The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I think we will get the #2 if we can take down Baltimore. I think our schedule is much easier than theirs and can easily see them losing to several teams at the end of the stretch. If Big Ben was healthy the Steelers game would be a battle. Us, the Bengals and Giants all can be close games. I honestly think we are going to steamroll and win out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
Mile High Salute

My picks...I picked every single game in the NFL the rest of the way. I've got the Broncos as the #2 seed - don't think they can catch Houston, but #2 is in play, although they'll probably have to win out to do so. (A definite possibility given the easy remaining schedule.) Think Pitt will do enough to get a wild card, but not win the division. Indy gets in at 8-8 by winning a tiebreaker over Cincy. San Diago goes 7-9, just good enough to keep Norv Turner around. Oakland goes 5-11, and KC fails at failing by winning a couple more and getting the #3 pick.

In the AFC playoffs, I'd take Baltimore over Indy, and Pittsburgh over New England (call it a hunch - I think both teams will be about even by then). Baltimore goes to Denver, and Pittsburgh goes to Houston. Think the Broncos beat the Ravens at home, and Pittsburgh upsets the Texans (still haven't won much in the playoffs, and Pittsburgh's battle tested). Pittsburgh at Denver for the AFC title. I know it sounds like a homer pick, but I'd take the Broncos. Not because of Manning, but because of the D. They're just really, really good and getting better seemingly every week. Oh, and they basically just added an impact FA midseason in D.J. Williams.

In the NFC...think New Orleans makes a valiant effort to get back into things and finishes 9-7, but it's just too deep of a hole. Bears and Falcons get byes. Wild card round I'd take San Fran over Seattle at home, and Green Bay beats the Giants in NY (just don't think NY has looked right this year). So then San Fran goes to Atlanta, where they take out Matty Ice. Green Bay goes to Chicago but falls short (that Chicago D is just sick). NFC title game is San Fran at Chicago, and I'd take the Bears by a hair.

So there's your Super Bowl...Denver vs. Chicago. Cutler and Marshall face their old team. Manning faces the team he beat to win his first Super Bowl. He does it again. I know it sounds homerish, but I really think the Broncos are for real. It's going to be a fun ride.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #28
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
I appreciate the humor in this
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #29
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post
My picks...I picked every single game in the NFL the rest of the way. I've got the Broncos as the #2 seed - don't think they can catch Houston, but #2 is in play, although they'll probably have to win out to do so. (A definite possibility given the easy remaining schedule.) Think Pitt will do enough to get a wild card, but not win the division. Indy gets in at 8-8 by winning a tiebreaker over Cincy. San Diago goes 7-9, just good enough to keep Norv Turner around. Oakland goes 5-11, and KC fails at failing by winning a couple more and getting the #3 pick.

In the AFC playoffs, I'd take Baltimore over Indy, and Pittsburgh over New England (call it a hunch - I think both teams will be about even by then). Baltimore goes to Denver, and Pittsburgh goes to Houston. Think the Broncos beat the Ravens at home, and Pittsburgh upsets the Texans (still haven't won much in the playoffs, and Pittsburgh's battle tested). Pittsburgh at Denver for the AFC title. I know it sounds like a homer pick, but I'd take the Broncos. Not because of Manning, but because of the D. They're just really, really good and getting better seemingly every week. Oh, and they basically just added an impact FA midseason in D.J. Williams.

In the NFC...think New Orleans makes a valiant effort to get back into things and finishes 9-7, but it's just too deep of a hole. Bears and Falcons get byes. Wild card round I'd take San Fran over Seattle at home, and Green Bay beats the Giants in NY (just don't think NY has looked right this year). So then San Fran goes to Atlanta, where they take out Matty Ice. Green Bay goes to Chicago but falls short (that Chicago D is just sick). NFC title game is San Fran at Chicago, and I'd take the Bears by a hair.

So there's your Super Bowl...Denver vs. Chicago. Cutler and Marshall face their old team. Manning faces the team he beat to win his first Super Bowl. He does it again. I know it sounds homerish, but I really think the Broncos are for real. It's going to be a fun ride.
Unless Rapistberger gets healthy soon, Pitts chances are going to plummet. The way they talked about him, it could be a while.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #30
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Unless Rapistberger gets healthy soon, Pitts chances are going to plummet. The way they talked about him, it could be a while.
He should be back in time for the playoffs. And they almost beat the Ravens last week - they are good at winning ugly games. I think Baltimore definitely takes the division, but they should still snag a wild card. Their schedule isn't that tough the rest of the way, and it includes two games against the Browns. And once they're in the playoffs, anything can happen. A bit of a bold pick, I know. But I guess more than anything, I don't have a ton of faith in the Pats or Texans. Could be wrong, but I'm not sure they'll have what it takes when the rubber meets the road.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Salute View Post

How do you print screens onto the Mane page like this?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #32
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

15 Minutes... HA!

Even if we beat Baltimore, especially with McGahee going down, I don't see us getting the bye. This team is still making too many mistakes for me to be able to confidently say that we will beat every team that we should.

However, a first round matchup with either Pittsburgh or Indy would be a nice tuneup for the second round. I sort of like that idea better than a bye.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #33
Mile High Salute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
How do you print screens onto the Mane page like this?
It wasn't too hard. Just hit "Print Screen" on your keyboard, paste the file in Paint or some other image program, crop it, save it as a PNG or JPEG, and then attach it to your post. And voila!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

It is going to come down to the Ravens game...

It's just as likely for the Ravens and NE to drop a head-scratcher as for us, NE loses at least 1 against SF and Houston. A loss to the Ravens would put us effectively 2 behind them...
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
It is going to come down to the Ravens game...

It's just as likely for the Ravens and NE to drop a head-scratcher as for us, NE loses at least 1 against SF and Houston. A loss to the Ravens would put us effectively 2 behind them...
I agree, Manning has a really good record against the Ravens. Maybe that will offset Denver's history. They just play so much better at home than on the road. I hope The Chargers and Steelers beat them. It could happen.