The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #76
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Funny after two duis 9 game suspension tweeting a play book ; all things that should have got him released and he wasn't . AFTER ALL THAT THEY DECIDED TO KEEP HIM AROUND AND NOW HE'S PAYED HIS DEBTTO SOCIETY N THE TEAM WHY WOULD THEY RELEASE HIM IF ALL THAT WASN'T ENOUGH TO GET HIM THROWN OFF THE TEAM. The guys balling he's earning his keep and pay . He's not going anywhere u should focus your negativity elsewhere
You do not get it those things would have got him cut.

But until last Sunday he had not cost the team a dime or a roster spot.

He only came back because they told him in order to come back you have to take another cut in whats left of this years salary..

He has not paid his debt to society. He has yet to serve his time for the DUI.

He had a good play on the TFL. Beyond that lets not get all warm in the tummy for him.

He is a good LB making extraordinary pay. Right now a substitute player.

Do you understand all this?

Because your bromance with this skell should be redirected to someone or somewhere else.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #77
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

And for the record DJ, even on limited snaps, accounted for 4 tackles, one for a loss (which is one more than Brooking has had all season) and was also tight in coverage.

Can't wait to see him make this defense better down the stretch. That is unless he gets suspended again!
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #78
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
What do you think of someone like Shon Greene/Stephen Jackson or even Jonathan Dwyer?

Absolutely, this is a big need and DJ can't be counted on as a starter next but just a depth player/insurance in case someone goes down.

Yeah, I'm with you on Randy Starks but I think he'll price himself out. What do you think about Dwan Edwards or even Glenn Dorsey who I definitely think would be a much better 1 tech 4-3 DT?

I think Stokley comes back for another year but we'll definitely need to bring in another slot WR for competition. Not much going in the FA class apart from Danny Amendola who's going to get a long term deal or be franchised.
Dwyer is a RFA so the Steelers might get to keep him. Both Mendenhall and Redman are FA's though. Also don't forget about Welker who is a FA as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats went after Danny and let Welker go this offseason.

For the draft I would like to see Denver go Austin in the first round. The guy has Harvin like skills.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #79
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Lol

Just lol

This thread title shouldve read 'DJ Williams returns... WW cements his spot at WLB anyway'
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #80
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lonestar doesn't like Ryan Clady, so he says we probably won't resign him because LT isn't as important as it was ten years ago. CLOWN.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #81
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. RB - I don't see the Broncos spending $5M for a FA RB either...there really aren't any guys who would fit well into the Manning system (Felix Jones?). You gotta have a guy who is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield. A 230 lb. pounder isn't versatile enough. If there is an impact guy in the 1st round, guaranteed we will take him.

2. LB - The Broncos may target an ILB high in the draft (2nd round?). Mays either needs to seriously restructure, or get cut. DJ can't be counted on forever, and Brooking is ancient. It would be wise to draft an impact ILB with talent high in the draft, though they might not want to shake things up just yet, because there are other areas in need of improvement.

3. CB - I think they'll drop Porter, sign another FA CB, and draft another CB. There are lot's available. They will probably resign Sticky Man for a couple more years, hoping they can get him for relatively cheap...he will be tested in the coming weeks. We'll try to roll with 6 CB's next year instead of 5, so a talent infusion is necessary. Not to mention Champ will probably retire after 2014 (probably the same time Manning does).

4. DT - I'm sure the Broncos are going to lock down Vickerson for a couple more years, and probably resign Bannan for one more year. Wolfe should be starting at UT next year you would think. If not, they could make a play at Randy Starks, Ty Warren's spot needs to be replaced.

5. WR - Not sure if Stokley can go another year in the same capacity. Caldwell stays, but Matt Willis gets replaced with a new addition. Whether it's a FA, or draft pick remains to be seen. The Broncos need to add a dynamic playmaker at WR. Matthew Willis is probably gone.

6. OL - You might be right about OT. We don't have the money to throw around for enormous contracts on the OL. Only problem with that is, it's not great to have a rookie LT protecting Manning. But I can't see spending $10M on Clady. I think franchising Clady is a very real possibility. Hopefully they can work something out that won't break the bank.

7. Safety - Rahim Moore has emerged, without question, as the teams best Safety (thank the lord). I see Mike Adams holding onto starting SS, with Bruton backing up. Leonhard and Q. Carter battle it out for the final Safety roster space.

8. DE - They probably bring back the same crew as this year, resigning Jason Hunter on a 1 year deal, which I'm fine with. Elvis and Von on the edges can't be beat.

