remotely standard. just think about it--even if he gets 100% of the goal line carries going forward, would you ever start him? Hillman is probably addable, but I certainly didn't try in either of my leagues.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #35
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

It has got to be Knowshow, simply because he offers upside, albeit very little upside. The physical talent is there; we all just have to hope the time off lit a fire under his ass. You have seen what Hillman and Ball have to offer, which is jack ****. I might vomit if I hear Hillman's 40 time again. He is not NFL fast on the field and in pads, he is not that quick, he has no power and his instincts suck. I know he's just a baby and I truly hope he develops but right now, he is below average.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #36
g6matty

Milehighmagic just roasted Hillman lol. Give him a break he's the youngest player in the league. Cecil lammey was all over him in the draft process. He thinks he has lesean McCoy upside . We wanted rahim moores neck last year just let it play itself out maybe he needs more carries per game to get in a groove
Old 11-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #37
lolcopter

I know hindsight is 20-20 an all, but can you imagine Doug Martin in orange an blue?

WaH waH wah
Old 11-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Moreno, even if he plays (I think he'll be third string if not still a healthy scratch)...
Moreno a healthy scratch? You think they'll suit up 2 RB's? I say Moreno starts.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #39
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Moreno a healthy scratch? You think they'll suit up 2 RB's? I say Moreno starts.
Based on the fact that he hasn't even suited the last month+

Hillman will get the bulk of the carries
Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #40
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Based on the fact that he hasn't even suited the last month+

Hillman will get the bulk of the carries
The Broncos are not going to suit up only 2 RB's. Moreno not suiting up probably had more to do with Ball playing special teams than anything else. Hillman is a change of pace back and isn't ready to get the bulk of the carries.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
Nwp-Apap

Moreno
Old 11-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #42
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The Broncos are not going to suit up only 2 RB's. Moreno not suiting up probably had more to do with Ball playing special teams than anything else. Hillman is a change of pace back and isn't ready to get the bulk of the carries.
Hillman will probably never be ready for the bulk of the carries. Dude is just too tiny.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #43
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Milehighmagic just roasted Hillman lol. Give him a break he's the youngest player in the league. Cecil lammey was all over him in the draft process. He thinks he has lesean McCoy upside . We wanted rahim moores neck last year just let it play itself out maybe he needs more carries per game to get in a groove
So far all I've seen is decent speed. I haven't seen him juking and making people miss, and I haven't seen him make plays in the open field. He looks way too much like a smaller, slower Tatum Bell to me. Give him a big hole and he'll get you yards, but otherwise you get nothing.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if you are in a 12+ team league with an open bench spot and absolutely nothing on the wire, Moreno might be an ok add. there is that 1% chance he gets all of McGahee's carries and puts up the same numbers. Ball is not ownable in any league that is remotely standard. just think about it--even if he gets 100% of the goal line carries going forward, would you ever start him? Hillman is probably addable, but I certainly didn't try in either of my leagues.
Well, if Ball got a TD every game from goal line carries he would give you abotu 10 FF points.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #45
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Moreno
You love the guy!
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #46
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, if Ball got a TD every game from goal line carries he would give you abotu 10 FF points.
provided he also got 40 yards, and provided he scored a TD every game. do you know how many RBs are averaging a TD a game this year? that would be one (Foster).
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #47
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
I know hindsight is 20-20 an all, but can you imagine Doug Martin in orange an blue?

WaH waH wah
My wahwahwah. Denver trades down twice and ends up with Wolfe, Hillman, Bolden, and Blake.

NE gets Donta Hightower and TB gets Martin.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #48
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
My wahwahwah. Denver trades down twice and ends up with Wolfe, Hillman, Bolden, and Blake.

NE gets Donta Hightower and TB gets Martin.
Wolfe has a lot of potential while Hillman has showed me nothing. The other two I can't really judge, other than to say Bolden seems to have Bruton-type ST potential.

I can't lie though, I'd trade them all for Doug Martin.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
Nwp-Apap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You love the guy!
Yep, I believe he can be a very successful player in this league, but was drafted into a poor situation and has had some poor luck with injuries. He was drafted into a team with Kyle Orton and one of the poorest OLs in the league. Fast forward to 2012 and couple a huge passing game with a much improved OL and I think we'll see what Moreno is truly capable of; something he has shown flashes of for us and displayed full time at UG, but never fully showed in the pros.

If he stays healthy throughout the season, I believe Moreno may make us miss McGahee less than we should.

Or maybe I just like to be optimistic.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #50
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwp-Apap View Post
Yep, I believe he can be a very successful player in this league, but was drafted into a poor situation and has had some poor luck with injuries. He was drafted into a team with Kyle Orton and one of the poorest OLs in the league. Fast forward to 2012 and couple a huge passing game with a much improved OL and I think we'll see what Moreno is truly capable of; something he has shown flashes of for us and displayed full time at UG, but never fully showed in the pros.

If he stays healthy throughout the season, I believe Moreno may make us miss McGahee less than we should.

Or maybe I just like to be optimistic.
Moreno has tons of skill, but he's never put together more than 5-6 consecutive games on the field. If he doesn't get it done here with this chance, he'll get another chance somewhere else. I hope he puts it together here, we need production from the tailbacks.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote