The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
We haven't won back to back division titles since 1986-1987. And while last years division title felt like we were the kings of crap, I am enjoying having it pretty much locked up before Thanksgiving. It really is nice not having to hope this team beats that team and blah blah blah just to get a damn home playoff game. It's nice knowing that the absolute floor for this team is the 4th seed in the playoffs. Now we're doing the rooting for Jets and Lions and Chargers this week in hopes of getting a first round bye.

I am really enjoying what we have now, enjoying the fact that the absolute incompetence of the 3 foes in our division will give it to us this year, and we can focus on bigger things.

I realize that having this kind of total dominance over the rest of the division probably won't last very long, so I am enjoying it while we have it.

Another thing, the overall record against our division foes means something to me, and I would love to close the gap there. We are now 44-59-2 against the Raiders and 47-55 against the Chiefs. Nothing would make me happier than to see us have winning records against the Chiefs and Raiders in 10 years because they constantly suck and we are constantly good.
Imagine us wanting the Chargers to win a game in November to HELP US. -

AMAZING!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer
 
weed will win

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: colorado springs area
Posts: 3,710

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles
Default

the BRONCOS come to bury the chiefs not praise them! show no mercy !!
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

The Belichick Trojan horse trick continues to amaze me. The Chiefs -- despite watching other franchises go down in flames trying to replicate New England -- fell for it harder than everyone else with a completely predictable result.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #29
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Sweep the leg. No mercy.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I agree with you. When a team gets that far down it's not good for the league either.

I'm sure there will be some changes soon.

What we are witnessing here is the true power we the people have, purchasing power.
And it's working.

4) The scene at Arrowhead. The Kansas City Star reported on Monday, a day after a lopsided loss to the Cincinnati Bengals led to some humiliating images of a mostly-empty Arrowhead, that Clark Hunt and his family have "been privately concerned about a growing fan resentment for some time now." On Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs get Peyton Manning and the red-hot Broncos at home. And in light of that reporting, it's not a stretch to say a bad effort might well accelerate the process. Owners can take getting beat. They can take booing. What's hard to swallow is apathy. The large pockets of vacant seats sent a powerful message on Sunday. If Manning gets off to a quick start, more of that could be coming, and facing 1-10 and a December of irrelevance might be too much for Hunt to take. And remember, that's the same Manning who wouldn't give the Chiefs the courtesy of a visit back in March. What it could add up to is a repeat of last Sunday's sad scene in K.C., and potentially the eventual ouster of two good football men (GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel) who haven't come close to getting it right the last 12 months.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/....-detailed-plan

Pioli is as good as gone by the end of next month/early January.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #31
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
And it's working.

4) The scene at Arrowhead. The Kansas City Star reported on Monday, a day after a lopsided loss to the Cincinnati Bengals led to some humiliating images of a mostly-empty Arrowhead, that Clark Hunt and his family have "been privately concerned about a growing fan resentment for some time now." On Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs get Peyton Manning and the red-hot Broncos at home. And in light of that reporting, it's not a stretch to say a bad effort might well accelerate the process. Owners can take getting beat. They can take booing. What's hard to swallow is apathy. The large pockets of vacant seats sent a powerful message on Sunday. If Manning gets off to a quick start, more of that could be coming, and facing 1-10 and a December of irrelevance might be too much for Hunt to take. And remember, that's the same Manning who wouldn't give the Chiefs the courtesy of a visit back in March. What it could add up to is a repeat of last Sunday's sad scene in K.C., and potentially the eventual ouster of two good football men (GM Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel) who haven't come close to getting it right the last 12 months.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/....-detailed-plan

Pioli is as good as gone by the end of next month/early January.
Who do you want for GM?

Coach?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #32
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Who do you want for GM?

Coach?
Not really sure on the GM frotn but I've heard Marc Ross is good.

For HC I'd like to go the older route the way you guys have gone. Obviously Cowher is a hot name. Wouldn't mind Andy Reid if we got him a DC. I think he's struggling this year because of his son so he may want time off.

Chip Kelly sounds very enticing too. I think he will run an NFL team very well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

How amusing it must be for Belichick to watch other teams fight over his poisoned table scraps. Sending McJoshie to Denver, watching him immediately blow the organization up over Matt f#%king Cassel... that must have been hillarious.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Not really sure on the GM frotn but I've heard Marc Ross is good.

For HC I'd like to go the older route the way you guys have gone. Obviously Cowher is a hot name. Wouldn't mind Andy Reid if we got him a DC. I think he's struggling this year because of his son so he may want time off.

Chip Kelly sounds very enticing too. I think he will run an NFL team very well.
I think Cower is grossly overrated especially if you give him all the power he will demand.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #35
milehighJC
Solid Starter
 
milehighJC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 213
Default

I would much rather win in a strong division than a weak one, and the west is about as weak as it can get (save the Broncos). The Chiefs are pathetic - so a win does not mean as much, and &diety forbid, a loss would be MUCH more devastating (not happening, not now, not with PM).