9. TE - Is Julius Thomas worthy of a roster spot? I don't know, but it's difficult to imagine them making any significant TE additions.

10. QB - Adios Hanie in 2013. Roster spots are far too valuable around these parts. Trindon Holliday's addition makes it necessary to carry 6 WR's.
RB. I think this team is going to give Hillman his due, they might not like him as a 25 carry per game guy, but I don't see them do anything crazy in free agency of the draft if they believe Mcgahee has another year in him and Hillman can take a larger share of the snaps next year.

LB. This right now looks like the biggest position of need. DJ is going to be a free agent and has a handful of games to show he needs to be back. Trevarthan, Woodyard and Miller are the 3 guys we can build around - I personally believe Mays may be cut. MLB is a position of need, we need an athletic guy in there who can play the run and drop into zone coverage.

CB. Porter is most likely gone, he was on a one year deal and I don't see them resigning him currently. Bailey probably has another year left in him at CB and Carter and Harris are playing well. If there is an athletic cover CB in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me to see us go that way - I don't think we will be trying to make a big splash in FA at this position, especially given the Clady contract will need to be reworked along with Woodyard and a few others.

DT. This position is a real wild card, Bannan is a free agent, Warren is a free agent, Vickerson is a free agent. I believe Bannan and Vickerson may be back at reasonable costs, I assume we will sign a veteran player. Depending where they want to go with Jackson and Wolfe (DE or DT) they may decide getting a veteran is enough or they could go with a 1st or 2nd round big run stopping NT type DT.

WR. Stokley will skip part of OTAs but will be back for another year. There are a lot of good veterans in free agency this year including Ammendola, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Drive, Danario Alexander (if he is healthy), Brian Hartline, Devery Henderson. I don't think this will be a position we are going to be drafting highly.

OL. They will either tag or sign Clady and other than that I doubt they will do much.

S. Safety is not a position of concern, with Carter back, Moore really growing into the role and Leonhard and Adams providing experience and depth there is no need to do anything.

TE. I see this as the biggest question mark on the team. Tamme has dropped too many balls and Dreesen is just not getting open consistently enough. Green is a solid blocker and has some playmaking ability but is not getting on the field enough. I would not be surprised to see us try to go after the Stanford guy in the 2nd round if he is there, we need a big athletic target who can provide those mismatches we see other top passing teams get with their TEs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #82
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Dwyer is a RFA so the Steelers might get to keep him. Both Mendenhall and Redman are FA's though. Also don't forget about Welker who is a FA as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats went after Danny and let Welker go this offseason.

For the draft I would like to see Denver go Austin in the first round. The guy has Harvin like skills.
I just don't see the Rams let Amendola walk under any scenario and he's already said he has no problem being franchise tagged.

Welker? Who knows. I think there will several interesting RBs availalbe in free agency. I don't want Redman, too slow, can't move laterally well. I'd easily send a 6th rounder for Dwyer or Blount.

Medenhall is interesting though.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #83
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I've never had any issues with DJ on the field. It's his "vacations" that bother me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #84
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Jesus tap-dancing christ.

Not only is Lonestar annoying the most annoying retard here with his constant complaining and arguing for the sake of standing out, but the dude has a tenuous grasp on the English language at best.

You really think people are going to give a rat's ass about your garbage takes, if deciphering your 3rd grade grammar is such a pain in the ass?

Step One: Determine whether or not what you are saying needs to be heard. Ask yourself "Am I being a jackass for attention?". If the answer is yes, refer to step three.

Step Two: Determine whether or not you can actually convey your garbled up thoughts in a manner that is even somewhat digestible to a fluent English speaker. If the answer is no, refer to step three.

Step Three: If your name is Lonestar, you have undoubtedly failed on the first two steps. Please forget your login information and throw your computer out the window of your leased double wide. Your life is now forfeit as your crusade to prove people wrong on the internet has come to an abrupt close.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #85
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
What do you think about the MLB from Georgia ogletree . A lot of mocks have him at late first round where I assume we'll be picking. Guy has a great frame excellent speed and he makes a lot of plays I hope if we go MLB we grab him
I pegged him as an early favorite, without knowing much about him (I looked into him after you mentioned him before). He seems like an extremely talented, low-cost, long-term option that would enable the Broncos to move on from D.J.'s contract. It would be a smart play moving forward, that would free up a lot of cash.