Is it possible that the AFC west is one of the worst divisions in the history of the NFL? The East has been bad during the NE years, but three of the four west teams are just miserable this year.

I've always wanted to go to KC for a game (actually would love to visit all the NFL stadiums if I could). Still would like to go, but what fun would it be now? Tickets are easy to come by I guess...
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I hear KC's Ownership will pay you to go to the game if you promise to wear red.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #37
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Whoa, Whoa

What's with all the "I feel bad for them" crap? They won the AFC West in 2010. Yeah they suck now but 1 1/2 years ago the stadium was packed when they won the division. And now it's empty only 1 1/2 years removed from that. That's not loyal. Screw them and screw any Bronco fans who feel sorry for them.


Oh yeah, and have a Happy Thanksgiving, hahahahaha.

Last edited by ZONA; 11-22-2012 at 11:43 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #38
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

14 zip Lions and only 34 yards in the 1st q for houston.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #39
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post
I would much rather win in a strong division than a weak one.
The Patriots disagree.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #40
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The Belichick Trojan horse trick continues to amaze me. The Chiefs -- despite watching other franchises go down in flames trying to replicate New England -- fell for it harder than everyone else with a completely predictable result.
The super secret Belichick system for success has been discovered.

Draft a HOF franchise QB in the 6th round = successful franchise.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #41
milehighJC
Solid Starter
 
milehighJC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
The Patriots disagree.
Fine with me, I would just rather watch good football.

I dont feel sorry for KC, the fact that they suck is their problem. But given the chance, I would rather watch a well played game that the Broncos win than a poorly played blowout.

One of my favorite games in College football was the OSU/Michigan game when they were 1 and 2. Im an OSU fan. Big game, big win, more hurt for Michigan. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hear KC's Ownership will pay you to go to the game if you promise to wear red.
Fat chance... plus I would be the only red jersey in the place. Guess I could pack in my Broncos gear and chuck the red stuff in the trash as soon as I was in the stadium. They would never find me, most of the Stadium will probably be orange. It may be like the Nebraska/Northwestern Game - when the Nebraska fans took over Northwesterns stadium. Guess it really p*ssed them off too...

Last edited by milehighJC; 11-22-2012 at 12:15 PM..
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #42
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

i'm thinking donkey fans in blue will make arrowhead real dark this weekend
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #43
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Lol at the Chorfs. Worst franchise in sports.
Bronco Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #44
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
The super secret Belichick system for success has been discovered.

Draft a HOF franchise QB in the 6th round = successful franchise.
It's more about Brady. The Patriots have gone to SBs with garbage defenses (allegedly Belichick's forte). They've been able to compensate for Belichicks garbage defenses because they have Brady and a series of rulle changes brought about by Goodell letting CBS run his league.

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 11-22-2012 at 12:51 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #45
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
i'm thinking donkey fans in blue will make arrowhead real dark this weekend
What's a 'donkey' fan
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #46
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Whoa, Whoa

What's with all the "I feel bad for them" crap? They won the AFC West in 2010. Yeah they suck now but 1 1/2 years ago the stadium was packed when they won the division. And now it's empty only 1 1/2 years removed from that. That's not loyal. Screw them and screw any Bronco fans who feel sorry for them.


Oh yeah, and have a Happy Thanksgiving, hahahahaha.
When things are this bad, you send a message. Not spending money on the Chiefs sends a direct message to Clark. That's not quitting on your team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #47
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

What's happening at Arrowhead, is not good for the AFC West or the NFL as a whole. It might be good for the Broncos on a short term basis, but in the long-term both fan bases basically lose the rivalry

My disdain for the "Patriots Way," far surpasses my dislike of the Chiefs. This entire thought process that you can replicate what happened in New England, that the Patriots system was as big of a reason as Tom ****ing Brady, has to be the stupidest conclusion NFL Team execs have fallen prey too.

I hope Pioli gets fired and has to crawl back to New England
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #48
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Lol at the Chorfs. Worst franchise in sports.
We haven't won a playoff game since 1993.

The Washington Wizards have more recent playoff victories.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #49
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
What's happening at Arrowhead, is not good for the AFC West or the NFL as a whole. It might be good for the Broncos on a short term basis, but in the long-term both fan bases basically lose the rivalry

My disdain for the "Patriots Way," far surpasses my dislike of the Chiefs. This entire thought process that you can replicate what happened in New England, that the Patriots system was as big of a reason as Tom ****ing Brady, has to be the stupidest conclusion NFL Team execs have fallen prey too.

I hope Pioli gets fired and has to crawl back to New England
The AFC West was clearly at its peak in the 90's. Divisional games were fantastic back then. Seau, DT, Elway.

The Chargers, Chiefs and Broncos were at their peaks as a franchise and the Raiders sucked. Those were the days.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #50
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
The black should look good, Sunday. It will make all the orange REALLY stand out...
It'll be like Halloween in November!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Denver Broncos