However, the Broncos may not be able to afford the luxury of drafting an LB in the 1st round. A lot depends on how Hillman and Moreno perform, and who we add (if anybody) at RB in Free Agency. The Broncos can certainly live with DJ Williams (and his contract) for the next couple years if necessary.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #86
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

We could also restructure DJ's contract. Where else could he make even close to what his current contract is.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #87
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
What do you think of someone like Shon Greene/Stephen Jackson or even Jonathan Dwyer?
1. Good call on Shonn Greene. That might be the guy they target. He'll be looking to get paid, maybe we can get him with the little known Manning effect for ~$3M.
2. The Broncos probably can't afford Steven Jackson.
3. Jonathan Dwyer would nice, but don't see him moving with RFA status. I guess it depends on what draft pick restriction they place on him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm with you on Randy Starks but I think he'll price himself out. What do you think about Dwan Edwards or even Glenn Dorsey who I definitely think would be a much better 1 tech 4-3 DT?
1. We could probably afford Starks at $5M per year depending on where they want to play Wolfe. I would play Wolfe at UT, and forget about adding another UT.
2. Isn't Dwan Edwards under contract through 2013?
3. I think they are probably pretty happy with Vickerson, and won't look to add Dorsey, unless they can't come to reasonable terms with Big Vick. Dorsey's health is a big question.

Quote:
I think Stokley comes back for another year but we'll definitely need to bring in another slot WR for competition. Not much going in the FA class apart from Danny Amendola who's going to get a long term deal or be franchised.
Agree. I think they try to find a gem of a mid-round WR to take Matthew Willis' spot. Then hope the new guy can add some playmaking ability now, while developing into a possible #2WR in the future.

Last edited by pricejj; 11-21-2012 at 09:34 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #88
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I just don't see the Rams let Amendola walk under any scenario and he's already said he has no problem being franchise tagged.

Welker? Who knows. I think there will several interesting RBs availalbe in free agency. I don't want Redman, too slow, can't move laterally well. I'd easily send a 6th rounder for Dwyer or Blount.

Medenhall is interesting though.
Odds are the rams won't let Danny go but, if they do I see the Pats landing him. Honestly I think the Steelers keep Redman and Dwyer and let Hall go. I would like him or Jackson in the off season.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #89
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We could also restructure DJ's contract. Where else could he make even close to what his current contract is.
We already did when he was suspended. The exact terms aren't known.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #90
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's a good idea. Restructure and extend him a couple years. Then if we signed a reasonably priced FA RB (Mendenhall/Greene/Redman), and another FA CB to replace Porter...along with resigning all of our own Free Agents...we would be able to go BPA throughout the draft, which would be awesome.

Last edited by pricejj; 11-21-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #91
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I've never had any issues with DJ on the field. It's his "vacations" that bother me.
Exactly. I never argued he was a bad player. He's not a playmaker, but I was willing to accept that given he was always where he was supposed to be and is a sound tackler.

If DJ makes a big tackle in a game, it doesn't mean his DUI's and horse urine, pot-smoking problems didn't happen magically.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #92
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I posted on an earlier DJ thread that I thought DJ would play MLB some in the San Diego game and would be starting by the playoffs.

Right now I am very comfortable with that prediction.

As to DJ being gone next year, I doubt it. Unless of course he makes another off field bone-headed move. He does love playing football so his 9 weeks off might have slapped him in the face hard enough to keep him on the straight and narrow. Here is hoping so - he is a very good (note I did not say elite, Lonestar) LB in the prime of his career.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #93
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Manti Te'o
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #94
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
RB. I think this team is going to give Hillman his due, they might not like him as a 25 carry per game guy, but I don't see them do anything crazy in free agency of the draft if they believe Mcgahee has another year in him and Hillman can take a larger share of the snaps next year.

LB. This right now looks like the biggest position of need. DJ is going to be a free agent and has a handful of games to show he needs to be back. Trevarthan, Woodyard and Miller are the 3 guys we can build around - I personally believe Mays may be cut. MLB is a position of need, we need an athletic guy in there who can play the run and drop into zone coverage.

CB. Porter is most likely gone, he was on a one year deal and I don't see them resigning him currently. Bailey probably has another year left in him at CB and Carter and Harris are playing well. If there is an athletic cover CB in the 1st round it wouldn't surprise me to see us go that way - I don't think we will be trying to make a big splash in FA at this position, especially given the Clady contract will need to be reworked along with Woodyard and a few others.

DT. This position is a real wild card, Bannan is a free agent, Warren is a free agent, Vickerson is a free agent. I believe Bannan and Vickerson may be back at reasonable costs, I assume we will sign a veteran player. Depending where they want to go with Jackson and Wolfe (DE or DT) they may decide getting a veteran is enough or they could go with a 1st or 2nd round big run stopping NT type DT.

WR. Stokley will skip part of OTAs but will be back for another year. There are a lot of good veterans in free agency this year including Ammendola, Jennings, Bowe, Welker, Drive, Danario Alexander (if he is healthy), Brian Hartline, Devery Henderson. I don't think this will be a position we are going to be drafting highly.

OL. They will either tag or sign Clady and other than that I doubt they will do much.

S. Safety is not a position of concern, with Carter back, Moore really growing into the role and Leonhard and Adams providing experience and depth there is no need to do anything.

TE. I see this as the biggest question mark on the team. Tamme has dropped too many balls and Dreesen is just not getting open consistently enough. Green is a solid blocker and has some playmaking ability but is not getting on the field enough. I would not be surprised to see us try to go after the Stanford guy in the 2nd round if he is there, we need a big athletic target who can provide those mismatches we see other top passing teams get with their TEs.
Actually DJ has one more year on @ $7,700,000.00.. as it stand right now..

His production is not what you expect for that kind of money..
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #95
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Manti Te'o
He'll be a top five pick. We won't get within smelling distance.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #96
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post

Not only is Lonestar annoying the most annoying retard here with his constant complaining and arguing for the sake of standing out, but the dude has a tenuous grasp on the English language at best.

You really think people are going to give a rat's ass about your garbage takes, if deciphering your 3rd grade grammar is such a pain in the ass?

Step One: Determine whether or not what you are saying needs to be heard. Ask yourself "Am I being a jackass for attention?". If the answer is yes, refer to step three.

Step Two: Determine whether or not you can actually convey your garbled up thoughts in a manner that is even somewhat digestible to a fluent English speaker. If the answer is no, refer to step three.

Step Three: If your name is Lonestar, you have undoubtedly failed on the first two steps. Please forget your login information and throw your computer out the window of your leased double wide. Your life is now forfeit as your crusade to prove people wrong on the internet has come to an abrupt close.

Wow just when I thought there were no more morons on this forum.. another one jumps up and plays forum police..

Ask me if I care about your take..

BTW my "double wide" is about 2600 square feet in prime neighborhood, Pool, Spa and sauna.. all paid for and again Ask me if I care about your take..
Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #97
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Wow just when I thought there were no more morons on this forum.. another one jumps up and plays forum police..

Ask me if I care about your take..

BTW my "double wide" is about 2600 square feet in prime neighborhood, Pool, Spa and sauna.. all paid for and again Ask me if I care about your take..
Question: Do you care about my take?
Answer: You're damn right you do, look at all these letters you arranged into words, which you in turn used to compose sentences. The sentences in question were, in fact, directed at me. With a little braggadocio for added effect.

Since you are clearly uneducated, allow me to inquire about the methods you employed to acquire your mass wealth?

Last edited by Flex Gunmetal; 11-21-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #98
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
We already did when he was suspended. The exact terms aren't known.
It was restructured only for this year. Right now he Is playing for next year contract where ever that might be. Since he is on the books for $7.7 mil next year playing back up as it stands for now. That is not going to stand, hoping he plays lights out and some moron GM will give us something for his dumb ass. But then Millen is not in DET anymore sothat seems unlikely.

He is not going unseat Woodyard or Miller so that means the only slot is MLB which he has already done once before and has not shown a huge aptitude for that. Typically the MLB takes from sideline and makes the calls on defense and adjusts them to fit what the O is showing them. He is not smart enough to do that and no amount of coaching up from JDR is going to fix that.

Now they may decide he is a good enough athlete to overlook him making the calls but, that stills calls in Elways upgrading of the team to his players. Smart and leaders two things DJ is not.

Not to mention JDR is a LB guy I suspects he wants players that can do their job in all respects.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #99
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
He'll be a top five pick. We won't get within smelling distance.
Damn. We need to hire Poili away from KC so we can get us some high draft picks, right Bob. That's the way to build for the future huh.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #100
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Question: Do you care about my take?
Answer: You're damn right you do, look at all these letters you arranged into words, which you in turn used to compose sentences. The sentences in question were, in fact, directed at me. With a little braggadocio for added effect.

Since you are clearly uneducated, allow me to inquire about the methods you employed to acquire your mass wealth?
You flatter yourself, if you really think I could give a crap about your pissant posts and or critiques.

You commented about my living conditions, decided you needed to be put straight since your assumptions were 180 degrees from fact.

As how I amassed my wealth, since you are the forum cop you can figure it out.